Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part IV

Avs are currently 42nd overall in the second as of 3/12, who you got?

• Jamieson Rees, C [Sarnia Sting, OHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
cut.jpg

2019 NHL Draft will take place at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia
June 21st and 22nd, 2019

NHL Draft Lottery
Tankathon | 2019 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

Mock Drafts
2019 NHL Mock Draft | 2019 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
2019 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

Bob McKenzie's Rankings
Preliminary: https://www.tsn.ca/hughes-leads-the-pack-in-tsn-hockey-s-pre-season-draft-ranking-1.1172382
Midterm: https://www.tsn.ca/it-s-still-the-jack-hughes-draft-1.1246625
Final: N/A

Craig Button's Rankings
September: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hughes-easily-tops-first-draft-rankings-1.1170553
October: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-kakko-boldy-and-kaliyev-rise-up-draft-rankings-1.1196164
December: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-kakko-hughes-set-for-world-junior-clash-1.1225187
January: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hughes-stays-ahead-of-kakko-after-world-juniors-1.1237475
March: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hughes-leads-class-heavy-on-american-talent-1.1279391

Players
Database: Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center
CSS - Preliminary: NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch
CSS - Midterm: Hughes, Kakko top Central Scouting midterm rankings for 2019 NHL Draft
CSS - Final: N/A

Colorado Avalanche Draft Picks
2019 NHL Entry Draft - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
1st Round: Acquired [from OTT]
1st Round: Kept
2nd: Kept
3rd: Acquired [from OTT]
3rd: Kept
4th: Gone [to NSH]
5th: Kept
6th: Kept
7th: Kept

Prospect Info: - The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread
Prospect Info: - The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II
Prospect Info: - The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part III

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs are going to draft a D in the second round, as tradition demands.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Don’t think I’ve ever been as nervous about a lottery in my life lol. Seeing Colorado drop from 1st to 4th in 2017 broke my heart (even though it seemed to work out) and now I know it’s more likely that we draft 4th and any other scenario.

Long as we get Kakko/Hughes/Byram id he happy.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I went with Grewe because he fits the bill of a small but not too small high energy winger that will have his potential ruined by the stooges running our development "system"

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Don’t think I’ve ever been as nervous about a lottery in my life lol. Seeing Colorado drop from 1st to 4th in 2017 broke my heart (even though it seemed to work out) and now I know it’s more likely that we draft 4th and any other scenario.

They should do the drawing live on the air with a monitor that shows new odds at every ball dopped. I believe I heard somewhere after three balls the Avs had the best chance at Austin Matthews. That's good f***ing television right there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs are going to draft a D in the second round, as tradition demands.

And miss, as is tradition.

Jury is still out on Meloche and Timmins, but they don't have any recent success stories either. Last one in that range was Barrie in the 3rd a decade ago in 2009.

Shattenkirk in the late 1st, Butcher in the 5th, and Cumiskey briefly with a 7th rounder were the only other D men in recent history to become NHLers.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Grewe would be a steal, but likely a late 1st round pick.

Hard-nosed RW that likes to shoot and tackle the dirty areas. Decent size 6' @ 180 lbs, not intimidated by physicality or skill. He would be perfect selection to add RW depth.

NHL Prospect Profile: Albin Grewe

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Nathan Légaré at eliteprospects.com

Ranked as a mid to late 2nd rounder. Only going on stats here but how does a guy who scores 45 goals get ranked so low?

A product of Checkovich, can't really create offense on his own and is reliant on others to get him the puck in scoring areas where he can use his shot, don't really see him as a good defensive player, is basically a complementary player on a stacked line/team.

Reactions: avsfan09

zzs06

Jul 11, 2017
So if we somehow end up with the 1st and the 4th pick who do you think we take? This is one of the only scenarios where I might actually take Kakko first. Kakko at 1 and then Turcotte at 4 would be incredible and our 2nd line is set for the foreseeable future. If we took Hughes at 1 then taking another center at 4 like Turcotte ir Cozens doesn’t make as much sense. Obviously if the choice at 4 is Byram than Hughes at 1 makes the most sense. So, I guess the question I’m asking is coming out of the draft would you rather have Hughes and Byram or Kakko and Turcotte ( or your top rated center)?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So if we somehow end up with the 1st and the 4th pick who do you think we take? This is one of the only scenarios where I might actually take Kakko first. Kakko at 1 and then Turcotte at 4 would be incredible and our 2nd line is set for the foreseeable future. If we took Hughes at 1 then taking another center at 4 like Turcotte ir Cozens doesn’t make as much sense. Obviously if the choice at 4 is Byram than Hughes at 1 makes the most sense. So, I guess the question I’m asking is coming out of the draft would you rather have Hughes and Byram or Kakko and Turcotte ( or your top rated center)?

Unless you think Kakko is the better prospect, you don't take him over Hughes because Turcotte may not go 3rd. In that hypothetical you take Hughes and then your highest rated out of Turcotte / Podkolzin / Cozens / Byram / Dach

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Im just hoping we dont get pick three. Top 2 are franchise guys. Dont think theres a consensus who we would pick at 3 and we wouldnt be able to piss and moan about getting screwed with best odds and worst pick. We need to be really happy or really pissed. No inbetween

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No doubt you get Hughes or Kakko and either Podkolzin, Turcotte, or Byram. It becomes really interesting if Avs select Kakko since he's a winger and if that's the case I would probably value Turcotte over Byram. If we get Hughes, I would probably put Byram over another forward.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
No doubt you get Hughes or Kakko and either Podkolzin, Turcotte, or Byram. It becomes really interesting if Avs select Kakko since he's a winger and if that's the case I would probably value Turcotte over Byram. If we get Hughes, I would probably put Byram over another forward.

With Cozens playing a bit of wing, I'd be really interested in pairing Hughes with Cozens, one of the better playmakers with a high end shooter?

Reactions: Brett44

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink

a good thing to help anxiety is to go to tankathon and sim the lottery, over and over and over again.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
With Cozens playing a bit of wing, I'd be really interested in pairing Hughes with Cozens, one of the better playmakers with a high end shooter?
I love me some Cozens, but I think it would be hard to say no top another 2/3 defender with the potential to be more after grabbing Hughes (even if I have Cozens over Byram). Likewise with Turcotte, he just has the impact to break a game a bit more than Cozens has. But don't get me wrong, I have had days where I drool over the thoughts of a 2nd line involving Hughes passing the puck to Kaliyev or another top calibre winger in this draft including potentially Cozens. I actually love the idea of a 2nd line pair involving Landeskog - Cozens as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad