Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Panthers

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Going with:

Pelech - Pulock
Leddy - Boychuk
Toews - Greene
Dobson - Mayfield

It's nice to have bodies.

Greene is #7 and Dobson is #8 assuming Pelech is good to. Greene as insurance is as good as it gets, his skillset matches Pelech's so we're good. Dobson as insurance at RD is a wild card, but the potential is there for him to get action if Trotz needs some more offensive punch. He was making things happen offensively before play was stopped, that wrap around attempt that Bailey potted on the rebound to tie the Carolina game was what the kid can do for us.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Greene is #7 and Dobson is #8 assuming Pelech is good to. Greene as insurance is as good as it gets, his skillset matches Pelech's so we're good. Dobson as insurance at RD is a wild card, but the potential is there for him to get action if Trotz needs some more offensive punch. He was making things happen offensively before play was stopped, that wrap around attempt that Bailey potted on the rebound to tie the Carolina game was what the kid can do for us.

As much of a warrior as he has been, Greene > Boychuk.

Pelech has the most experience working the RH side than Leddy or Greene or Toews does.

I wonder if they try something like
Greene Pulock
Leddy Pelech
Toews Mayfield

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
In a recent Athletic article, Trotz stated that he 'knows' he'll have three goalies. They have never relied on Gibson as playoff goalie depth.

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
As much of a warrior as he has been, Greene > Boychuk.

Pelech has the most experience working the RH side than Leddy or Greene or Toews does.

I wonder if they try something like
Greene Pulock
Leddy Pelech
Toews Mayfield

I agree that Greene is better than Boychuk but I think Boychuk has qualities such as toughness and leadership that we don’t have elsewhere in the lineup. We take Boychuk out and we lose a bit of our identity.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
In a recent Athletic article, Trotz stated that he 'knows' he'll have three goalies. They have never relied on Gibson as playoff goalie depth.
I'm assuming the league is allowing expanded rosters for the tournament. Probably everyone who is on an NHL contract is going to be on the roster, including Gibson.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm assuming the league is allowing expanded rosters for the tournament. Probably everyone who is on an NHL contract is going to be on the roster, including Gibson.

The rumored number is 28 players and as many goalies as teams want I think.

Reactions: MJF

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I really would strongly consider playing Oliver Wahlstrom on Nelson's line with Brassard on the left.

I think out of Komarov, Kuhnackl, Dal Colle, and Bellows - Wahlstrom looked the best even in a 9 game stint.

And it was plays like this last season -

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We've heard about a third of the Islanders remained on Long Island after the shut down, here's the group from the first informal practice.

Bailey, Cal Clutterbuck, Matt Martin, Thomas Greiss, Scott Mayfield, Devon Toews and Christopher Gibson. Staple mentioned Boychuk and Hickey both live on Long Island so I'd guess they'll join at some point soon. Maybe Greene will come and skate too, even if he's living in New Jersey. I think these skates are going to be really important for teams.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We've heard about a third of the Islanders remained on Long Island after the shut down, here's the group from the first informal practice.

Bailey, Cal Clutterbuck, Matt Martin, Thomas Greiss, Scott Mayfield, Devon Toews and Christopher Gibson. Staple mentioned Boychuk and Hickey both live on Long Island so I'd guess they'll join at some point soon. Maybe Greene will come and skate too, even if he's living in New Jersey. I think these skates are going to be really important for teams.
Greene better get going now while traffic on the Cross Bronx is still bearable :laugh:

Reactions: PWJunior

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thats what she said.

Your mother never said that.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->