Speculation: The 2019 Draft Thread 3 - Sabres pick 7th, 31st

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Interesting quote from Friedman's 31 Thoughts:
"Depending on how the draft goes, we could see some frenetic attempts to move up and down."
Wonder if Sabres have their hearts set on Turcotte and will try to get up to get him.
Draft is crapshoot, I don't think its worth giving up the assets to jump to 4 to take him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Why am I worried we are going to end up with a team of playmakers and no finishers?

Well we just signed a finisher for 8 years but people seem pretty mad about it so maybe that would be the dream

Reactions: Dingo44

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Olofsson, nylander, (tage) on the potential sniper list too.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Why am I worried we are going to end up with a team of playmakers and no finishers?
That's why I don't mind taking Caufield. He should project at a minimum a 30 goal scorer but skies the limit with him. Sure other areas are lacking but you are drafting him to score goals.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Olofsson, nylander, (tage) on the potential sniper list too.

Eichel himself has a nice shot and Reinhart is probs good for ~25.

Interesting that the best goal scorer and I believe the best Passer in the draft could both be there at 7.

Who would we take, Zegras or Caulfield? I'd take Zegras myself.

Mostly because I don't see goal scoring as a current major need.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
You got some splaining to do..

I mean, no more than having another amazing playmaker.

We have Skinner, Eichel, Olofsson most likely. Reinhart can pot some, Zegras isn't allergic to goals or anything and neither is Mittelstadt.

Nylander seems to have a decent to good shot if he works out, same with Thompson.

Obviously adding another sniper would be nice but so would another high end playmaker/passer. That's the style stuff though, the direct player comparison in question includes other factors (like size).

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I mean, no more than having another amazing playmaker.

We have Skinner, Eichel, Olofsson most likely. Reinhart can pot some, Zegras isn't allergic to goals or anything and neither is Mittelstadt.

Nylander seems to have a decent to good shot if he works out, same with Thompson.

Obviously adding another sniper would be nice but so would another high end playmaker/passer. That's the style stuff though, the direct player comparison in question includes other factors (like size).
This team has playmakers, the problem is the don't have anyone going into the high risk zones to bury chances. So many time last year on the rush guys would look to make the pass but no one was ever there except Skinner and Oloffson.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
True, if anythingove back 2-3 spots and can still get Broberg, Boldy or even Cozens.

What do you expect to get in return to move back in terms of value, especially for players that are around the same skill level. It’s not as if you are trading out of a tier.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Mark Edwards the owner/director/scout from HockeyProspect.com has a thread on the draft prospects forum. He says he's never seen the negativity from scouts towards a draft class that he's seen this year. He excludes the top guys.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad