GDT: The 2020/2021 Season Opener - Your New Jersey Devils at home against the Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I think the important thing tonight is the young players have led the team from MBW to Smith to Hughes to Yegor and even McLeod.
Hughes stunk and McLeod is violent. I have no idea what the infatuation with the Russian is.

Putting palms out consistently on the pk puts Ruff in Hynes territory for me.

MBW is the best young goaltender in the game.

That's all I've got.

Edit: Kyle Palmieri, on a penalty kill. Kyle Palmieri.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Well, the game wasn't really a coin toss. Blackwood skewed the result. Bs really carried a large majority of the play going at what looked to be half speed. But there were some good signs.
Should of been more clear, I was referring to the shootout being the coin-toss. Your point still stands though.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Not that we played all that well but some of the bad trends got reversed from what I saw. A lot more battle, a lot more speed. A decent start.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why are people fixated on Subban playing 30 minutes in a 65 minute game? We literally iced a rookie in his first NHL game and Matt f***ing Tennyson, of course he was going to log heavy minutes. :laugh:

Yeah it's not like we have many other options other than Severson who played 24 minutes anyway. Tennyson played 10, those were your options on the right side.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I think the postgame interview is broadcasted to both the home and away networks this season since they don’t have locker room access. So that would explain Marchand. I could be wrong in that though.

Reactions: Puckclektr

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I absolutely think we deserved a point. That 1st period was embarrassing, but we were the better team the rest of the way. Rask made some incredible saves in the 3rd, but if Zajac puts Jack's rebound home....

Every game against the B's is the same. They know from the drop of the puck they are going to beat us. They play hard until they get a goal. Then they coast. Then we get back in the game, then they turn it on again and tie or take the lead. If it makes it to OT, they kinda rope a dope until the shootout. It's like it's scripted.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
So honestly not the demoralizing of a game... however Palms is god awful. I know he was hitting but god damn his coordination is just terrible

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think the postgame interview is broadcasted to both the home and away networks this season since they don’t have locker room access. So that would explain Marchand. I could be wrong in that though.

Seriously?! Well it's just our ****ing luck it had to be Marchand in the first game when we find out.

Reactions: glenwo2

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I want to see what rango and mango can do in the shootout. Palm was face palm on that 2 on 0. He shot far side didn’t even try to go five hole to or make a move. Jack looked good in overtime and puck bounced on him in the shootout but even if it didn’t bounce on him I think Rask had him beat with the pad

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hughes had a pretty good 2nd, and a great 3rd and OT imo. Got 2 assists. If he didn't give the effort on Wood's goal there, we lose 2-1.

The young guys showed up.

I love that Ruff doesn't look scared to put the young guys in there. Saw Hughes and Yegor on a 4 on 4 once. Good to see. Learn from your mistakes.

Reactions: LeedsMonster

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Sharangovich's shot isn't an issue. He likely should've scored there but shit happens, he has a good shot.
I’ll take your word for it. I haven’t really seen much of him. But in reality he had a very strong game but a major flaw was failing like that in a routine shot

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Echoing others, but a big surprise considering well, everything. Can't say I'm upset at the result especially after watching them completely melt down in last season's opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland