The 2019-2020 Off season thread

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Or hope for Schuldt to cement himself in the top-4.

Gotta think Hague and Whitecloud will be higher in the pecking order given they have more pro experience. Unless Schuldt is ridiculously good in camp/preseason I'd think he's in Chicago to start.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Not really sure where to post this other than making a bad proposal on the trade board, but was wondering where things are at with Colin Miller? Last I heard things weren't going well and he was being scratched, but i thought he had a strong playoffs once he got back in.

Is he on the block? What would it take from Vancouver to acquire him?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not really sure where to post this other than making a bad proposal on the trade board, but was wondering where things are at with Colin Miller? Last I heard things weren't going well and he was being scratched, but i thought he had a strong playoffs once he got back in.

Not sure what you have, but I'd like to move him, but the price would need to be right, or D isn't the greatest, so it'd probably need to be Miller for D, depending on what's offered either side may add to make it work.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I think Miller could bring back a 1st in the 20-25 range. So from Vancouver I think my ask would be something like Schaller (he can replace Belle at 4C) and we swap 1sts.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

I think since lots of money will need to be shed, vgk would want picks or prospects.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
how ? Miller has fallen out of favour and gets a fresh start like Ceci. Clarkson and a 2nd for the relief is not a bad deal at all

Miller could be tried with Schmidt for us in our top 4 and your owner would give us a 2nd for Clarkson's 5.25M cap hit while only paying 250k.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Golden Knights reportedly looking to trade Colin Miller

"Multiple reports" have VGK looking for a new home for Miller. But no specifics (on reports, potential destinations).

Almost has to be him, they really need to clear out some slots and let the young guys have a shot. Knowing our new GM has always been around youth and development, I'm thinking maybe we are too focused on how GMGM would have thought about building this team with too much trust of veterans. If the future is more about keeping the pipeline moving, then maybe we see Glass as a certainty which means PEB is probably out, then one or two slots on D need to be open so Engo and Miller are gone. Make those three moves, maybe see if there is a market for Reaves and you have enough spots to get new guys in, open up spots in Chicago to get more prospects a shot and we've addressed all the problems. Won't necessarily make next year's team better, but realistically the team just needs to make the playoffs and then see how things shake out.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
McCrimmon won't be "doing" any of the signing, trading, etc., officially this offseason; it'll still be GMGM's "watch".

Guessing he'll have input.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Once Gusev gets a full camp in and is ''one of the gang'' where do you see him slotting into the lineup next season? Could he bump Patches off the 2nd line and play with Stone?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Once Gusev gets a full camp in and is ''one of the gang'' where do you see him slotting into the lineup next season? Could he bump Patches off the 2nd line and play with Stone?

Probably on the 3rd line with Tuch, and top PP unit. (unless Glass is 3C - I don't see Gallant trusting them together yet)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad