Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Lightning Round 3

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Completely ecstatic to be in the ECF, a testament to how hard this team works and what tremendous coaching we get. That being said, Tampa is the best team left in the tournament ON PAPER. What do we have to do to beat them?

-Bottle the intensity and tenacity of Game 7 and bring it every period of the series.
-SCORE ON THE POWERPLAY, EVEN OCCASIONALLY
-Minimize their PP time
-Play Physical
-Eliminate the brain farts that lead to goals
-Play the hot goalie - HINT: Rhymes with rice.

I wont put anything past this team, but TBL is THE gold standard, the benchmark, the proving grounds. Are we a footnote?....or are we LEGENDARY?

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Cooper changed up their system to tighten up the team D play this year. It’s going to be a tight series. Both teams are deep but TBL has more high end skill and hedman will be tough. McDonagh, Bogasian, Sergachev all quite formidable. I think if the isles play their game they can do it. Should be a good one!

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Not a fan of that Sunday Game. I work Next Sunday 8-4 so I will miss the first period.

First...Just record it and start late.

Also it's during NFL week 1 which is less than ideal.

Still...Not complaining.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If we drafted as well as the Lightning did from 2008 on...We'd be the Lightning (with a much better coach).

Let's be honest, they are a level or two above us in terms of talent and experience. There are where we want to be and so we should be underdogs. Doesn't mean we can't win, but nothing to be ashamed about if we don't.

All I ask for is what I ask for very single game...Just give 100% and let the chips fall where they may. In other words, just follow Beauvillier's lead.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I don’t like that TB was waiting and we have to travel to a different time zone for game 1, need solid D and withstand the first 10 min. I hope we go same lineup game 1!

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
First I want to say that for a guy that soiled his sheets to play in Toronto, Judas would have played more games in Toronto this year if he stayed with the Islanders, he would have had 13 games in Toronto instead he was smacking the meat puppet to Borje Salming videos.

Isles can win this series as Tampa is very similar to Washington only with a better goalie. Washington had skilled players Lee took care of one of them but they still had Ovie, Kuznetsov and Oshie. Carlson is as good or better than Hedman. And Tampa doesn't have a player like Tom Wilson who I think is one of the most undervalued assets in the game. Albeit, Washington head coach is kind of a moron and got fired, Cooper liked to drink pitchers of melonballs when I DJ'ed at Mchebes... so that is what he drank in his lacrosse days as a Dutchmen when we were Dutchmen. Trotz can outfox Cooper in a lot of ways, as he did 2 years ago with the Craps. Trotz outwitted a very good Vigneault who had 2 solid assistant coaches.

Like I said in earlier thread.... it is about what Eberle will do. I think he will be able to go outside/in against Tampa like he did against Florida and Washington, Philly didn't allow those kinds of lanes for him. He is the key to victory, besides good health, a bunch of Bible scripture readings, an injured Stamkos, a banged up Kucherov, and an error prone Shattenkirk.

Reactions: leeroggy and TMI

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I don’t like that TB was waiting and we have to travel to a different time zone. I hope we go same lineup game 1!

I actually think that is good for us, we have been in constant battles and they have been binge watching Ozark... last time we saw this Isles had a lot of time off and then we faced the Canes who may have suited up Jamason for all 4 games with Jameson in his system... (j/k), other thread, the Hawks I was referring to were the Atlanta Hawks...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This series is so simple for me...

1. If the Isles team that played last night shows up for the entire TB series then we can win it.
  2. That said the Lightning are not struggling to score, especially on the PP, so we cannot take any unnecessary penalties.

Good effort and smart play gives us a great chance. Without those 2 things...No chance.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This series is so simple for me...

1. If the Isles team that played last night shows up for the entire TB series then we can win it.
  2. That said the Lightning are not struggling to score, especially on the PP, so we cannot take any unnecessary penalties.

Good effort and smart play gives us a great chance. Without those 2 things...No chance.

I would agree, it is like playing Washington again

joekono

Apr 29, 2016
Roxbury,New Jersey
Gotta agree with the game 7 opinions here. If we play like we did(or even close) to what we did in game 7, we can pull this out. Tampa is talented but I gotta also say they have choked a lot with this cast of characters. Stay out of the box too. Ride Greiss until whenever. Sorry Judas, then plane to Edmonton left without you.
200w.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad