Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Panthers

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He’s a kid still. I think most people saw the upside from day 1. His skating and work ethic were always there but he needed to gain some confidence offensively - adjust to the quality of defenders/learn that you don’t have nearly as much time to make a play at the NHL level as you do in Juniors(oh yeah, remember that? The kid skipped the AHL).

I still believe Tito’s future is on Barzal’s wing. Their speed seems to compliment one another well, and there is obviously some chemistry there. If that happens, forget him becoming a top-six player(he already is one, imo), he’ll be a legitimate 1st liner.

So glad we didn’t trade this kid last year or whenever those rumors came out. He’s exactly the type of player we should be building around.

Don't forget there were a bunch of people on the board ready to drive him to the airport at various points during his short career so far. He's at minimum going to be a middle six player that is reliable at both ends of the ice.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Beau is a guy I would bet on and try to lock up long term , he’s the kind of player that could outperform his contract. Trotz reluctance to play him with Barzal is the the only reason he hasn’t broken out yet.

Lee should be on a cycle line, not a rushing line

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Beau is a guy I would bet on and try to lock up long term , he’s the kind of player that could outperform his contract. Trotz reluctance to play him with Barzal is the the only reason he hasn’t broken out yet.

Lee should be on a cycle line, not a rushing line

Agree on Lee. But with Tavares gone, Isles don’t really have a heavy cycling line center. Unless they try something with Cizikas and Bailey.

Of course many here would fall into apoplexy about 7mil on the fourth line... regardless if that line is playing impactful minutes and producing above fourth line production.

As for Trotz not placing Beau with Barzal. That has had some impact no doubt. But did you (or anyone else) watch the post Ranger game interview with Beau and Andy Greene?

It really stood out how “bulked up” Beau looked. He definitely has started to gain his man-strength and size. I suspect this may have a lot to do with his play too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad