Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Lightning Round 3

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I love Casey. That being said, our bottom 6 is going to be too expensive going forward.
I just posted in the draft thread, he may be one of the Isles best trade chips. Everyone loves Casey, but the ID line will probably be dismantled after the playoffs. I don't see Martin coming back. Cal only has a year left this upcoming season. There may never be a better time to get something for Cizikas.

Reactions: 19 in a row

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Realistically there are no players that can boost the line up right now with Cizikas out. But if the isles want to take a long shot start Dobson. Throwing him in now would be tough, and I have to think to throw in Boychuck now would be tough on him too. MDC, Knuckles, Johnston would all have the same effect. Dobson you may get a positive contribution. Getting something out of Eberle would be the biggest boost this series, he has one goal this series the first the Isles scored it seems a decade ago. Overall Need better execution by everyone. But part of me says Gamble on Dobson. Down 3-1, why not?
Real tough to come back from 3-1, even a star-studded team like Avs and a team with young talents like Canucks with unbelievable goaltending in the last 3 games can't accomplish that. The odd is not in Isles's favor. They need a miracle. I am only favoring to put Dobson in because he can experience what NHL playoff is like, may help his future game, at the same to give one of the D a break, preventing possible bad injuries, especially someone like Greene who is older and maybe resigned by Isles. It is a gamble, if Dobson plays well then he may help the team, if he does not, then it may just give him a taste of playoff and incentive on work on those things he needs to improve on before next season start. The only concern I have is that Dobson plays RD so ideally, he should replace someone plays in that position or he should play as a 7th D.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Logan Cokereill may potentially replace Casey down the road. Saw him in the WJC tournament and he impressed me with his hustle, skating & PK in a way that reminds me of Cizikas. He also has some offensive side and chemistry with Wahlstrom. Just size is a concern for him.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Can we do to Tampa what Philly did to us? Philly was clearly the lesser team and yet they found their way back into the series. LGI!

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
My gut was telling me that Tampa was going to take this series in five games from the start so I’m not exactly upset that the series has gone the way it has, I just Tampa is too much for us to handle and it wouldn’t surprise me if they went on to win it all. Having said that, I don’t see any reason why we can’t win at least one more game and make Tampa work a bit harder to finish us off. This team has a lot of heart and has been able to go toe to toe with Tampa multiple times in every game outside of the first one. Right now I would sign up for a hard fought six game series, at the very least our young guys would gain a ton of experience against a top team in the playoffs that will hopefully help them going forward.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Potential line up changes -

flip Nelson and Barzal -

Beau - Barzal - Bailey
Lee - Nelson - Eberle
Martin - Pageau - Clutterbuck
Johnston - Brassard - Komarov
Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Mayfield
Leddy - Boychuk
Varlamov

* Strong consideration goes to Dobson - I wonder if his skating ability and foot speed may be a welcomed addition, but In the end I can’t advocate for putting a 20 year old in a position he may not be ready for

*another strong consideration to reunite Beau with Barzal and Eberle.

Last edited:
Reactions: buud

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Keys to the game -

Start strong and aggressive
Set the tone early
SHOOT!
Big game from Maty
Stay out of the box
Score a PP goal
Johnston beats the piss out of Maroon

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Everyone is talking about the Dallas/Tampa final.... Isles fans are over here like
HighlevelCostlyBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong

flip Nelson and Barzal -

Beau - Barzal - Bailey
Lee - Nelson - Eberle
Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Mayfield
Leddy - Boychuk
Varlamov

* Strong consideration goes to Dobson - I wonder if his skating ability and foot speed may be a welcomed addition, but In the end I can’t advocate for putting a 20 year old in a position he may not be ready for

The prospect of Beau and Baral playing together is very enticing. They could reek a lot of havoc and perhaps having Eberle with them could get him going!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Can we do to Tampa what Philly did to us? Philly was clearly the lesser team and yet they found their way back into the series. LGI!

I was sort of okay with losing this series feeling we would have to play Vegas anyway. I think we would beat Dallas

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Dallas winning just means Tampa is going to be even hungrier to finish the series tomorrow, hope the Islanders have another level to match Tampa's intensity

Reactions: JoeM

BillD

Feb 12, 2004

flip Nelson and Barzal -

Beau - Barzal - Bailey
Lee - Nelson - Eberle
Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Mayfield
Leddy - Boychuk
Varlamov

I would not mind seeing Pags center Lee and Eberle with Barzal dropped to Martin/Clutterbuck.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
well i'm pretty tired
think Trotz goes 7 D. Gotta get Barzal loose and going. Tough sledding
Same here, it was a draining game. I think this is one that could have gone either way. Surviving the 4 mins PIM in OT was like being a cat with 9 lives. In Trotz we trust. Boychuck played about 12 mins tonight, his presence is always calming on the bench, I don't think he is probably in tip top condition since he was out for practically the entire playoffs. The other choices are MDC or RJ.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
They need to dump it in on the PP. It scares me that they coaches havent seen this yet

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Trotz was one game late, but he finally got the message.

:rolleyes:
Yeah Trotz said he put Boychuck in because his energy on the bench is infectious. The fwds looked dead tired last night, it was a trade off that worked, but this is the part of coaching and understanding team make up that the playstation GM's and Coaches do not understand. Personalities have an effect on a team, as they do in any workplace. Thankfully Barry and Lou understand this, it keeps them one step ahead of the dumbass GM's and coaches around the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad