GDT: The 2019 IIHF World Men Championships

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Disapointed that Makar didn’t go to the WC. I think it could have been good experience for him. He should have gone.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
If he was any good he'd force his way on the team. I'm glad he didn't go. The sooner the count of Avs playing in the WC reaches 0 the better.
Well he's already replaced Barrie, which goes to show you just how high team Canada's standards are. Only the true elite, like Philippe Myers who's 6'5 could go.

Reactions: Ivan13

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Having 16 teams in the tournament is a joke. There are 9 teams that can play so having 12 would already be a stretch.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Having 16 teams in the tournament is a joke. There are 9 teams that can play so having 12 would already be a stretch.
Well, I mean hockey in the UK is growing in an economy that can support the sport, and this is a cool story. We've also had several nice runs from teams that aren't able to sustain those kind of efforts year to year because of their talent pool, like Latvia, France, Belarus and for the love of God Slovakia isn't supposed to even be on this list, but this is where we've come to.

But of course the talent gap is ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad