Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Lightning Round 3

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Yeah Trotz said he put Boychuck in because his energy on the bench is infectious. The fwds looked dead tired last night, it was a trade off that worked, but this is the part of coaching and understanding team make up that the playstation GM's and Coaches do not understand. Personalities have an effect on a team, as they do in any workplace. Thankfully Barry and Lou understand this, it keeps them one step ahead of the dumbass GM's and coaches around the NHL.

Boychuk has always made the team play more accountable when he is in the line up.

Reactions: isles309

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I really liked how simple Boychuk kept things. He didn't mess around with the puck. I feel like in the past 8 games or so we've been getting too cute and getting away from our game. We need to get the puck deep and make their defense go back and get it - no more of these easy transitions from the neutral zone for them. And getting the puck out of our own zone has been too much of an adventure. If Boychuk's simple game starts rubbing off on the other guys it could be a huge help.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm a month younger than Andy Greene.

I didn't get the best looking or skinny genes, but at least I got reprieve from premature white/silver hairs. It's a small victory that I will take.
I'm seven years older than Green and my beard has a fair amount of gray, but not nearly as much as Green's...and I've had mine longer in length as well so it's not a growth difference.

Still can't hold a candle to Ovechkin's gray!

Reactions: The Lighthouse

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Trying to stay optimistic. I just wanted a win Tuesday, I suppose I want another. If they play the same defensively and get those timely saves from Varly, whom I thought played his best game as an Islander, they can win. You just know, whether Point plays or not (hoping not) Tampa will be firing on all cylinders. NYI need to generate more offense though, 2 goals won't always be enough against a high scoring team. Start dumping and chasing, pushing the Tampa D into turnovers. Tampa is not allowing NYI to penetrate their blue, so chip, chase, and forecheck (especially on the PP).

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I’m in this weird limbo where I can’t wait to watch the game but I also don’t want it to start yet due to the ensuing anxiety
I kinda messed up last game by drinking like it was the last game of the season, and then they won. So, I guess what I am saying is, buckle up liver!

Reactions: PK Cronin

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
This is THE best beer I've ever had:

8805935644702.png

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
On Tuesday the wife made veal stew, and it was chilly out, so cracked a bottle of red. I guess it’ll be another bottle of red tonight.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
This is THE best beer I've ever had:

8805935644702.png

I love Boddingtons!!! Very easy to drink, at least for me.

I just ran out of my backstock and the two local distributor's near me apparently can't get it right now. Thinking about ordering some online, if need be.

My local pub doesn't have Boddington's either, but they do have Carlsberg, which is a solid substitute.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Leafs fans are ecstatic that we lost, and I find that hilarious. That was their Stanley Cup this year, but I’m not mad because how great was the hospitality in the Toronto bubble, eh?
I just learned on the Leafs board that they had a better playoff defensive performance than us....even though they didn't make the playoffs? Apparently we must be in a really "sticky" situation without our lucky of the Irish and goaltending that hasn't been seen in generations

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I just learned on the Leafs board that they had a better playoff defensive performance than us....even though they didn't make the playoffs? Apparently we must be in a really "sticky" situation without our lucky of the Irish and goaltending that hasn't been seen in generations

This is peak alternate reality. Can you blame them though? Got nothing else positive to discuss.

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
What a run! I haven't been on the edge of my seat, heart pounding for this team in decades. I'm disappointed, sure. But to go this far and make tampons earn the win, I'm proud of the guys. They showed heart. Now its Lou's turn, make some trades and take us a step further

Reactions: danteipp

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

Well the Leafs did have to face the offensive juggernaut that is the Columbus Blue Jackets, while the Islanders only had to face the Panthers (who despite their issues have some elite talent upfront), the Capitals (with one of the greatest goal scorers in history), the Flyers and the Lightning. If you listen to a Leafs fan, it sounds like the Lightning are lucky they can skate backwards.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Alright, this sucks. However, I’m happy with the season and the performance in the playoffs.

We’re relevant again and people hate it.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

I saw that when I visited to thank them for their hospitality. Crazy :scared:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad