Prospect Info: The 2020 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides some of the Top Players, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
LD is pretty well set long-term with Girard and Byram already. If the Avs just need a bottom pairing guy they are a dime a dozen in free agency or trades... or they develop Zhura.
Graves?

I agree that we need at least one more legit RHD prospect in the system.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Graves?

I agree that we need at least one more legit RHD prospect in the system.

As good of story as Graves is, he's not a long-term top 4 guy and not a guy who is likely to be here 4 more years. Probably signs a 2-3 year contract this summer and walks after that. When you're talking mid 1st round, the best case is usually +2 season, but +3 or +4 is more likely with a defensemen. In later rounds +4 would be a big positive. Time and roster turnover really sneak up on people... IE Timmins is in his +3 season now and the Avs will be looking to him to join the line up in +4 or +5 full time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The other Micheal Porter Jr would be Hendrix Lappeirre, but 3 head injuries would be more of a 2nd round pick guy.

I'd throw Ty Smilanic in the injury group too. Hasn't been fully healthy in two years... and Joe coached him!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Pre-injury Lapierre was projected top 3 in this draft class IIRC.

He might have been there with some, but more reasonable projections put him near the end of the top 10 to 20. Under 6' with average skating held most back... when he has been healthy this year, the play has been kinda meh. I would compare it to Hishon. Going into his draft year he was looked as at a top 10 lock and potential top 5 guy... hurt and we all know the history now.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The other Micheal Porter Jr would be Hendrix Lappeirre, but 3 head injuries would be more of a 2nd round pick guy.

If Lapierre is there when we pick, I'd take the gamble on him. He's got the talent to be an absolute stud, but his injuries are definitely a concern. I'd rather take the gamble on him in the late first rather than hoping he's still there in the 2nd.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He might have been there with some, but more reasonable projections put him near the end of the top 10 to 20. Under 6' with average skating held most back... when he has been healthy this year, the play has been kinda meh. I would compare it to Hishon. Going into his draft year he was looked as at a top 10 lock and potential top 5 guy... hurt and we all know the history now.

He's listed at 6'0 181lbs...not as undersized as Hishon and has a better pedigree as a former 1OA pick in the Q. I get what you're saying with the injuries though.

High risk high reward prospect.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He's listed at 6'0 181lbs...not as undersized as Hishon and has a better pedigree as a former 1OA pick in the Q. I get what you're saying with the injuries though.

High risk high reward prospect.

He's going to measure under 6' at the combine. Not a ton, but he will be under. Hishon was a #8 OHL pick just a few picks behind Duchene. He was very highly thought of... the broken foot kept him out and caused him to drop.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Give me Nickl, Musorov, and Alderson this year. Gather all the players from non-traditional hockey countries!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Keeping an eye on whether @McMetal starts saying lads, and if so, reporting @S E P H for hacking his account.
I'm back on the superior account now.
1737186.main_image.gif

Yeah, you gotta remember to cheque before you post.
Who's hacking who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad