Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Panthers

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
pXVITHf.jpg

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If it’s indeed best of 5 we better go balls to the wall to win game 1. Short series like this anything can happen.

Any word on if Cizikas is ready to go?
Islanders Hockey baby!!! Playoffs!!! Let’s f***ing go!!!!

Reactions: buud

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
With the confirmation of the first round being set, I figured we needed a thread.

Round robin is interesting. I wonder if teams take it serious or treat it as pre season and try to stay healthy for the next round?

I have a feeling old school coaches would say play it like it’s an elimination.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If it’s indeed best of 5 we better go balls to the wall to win game 1. Short series like this anything can happen.

Any word on if Cizikas is ready to go?
Islanders Hockey baby!!! Playoffs!!! Let’s f***ing go!!!!

Everyone but Pelech, who is an unknown, is ready to go.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Not going to predict anything at this point, too many variables to be set.

Bob is the wildcard. Even with Florida's putrid D, if he (Bob) gets hot, it will be tough to advance.

I do like NYI's depth; that can wear this kind of attacking team down.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Not going to predict anything at this point, too many variables to be set.

Bob is the wildcard. Even with Florida's putrid D, if he (Bob) gets hot, it will be tough to advance.

I do like NYI's depth; that can wear this kind of attacking team down.

I like the teams with the defensive structure the most here in the first round. Goaltending will be like it is in Oct/Nov, completely iffy since all these goalies will be shaking off rust.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Man am I happy that we're not facing either NYR or the Canes in Round 1 (even though it was clear that we'd not play the Canes).

The Panthers are normally quite doable.

But really, absolutely NO telling where these guys are going to be at with their legs and conditioning. There's going to be a lot of ugly hockey and likely a few unnecessary injuries as well.

In addition, the teams first starting in Round 2 are going to be at a HUGE disadvantage.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
If the islanders beat the panthers, do they raise a round robin winner banner?

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Everything is unknown. the top teams could come out bad ETC. this is like a new season. lets home we show up if and when this goes down

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Hockey in Vegas (heard they were the favorite for the West) in 115 degree heat? Interesting.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hockey in Vegas (heard they were the favorite for the West) in 115 degree heat? Interesting.

It's already over 100 degrees in June, so does it make that much of a difference? The temperature also drops dramatically at night so there's that I guess.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Vegas is prob a good spot. they would have the most hotel space for 8 teams plus staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad