GDT: The 2020/2021 Season Opener - Your New Jersey Devils at home against the Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Glad to see some of the kids picking up during the second half of the game

Rotate in our three missing starters and things should get a bit better

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
I didnt even notice Ryan Murray tonight which for the type of player he is...is perfect.
I noticed him pass up a shot right in the slot - what an idiot!

but in all seriousness, he had two goal-saving blocks. Hes the first Devil in a while I feel comfortable having him on in a game-winning/saving time

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agree on Jack...wasnt too thrilled with Smith...but we need to see how this progresses...more than just the players Ruff deserves a break for trying to implement a new program under these circumstances.

Not going to hand the kid a Norris, but I think he at the very least settled down after a real jumpy 1st.

Reserving judgment is fair.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Ruffs system really allows us to grow in confidence offensively. love that we may be a tough team to play against defensively.

i don’t know if i’ve felt this good about a loss maybe ever. good sign of things to come in my opinion.

Reactions: glenwo2 and Dialamo

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
At some points I tried to make sure to watch Murray out there because he can go unnoticed sometimes, which is perfect for him, and he's just a real steady defenseman. Good spacing, good stickwork, and he had some jump in the offensive end too at times. I think we knew he was a great addition and exactly what we needed but it's just a matter of him staying healthy.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I was disappointed with Gusev. Didn't love Palm's play either, and not impressed by Kuokonen. Other than that, I was pretty satisfied with the rest of the team, even Wood.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah Hughes like the team at large was vastly different after the first period. That's the kind of stuff that can be meaningful win or loss.

Reactions: glenwo2

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’ll take your word for it. I haven’t really seen much of him. But in reality he had a very strong game but a major flaw was failing like that in a routine shot
He had Rask totally off his angle and had far side of the net open. Looked like he has his head up and saw the opening but just missed

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Kind of a shame we never had a player like Murray around at the same time as prime Greene. Would've been so nice to have two steady hands back there.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Hughes stunk and McLeod is violent. I have no idea what the infatuation with the Russian is.

Putting palms out consistently on the pk puts Ruff in Hynes territory for me.

MBW is the best young goaltender in the game.

That's all I've got.

Edit: Kyle Palmieri, on a penalty kill. Kyle Palmieri.

You didn't like Sharangovich? Thought he was very solid for his first NHL game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
what coach would use Zajac every time? was that Hynes? he was bad but put him in every time
Henrique was the one they couldn’t stop using. It was a crime. Zajac had success in the shootout early on in his career. Henrique was always terrible. He was like 1 for 13 or 1 for 14 at one point and they still kept using him.

It was gross incompetence. He was the worst shootout player in the league that was actually able to take that many attempts.

Reactions: The 29th Pick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad