Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part IV

Avs are currently 42nd overall in the second as of 3/12, who you got?

• Jamieson Rees, C [Sarnia Sting, OHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wisssh

Oct 2, 2005
North America
I actually agree with the general jist of mistrusting non-combine #s, but 7 pounds? Really? Even for a smurf losing 7 pounds over the course of a season is nothing. Didn't MacK drop almost all of the way back down to 205 over the course of that sophomore season when he bulked up to 220+ over the summer? So though I don't trust non-combine #s either, Weiss' weight seems like a poor example with which to prove that point.
Many on NTDP last year lost 10 lbs + with U18 worlds being in Southern Russia last year.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
My god Bleedwells head might explode just from the site of seeing Foppberg join the Kakko side :laugh:

I dont care who we get as long as we get 1 or 2. Hughes is the best player but Kakko is my favorite player and the way he plays the game would certainly fit this team extremely well.

What in the name of!!!
Even the most stubborn ones are starting to see the light! :clap::clap:

:laugh:

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Pierce is still having hard time with him self. To cave or not to cave:laugh:

Now that you surrended I'm certain that those few blind mice that are left from the"Hughes 100% slam dunk best player" camp cfg, Pierce, Seph, Henchman, Amusement dork will follow soon
:surrender

Reactions: Patagonia

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pierce is still having hard time with him self. To cave or not to cave:laugh:

Now that you surrended I'm certain that those few blind mice that are left from the"Hughes 100% slam dunk best player" camp cfg, Pierce, Seph, Henchman, Amusement dork will follow soon
:surrender

I'm not having a hard time at all. Hughes is the better prospect and that's just not going to change.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm not having a hard time at all. Hughes is the better prospect and that's just not going to change.

Yup. Hughes talent level is just so god damn high it’s ridiculous. Sure he’s small but that level of playmaking, skating and hockey iq is just basically guaranteed to become a franchise changing talent.

Not that Kakko isn’t but it’s clear which player is the more talented one.

Reactions: cgf and McMetal

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yup. Hughes talent level is just so god damn high it’s ridiculous. Sure he’s small but that level of playmaking, skating and hockey iq is just basically guaranteed to become a franchise changing talent.

Not that Kakko isn’t but it’s clear which player is the more talented one.
Being able to play physical and win battles is also a talent. Kakko excels at that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Give it time, you'll get there.

Negative, it'll never happen. I love Kakko, he's probably my 2nd favorite prospect in this years draft behind Heinola, but he's not on the level of Hughes.

Hughes is going to be the next Patty Kane, only as a Center. Just ridiculous hands on the kid and his creativity is outstanding.

As long as we get 1st or 2nd overall we'll be laughing as both are elite talents. At 3rd overall or worse we're not getting a slam dunk player but I do believe in the upside of Turcotte, Cozens, and Byram. Good chance at getting a high end 2C or a quality Top pairing guy with any one of those 3.

Colorado pick is a crap shoot and I have no idea what direction they plan to go in with it. I know me personally, especially at 16th overall would be all over Heinola or Knight. But I could see the Avs being one of those teams that simply will not take a goalie in the first round and with our Defense already being very young and looking very promising with Girard and Makar, I could see them opting for more offense and try and really build up a good core of forwards to match what we having going on with the Defense. I just hope if they take a forward they take a guy with massive upside and not a safer pick. Someone like Caufield, Kaliyev, or Dorofeyev... just swing for the fences and hope to hit a home run. Play it safe in the 2nd round if we have to.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Negative, it'll never happen. I love Kakko, he's probably my 2nd favorite prospect in this years draft behind Heinola, but he's not on the level of Hughes.

Hughes is going to be the next Patty Kane, only as a Center. Just ridiculous hands on the kid and his creativity is outstanding.

As long as we get 1st or 2nd overall we'll be laughing as both are elite talents. At 3rd overall or worse we're not getting a slam dunk player but I do believe in the upside of Turcotte, Cozens, and Byram. Good chance at getting a high end 2C or a quality Top pairing guy with any one of those 3.

Colorado pick is a crap shoot and I have no idea what direction they plan to go in with it. I know me personally, especially at 16th overall would be all over Heinola or Knight. But I could see the Avs being one of those teams that simply will not take a goalie in the first round and with our Defense already being very young and looking very promising with Girard and Makar, I could see them opting for more offense and try and really build up a good core of forwards to match what we having going on with the Defense. I just hope if they take a forward they take a guy with massive upside and not a safer pick. Someone like Caufield, Kaliyev, or Dorofeyev... just swing for the fences and hope to hit a home run. Play it safe in the 2nd round if we have to.
I'd still really like an LD prospect they can slow burn in this year's draft, because that side looks really thin even with our youth there, so I'd be happy with Heinola at 16, he seems like a good target. Would really have loved Broberg but no way he slips that far. When our pick was in the 10-12 range we might have had a chance.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'd still really like an LD prospect they can slow burn in this year's draft, because that side looks really thin even with our youth there, so I'd be happy with Heinola at 16, he seems like a good target. Would really have loved Broberg but no way he slips that far. When our pick was in the 10-12 range we might have had a chance.
Our pick will be in the late 20s:thumbu:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
From yesterday.......

Avs are in the middle of a playoff race and the GM is out scouting the potential 1st overall pick because the Avs have the best odds of getting him. This season is awesome.

I wonder who was the winning goalie in that game :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Merchant

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018

[mod]

Hughes will never be as good as Kane.
But at least we can agree that top 2 pick would be huge, really huge, for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Assuming that Hughes is the most talented of the two, is the talent gap between him and Kakko big enough to overcome the fact that Hughes is much smaller and could be injury prone? (I don't have the answer BTW).

It's all about risk/reward.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

This guy needs to be pulling an Avs sweater on in June.

Man, every part of that shift resembles Forsberg so much. Even that little backhand chip play on net he tried, was one of Forsberg's favorite moves.

It almost looks like he's waiting for the defenseman to step up on him like Lidstrom did, so he can make the same move between the legs.

Cued up at 11:10.

Reactions: Avs71

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I think if we draft #1 we have to take Hughes. I actually kinda hope we drop to #2 so we are "stuck" with Kakko.
Drafting Hughes would be a mistake so I'm with you. Number 2 pick for us because I don't trust Sakic to make the right choise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad