GDT: The 2020 NCAA Football Thread

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Will all the COVID issues with that team, I wouldn’t have gone anywhere near any Ohio State players.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Tennessee is a mess, that's all there is to say. The good news for them is Freeze and Herman are available among others, will either be interested though?

The fact that it was Fulmer of all people that was writing about recruiting violations and a lack of control in the program makes me giggle extensively.

Reactions: HisIceness

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Tennessee is a mess, that's all there is to say. The good news for them is Freeze and Herman are available among others, will either be interested though?

They literally just wanted any reason to fire Pruitt without paying his buyout and they are willing to take whatever weak punishment the NCAA doles out to Missouri to do it.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
They literally just wanted any reason to fire Pruitt without paying his buyout and they are willing to take whatever weak punishment the NCAA doles out to SW Missouri State to do it.
Ftfy.

But seriously though, you're 100% right that this is all about getting rid of this guy without paying the buyout. Nothing done at Tennessee that wasn't being done by literally every other SEC school aside from Vandy. Maybe not quite as direct as literally handing them a bag of money, but some of the shit that goes on is shocking.

Hell I know there's a few guys that WVU is looking in to but they want to know if they'll even be eligible first before they bring them in as a transfer

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Tennessee just hired one of the hottest AD prospects in the country in UCF's Danny White. They know no matter how egregious their recruiting violation are, nothing too bad will happen. Just look at UNC and what they got for fake classes. Basically a slap on the wrist. Ditto for USC/Miami football and countless other scandals. As long as high profile programs don't pull a Sandusky, they will be fine. I mean... even Ped State had their penalties reduced, and they were part of literally one of the most despicable scandals of college sports history, maybe even American history as well. The NCAA is such a joke. I feel guilty for even watching anymore.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Some time ago SB Nation made a documentary about Ole Miss, the shit they were doing, and the Mississippi State blogger who was given Hugh Freezes phone records. They've got a gold mine here w/ Pruitt.

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

tumblr_m10c1hWfwo1qcr8tuo2_r1_250.gif

Get hype.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I wasn't considering a next gen console at all but a new college football game is a game changer.
Yep. I entirely skipped the last generation and went pc only for a while, since the end of the NCAA series really, but if anything is going to change my mind this is it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad