Pre-Game Talk: The 2019 off-season thread Part 4: Last Thread before the madness starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
giphy.gif
-Tallon as he desperately pleads with Panarin’s agent.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
At 13+, cap space is more important. There are examples of this. McDavid. Tavares. Marner (maybe to be).

Even when Oilers has their little playoff run, it wasn’t all McDavid show. Anaheim shut him down really well when they focused on it. That’s hockey. It’s a team sport. You can’t play Panarin more than about 35-40% of a game. And that’s a bit much, except for game 7’s.

The thing is, there aren’t 31+ real superstars that can take over even periodically. There isn’t one per team on the average in the league, so GMs will overpay if their stars seem to line up.

I’m entirely at peace letting Panarin go spend 16% or more of some other team’s cap.

(My limit would be 11.75-12)

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Islanders said to sign Varlamov and the latest rumors of beating us to Panarin. I’m going to be disappointed. Teams stacking up. Clearly signaling Bobs with us but we need some legit depth to make up for Panarin...

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Not sure where he's getting that definitively though. Maybe I'm just in denial

He still implies heavily that we will be in until the end... Think he is going by Bob's "report" and main-stream media feelings...

He still lists Panarin as our number-one priority on O, and mentions how we would trade Hoffman if we sign both Panarin and Connolly upfront.

So yeah, count me in denial too... But still not buying the smoke. :P

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
So bob at 9.5-10 (yikes) and no panarin. Lovely. They better make up for it with some other additions on D and depth up front

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Rumor of lee signing with islanders for 56 million over 7 years according to dater. That’s a lot

CyBorg24

Apr 3, 2019
I know. Are people forgetting the season he had last year?

Are we forgetting the crap fest we witnessed in net for the Panthers last year? I , for one am thankful that at least we are getting Bob.

Yes losing breadman, especially to the stupid Isles would suck but come on. Everyone, the whole season, while we were getting scored on left and right was crying for an improved defense and goaltending. Well, one need down one to go. Let’s cross our fingers that they have some more moves up their sleeves

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
So bob at 9.5-10 (yikes) and no panarin. Lovely. They better make up for it with some other additions on D and depth up front

I was just looking at the list of free agent defenseman....yikes.

I think if we’re gonna improve our D it’s gonna have to be through trade.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Are we not forgetting the crap fest we witnessed in net for the Panthers last year? I , for one am thankful that at least we are getting Bob.

Yes losing breadman, especially to the stupid Isles would suck but come on. Everyone, the whole season, while we were getting scored on left and right was crying for an improved defense and goaltending. Well, one need down one to go. Let’s cross our fingers that they have some more moves up their sleeves

Oh trust me, I was one the most vocal on here about our goaltending last season. I just don't think Bob is worth $10m per season. I don't think any goaltender is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad