Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Lightning Round 3

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
In ‘93 I was young and dating a crazy chick with a great body and a magic v. We went to the Dale Hunter game. I think we would have beat Montreal if we had Pierre.

I think with the travel and time change, the team may be a little sluggish. So I think Varly starts. He’s rested, and got a little kick in the pants not playing game 7. Maybe a chip on his shoulder. Bit of a mind game with Barry. Well played...

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
In ‘93 I was young and dating a crazy chick with a great body and a magic v. We went to the Dale Hunter game. I think we would have beat Montreal if we had Pierre.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Big L

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thank god we can laugh about this now lol

I am rolling as a former Volleyball player myself. Hahahaha. Pageau is a savage.

My first ever College v-ball tourney, I six packed (hit in the face) a kid so hard that he got knocked out. He was actually wearing glasses and the frame gave him a big gash above the eye, the lenses slid across the entire gym. He had to go to the hospital to get stitches and he actually quit the team the next day according to his coach with whom I used to play beach v-ball against. It was pretty brutal.

I was known as the 'kid who killed that guy' for the entire year. The best part was all the seniors on my team bought me six packs of beer on the way home, I didn't even know about that. My roommate (who I only knew about a week) was shocked as shit as I rolled in with like 6 six packs into the room and I told him to go outside and get the other 8 or so. It was a pretty big score for a freshman and I gave one to all my dorm mates because we could only fit like 4 of them in our mini fridge.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I am rolling as a former Volleyball player myself. Hahahaha. Pageau is a savage.

My first ever College v-ball tourney, I six packed (hit in the face) a kid so hard that he got knocked out. He was actually wearing glasses and the frame gave him a big gash above the eye, the lenses slid across the entire gym. He had to go to the hospital to get stitches and he actually quit the team the next day according to his coach with whom I used to play beach v-ball against. It was pretty brutal.

I was known as the 'kid who killed that guy' for the entire year. The best part was all the seniors on my team bought me six packs of beer on the way home, I didn't even know about that. My roommate (who I only knew about a week) was shocked as shit as I rolled in with like 6 six packs into the room and I told him to go outside and get the other 8 or so. It was a pretty big score for a freshman and I gave one to all my dorm mates because we could only fit like 4 of them in our mini fridge.

That’s awesome! Always loved volleyball!

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I wont put anything past this team, but TBL is THE gold standard, the benchmark, the proving grounds. Are we a footnote?....or are we LEGENDARY?
The TBL are the gold standard for potential. They have yet to prove that they are the gold standard of anything else. Having said that, this version of TB is the best version of the Cooper/Stamkos/Hedman era and even Cooper will have a hard time screwing it up. We have the strong edge in coaching and intangibles, they have the edge in talent, even without Stamkos.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Thank god we can laugh about this now lol

too f***ing funny

wow. pinching myself. this is the benchmark i chose, to be a successful season. feels great.

if we play like the last game vs the Flyers, we can hang with them. really proud of these guys.

Isles in 7

Reactions: SI90

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Kind of weird fact... But if the Isles find a way to win against Tampa, they will have (in the two years with Lou and Trotz) successfully beaten every team that Snow, Capuano, Tavares lost against in the playoffs... and even the one team they beat.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
When did the Lightning travel to Edmonton?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't really see the Washington comparison. Lightning are younger and deeper. They've got way more depth than the Caps. I know it doesn't matter either way, but emotionally i'm going to prepare myself for this series not ending well, and hope that Trotz can pleasantly surprise me like he has every second of his coaching tenure.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It’s sort of weird how little animosity there was in this series with Philly. Hardly any fights, no dirty hits, no off ice material. I sort of feel it’ll be the same with Tampa. They aren’t really known as a dirty team

Reactions: buud

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It’s sort of weird how little animosity there was in this series with Philly. Hardly any fights, no dirty hits, no off ice material. I sort of feel it’ll be the same with Tampa. They aren’t really known as a dirty team

I think part of that was because the Flyers couldn't afford to take penalties being down in the series and with their PP going 0% in the series. We saw Hayes be a bit of a douche but otherwise there wasn't much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad