Prospect Info: The 2019 Draft Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
@Oilers in NS

I thought it'd be better to reply in this thread than the Bouchard one to keep it on topic in that one.

For the most part, if the Oilers hold their position, Kirby Dach (Saskatoon Blades), Dylan Cozens (Lethbridge Hurricanes) and Peyton Krebs (Kootenay Ice) seem to have been the most discussed for top ranked guys in the WHL. I'm not a fan of taking Cozens at 7 though. If Dach is still there, I'd snag him.

Why are you not a fan of taking Cozens at 7? IMO, he would be a perfect fit for our team. Hes a big, right handed center that has speed to burn and likes to shoot the puck.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Man whoever takes Zegras could be a huge winner or a massive loser.

He's such a boom/bust, high risk high reward guy. Kinda like Petterson back in 2017. If he pans out he's going to be a franchise face type of guy. If he doesn't...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That was filthy.

He’s good on the PP and PK. Seeing him against tough competition where PA are clearly targeting him finishing every hit and the way he’s rising to the occasion battling back is encouraging.

Maybe he’s got more compete than I’ve given him credit for.

6’4 right handed centres with that versatility and skill aren’t easy to come by.

That is promising, I'm a big fan of his skill set.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Why are you not a fan of taking Cozens at 7? IMO, he would be a perfect fit for our team. Hes a big, right handed center that has speed to burn and likes to shoot the puck.

I watched him play and just wasn't impressed for a guy who's supposed to go top 10. Obviously the amateur scouts get to see these guys on a broader display to formulate a better opinion than I ever could and is why they have him in the top 10. I won't be pissed off if they took him at 7 IF he's the BPA but if there are some-dare I say-"better" options at that spot, like Dach I'd prefer Dach be taken.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I watched him play and just wasn't impressed for a guy who's supposed to go top 10. Obviously the amateur scouts get to see these guys on a broader display to formulate a better opinion than I ever could and is why they have him in the top 10. I won't be pissed off if they took him at 7 IF he's the BPA but if there are some-dare I say-"better" options at that spot, like Dach I'd prefer Dach be taken.

Yeah but it's starting to look like Dach wont be available.

If the top 6 are:

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Turcotte
5. Dach
6. Podkolzin

Who are the better players available?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

If the top 6 are:

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Turcotte
5. Dach
6. Podkolzin

Some team is going to fall in love with Cozens.

He’s an excellent skater, plays hard every shift, and has a great shot. Add in high character, size, right shot centre or wing.

He’s not a cerebral playmaker like Dach, but he brings elements that Dach doesn’t. He’s a better skater and has a better shot.

If you’re looking for a complimentary piece for a guy like McDavid/Drai/Kane, then he’s a good option.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Some team is going to fall in love with Cozens.

He’s an excellent skater, plays hard every shift, and has a great shot. Add in high character, size, right shot centre or wing.

He’s not a cerebral playmaker like Dach, but he brings elements that Dach doesn’t. He’s a better skater and has a better shot.

If you’re looking for a complimentary piece for a guy like McDavid/Drai/Kane, then he’s a good option.

You dont have to sell me on cozens. I was replying to the other poster who said their were better options then cozens with the 7OA.

If we get him at 7, hes probably the BPA. I don't see the argument for Zegras or Krebs ahead of him.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What about trading down and getting Cole Caufield. Small but a deadly shooter. Kid can flat out skate.

Ensure the teams below us aren’t taking him and move down to 12-15 for a pick later in the draft and grab what might be the best pure goal scorer in the draft.

Supposed to be Debrincat 2.0

Helps to make up for the trading of a high 3rd for a number 8 D man. (Chiarelli you dumb sack of shit)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
What about trading down and getting Cole Caufield. Small but a deadly shooter. Kid can flat out skate.

Ensure the teams below us aren’t taking him and move down to 12-15 for a pick later in the draft and grab what might be the best pure goal scorer in the draft.

Supposed to be Debrincat 2.0
I don't think that will work. I have a feeling he'll go very early. Think 10-12.

I really like Caufield though.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
We are almost ensured one of Krebs/Dach. I went to each teams board and had a look at their favourite players. I made a mock draft based on that:

Avs: Hughes
Kings: Kakko
Devils: Turcotte
Wings: Byram
Sabres: Krebs (Surprising, but they are really high on him).
Rangers: Cozens/Zegras/Podkolzin
Oilers: Dach

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't think that will work. I have a feeling he'll go very early. Think 10-12.

I really like Caufield though.

I do as well. I wonder if we are not drafting in the top 3 (Hughes, Kakko, Byram) if we shouldn’t take him at 7-10 where we will be picking depending on the lotto balls Tuesday.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
We are almost ensured one of Krebs/Dach. I went to each teams board and had a look at their favourite players. I made a mock draft based on that:

I'd be happy with that...

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

If the fans are in charge of drafting this year's first round I won't complain.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Don't get jacked up about these highlight reels. JP was pulling all kinds of stuff in juniors. I'm not falling for this kind of stuff. Let's see him do it against Doughty or Burns.

Thats not the point. The point is that he is skilled and can skate, which a lot of people question. He's a great player. And he won't always be playing against Doughty or Burns. He'll play and take advantage of all the bottom pairing defensemen in the league.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

If the top 6 are:

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Turcotte
5. Dach
6. Podkolzin

Krebs for sure. You could make arguments for Zegras and Boldy too if you're looking at a forward.

Reactions: Llamamoto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad