The 2019-2020 Off season thread

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't see any way they want to go with 8 D if its 3 rookies. Last thing you need to do is have rookies watching from the press box on a regular basis. I think 14 forwards is definitely the way to go this season.

Still go with 7D, five of those are already decided. They go with 14 forwards because otherwise someone would need to be waived. Two if Glass and Roy make the lineup.

McNabb- Schmidt
Theodore- Engelland
Merrill- Coghlan
Holden

If they waive Holden.

McNabb- Schmidt
Theodore- Coghlan
Merrill- Whitecloud
Engelland

Or

McNabb- Schmidt
Theodore- Coghlan
Schuldt
- Merrill/ Engelland
Engelland/ Merrill

Hague and Whitecloud/ Schuldt to the AHL as a top pairing defense to develop and could get NHL games this season. Bischoff is in the AHL in a middle pair for the season.

Holden shouldn't get NHL games. We have four or five rookies to develop and only one or two lineup for them depending on how the play Engelland, Holden is of little use unless there are a lot of injuries.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
As the offseason officially comes to and end, let's look back at all the awful 'insider' news about VGK getting 'screwed' by teams, cap hell, and giving away Patches or Stastny for free:

NextDiscreteHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
In my feeble mind, sending Hague down means we get to enjoy watching Holden every single game, and Shuldt will be the regular scratch. RIP hopes and dreams.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
If they wanted Holden to play every day, they would have brought in a veteran defenseman to be the 7th. Holden is the veteran defenseman you have as a number 7. It makes no sense to bring up a waiver eligible defenseman to sit as the number 7 all of the time. Holden will be number 7 most days and will probably spell Engelland on occasion since I would like to see him play at most 60 games to keep him fresher for the playoff grind.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If they wanted Holden to play every day, they would have brought in a veteran defenseman to be the 7th. Holden is the veteran defenseman you have as a number 7. It makes no sense to bring up a waiver eligible defenseman to sit as the number 7 all of the time. Holden will be number 7 most days and will probably spell Engelland on occasion since I would like to see him play at most 60 games to keep him fresher for the playoff grind.

I would very much like to see this, but I think the only reason Schuldt stayed up and Hague went down is waiver eligibility. I'd hate to think they'd let a kid with upside like Schuldt's sit and rot in the press box, but sins like this have been committed before.

It'll be interesting to see who gets the nod tonight.

I think Engo still has NHL hockey in him, and at his age, it would be good to get him an extra day off on occasion.

PS just waiving Holden would solve so much.No one would claim him, he'd take his fine skills to Chicago and help them win a Calder. I get why they don't want to put Schuldt on waivers, because he's gone if they do.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Schuldt does not have to go through waivers either. But waiving Holden just means that one of the rookies is now in the press box instead of playing. We want them to play either here or in Chicago.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Schuldt does not have to go through waivers either. But waiving Holden just means that one of the rookies is now in the press box instead of playing. We want them to play either here or in Chicago.
But if we don't waive Holden we'll still have a rookie in the press box. For some reason.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Bottom line is Nick Holden is not a key to the success of this team. How much energy is wasted by frustrated fans because of his presence on the team just shows how loaded the team is.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Bottom line is Nick Holden is not a key to the success of this team. How much energy is wasted by frustrated fans because of his presence on the team just shows how loaded the team is.

He lost game 1 almost by himself in the playoffs. If you have a weak cog, it can seriously derail even great teams.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'll have to say, Holden had a great night for Holden last night, which equates to an invisible night for real NHL players.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad