GDT: The 2019 IIHF World Men Championships

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jost joins the team and Canada's offense explodes (vs. Great Britain). Coincidence? I think not.

Three easy assists for Jost so far today.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Drawing penalties like a champ as well. Hooking penalties in the third period while 5-0 up, but the effort's there!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another one.......

It sounds like Landeskog will be joining Sweden as well if the Avs clear him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is it bad that I'd rather the Avs not clear Landy? It seemed to me like he was banged up and the summer is so much shorter this season for our guys.

Yeah I would have preferred this too, but maybe it's not something too serious that he can make worse. He might have had time to heel up a bit finally this last week too. Probably why it took a little while to make a decision.

A lot of the time these guys have nagging injuries that hold them back from playing on top of their game, but it's because they don't have the time to take the proper rest and let it heel. They're either practicing hard or playing hard. Especially in the playoffs where they almost never have more than a day off in between games, and the physicality is ramped up so high. They're just always making the injury a little worse, and then only heeling up a little bit before they do it again the next game.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Dude looked like he was falling apart most of the playoff and came back from injury on the eve of them and now they let him play for Sweden? They need to be saved from themselves sometimes.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Dude looked like he was falling apart most of the playoff and came back from injury on the eve of them and now they let him play for Sweden? They need to be saved from themselves sometimes.
They take pride playing for sweden and i am happy.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Landy is always injured, he just played through it. Landy injuries are different from the ones suffered by mere mortals.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Its a nice trip for the guys and lets them stay in shape and makes the summer training grind shorter. The players can coast along and play a European style game. Most if them do t take it all that serious it's a chance to travel with their better halves

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Is there any evidence Landy was hurt in the playoffs? If he didn't shot at 7% during the playoff-stretch I'm not sure that discussion would even come up.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Grubauer no longer in net and the score is only 2-1

Hopefully it isn't an injury at all but seems unlikely. Lets hope it isn't serious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad