Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part III

We've talked about Ottawa's pick enough, lets start to separate who we want at 11th? (as of 02/06)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I would even bet that some teams have Kakko #1. The Avs might even be one of those teams especially when you look at the success they had with another Fin (Rantanen) and another they had very high in his draft year (Barkov). People can argue he is having a better
year than those two. You can even include Laine in this discussion. Then add the fact that he is compared to Fosberg and it is not a stretch for some teams (including the Avs) to pick him first. But Yeah 3-10 will look a lot different from team to team.
I think many scouts have the same problem as many writers in our board do like
Pierce, Foppberg, Amusment Dork, cfg, henchman to name a few:sarcasm:
If you shout with top of your lungs and with guns blazing that Hughes will be 100% sure 1OA, slam dunk 1OA and so on for months and months or even years before the draft it's difficult to give up and say I was wrong until the "last minute" when they really have to choose the best player which is Kaapo Kakko.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think many scouts have the same problem as many writers in our board
Pierce, Foppberg, Amusment Dork, cfg, henchman to name a few...
If you shout with top of your lungs and with guns blazing that Hughes will be 100% sure 1OA, slam dunk 1OA and so on for months and months or even years it's difficult give up and say I was wrong until the "last minute" when they really have to choose the best player which is Kaapo Kakko.

Or Hughes is just that good... all major scouting services have him as the top player and just looks at Bob’s list to see what scouts think. People like to think they know more than the consensus and try to be different. It is human nature. Hughes controls the game better than any prospect since McDavid. Pretty evident to see when you watch him play. Kakko is a fantastic prospect and easily the #2 pick. He will be a top end NHL player, so it is nothing against him... Hughes is just a fantastic prospect.

Reactions: cgf and S E P H

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just out of curiosity, but how close is the Kakko Hughes race? I personally prefer Kakko, but I've seen very little of either player.

It's not close. Theres a sizable gap and Hughes will go 1st overall.

Basically exactly what Henchy just said. Kakko is an awesome prospect and will be a fantastic NHLer.... Hughes is simply better and when every single significant scouting department has it ranked the same way, and all 10 of Bobs scouts have it the same way... you can pretty much guarantee that theres a gap between the two and that it's not particularly small.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
30_knight,_spencer_2018-10-01.jpg
You have to wonder if this scouting staff would ever consider a goaltender in the first round, though. They seem more comfortable with late round Euros that provide a limited risk given their cost of pick. If they chose Knight and he didn’t pan out, they would never pick a goalie before the seventh round ever again.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
You definitely shouldn't show your face on the Panthers board either. You and Foppa Frosa are persona non grata.

lol, no way really? That's pretty funny. I don't think I've ever had any interactions with the posters over there. I just creep their boards.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
The best player available is going to be a forward

Not necessarily. Byram is a stud. Has a two-way game, and 26 goals so far this year. And another impressive stat is that he just broke a WHL record by scoring his 6th OT goal of the season, giving him the most OT goals ever in a season. He would be a great consolation prize to losing the lottery, IMO.

Just out of curiosity, but how close is the Kakko Hughes race? I personally prefer Kakko, but I've seen very little of either player.

I'm wondering how close it would be if Kakko had played center all year? There are some that are convinced that the team that gets him will have him play there eventually anyway.

Reactions: avsfan09

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Or Hughes is just that good... all major scouting services have him as the top player and just looks at Bob’s list to see what scouts think. People like to think they know more than the consensus and try to be different. It is human nature. Hughes controls the game better than any prospect since McDavid. Pretty evident to see when you watch him play. Kakko is a fantastic prospect and easily the #2 pick. He will be a top end NHL player, so it is nothing against him... Hughes is just a fantastic prospect.
Hughes is good no doubt but it's obvious you haven't watched Kakko play outside of the WJC. And that's not a knock on you. I don't know has any NA posters because it's difficult and because their comments lack knolledge.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Need secondary scoring a lot more than defence. The top players are all forwards. Some have Byram at 3-4 but I'm not totally sold.

I’d say we need both equally. I mean I’ve seen people say that Byram could be a similar player to Morgan Reilly in style and ceiling. If we could add someone like that to our D-core that’d be great and you could eventually move Barrie for a top 6 fwd like everyone wants to.

Now obviously Hughes/Kakko are of the utmost importance but I’d consider Byram over anyone other than those two and Cozens.

Reactions: S E P H

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hughes is good no doubt but it's obvious you haven't watched Kakko play outside of the WJC. And that's not a knock on you. I don't know has any NA posters because it's difficult and because their comments lack knolledge.

Considering I was Finland not long ago watching games, your claim is nonsense.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I mean feel free to find where I've said that :laugh: I've never pretended to be a scout.
I have already them, your and many others posts, saved. When Kakko goes 1OA I will release "Avs board scouts" thread. It's going to be very enertaining:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad