The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part VI

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We need the Senators to finish as low as possible to get the highest possible picks in each round of the draft. SJ’s position in the standings only gives us a higher first round pick, not a higher pick in later rounds. If I had to choose between which team finishes lower my preference is the Senators, but I am still hoping the Sens and SJ finish in positions 30 and 29.

Oh of course, but worrying on two teams for the next month gonna drive us crazy. We need to control what we can and that's Ottawa's position first and foremost. Finishing 2nd is still awesome and gives us a chance to still pick in the top 5 worst case. Although we really need a top 4, imo but oh well.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Oh of course, but worrying on two teams for the next month gonna drive us crazy. We need to control what we can and that's Ottawa's position first and foremost. Finishing 2nd is still awesome and gives us a chance to still pick in the top 5 worst case. Although we really need a top 4, imo but oh well.

we really need first line talent. That is usually the first pick or two in the draft. I am hoping for the best but expecting the known probabilities of the drafting positions of the Senators and SJ picks.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Damnit Thanks a lot Pens and Leafs.

Ok change of plan : go Devils, Sabres, Hawks, Habs

Really hoping that the Sharks pick doesn't go over 5th/6th last. Not bad, teams ahead had a bit of a cushion but still, that has to stop!

It's not just top-4. If we get 5th I think there's a strong possibility a team in front of us go with Drysdale so we still get one of the big 4 forwards.

Top-5 is insane : Lafreniere, Stutzle, Byfield, Raymond, Drysdale

Not too far behind : Rossi, Lundell, Holtz, Perfetti

One pick in each group and I'm doing back flips. Two picks in the 1st group and I'm doing front flips.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hopefully LAK and ANA start winning again and OTT and SJ start losing more. It’s a very tight race to the bottom excluding DET’s outstanding performance.

Reactions: Sensators

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Nah.

Just keep it simple. Bottom 5 teams at the end of the regular season go in a lotto for the top 3 picks. Equal odds for all 5 teams. If you win first overall, you can't get the first pick the following year (so if your balls win first, you switch with whoever is #2). The worst teams still all pick in the top 5, and you don't have one team hog all the top picks.

I would actually take it one step further:

-Bottom 3 teams all have the same odds.

- Teams finishing in the 24-28 have the second best odds.

- all the remaining teams that miss the playoffs have equal, but lower odds at winning.

- Team's can only win a top 3 spot once every 3 years, and never the same spot again (i.e a team can draft 1st, 2nd and 3rd only once each in those 3 years).

So even though the higher team's that finished have lower odds, they can still move up based on whether or not the winning team has already drafted in that spot the previous year.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
The Sens lose, which is what? good or bad.... I will put that in the good column...seeing the nature of this thread.
SJ wins....Not good.....bloody Leafs cannot do anything right...we are angry because the Leafs LOST....
Montreal beats NYI...so Very Good...We are happy because the Habs WON.
The Ducks who stole the 07 cup from us lose...Not Good

so:

Sens lose = Good
Leafs Lose = Not Good
Habs win = Good
Ducks lose = Not Good

Has anyone felt the cold at his feet? I am guessing, it is starting to freeze solid down there.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The Sens lose, which is what? good or bad.... I will put that in the good column...seeing the nature of this thread.
SJ wins....Not good.....bloody Leafs cannot do anything right...we are angry because the Leafs LOST....
Montreal beats NYI...so Very Good...We are happy because the Habs WON.
The Ducks who stole the 07 cup from us lose...Not Good

so:

Sens lose = Good
Leafs Lose = Not Good
Habs win = Good
Ducks lose = Not Good

Has anyone felt the cold at his feet? I am guessing, it is starting to freeze solid down there.

Do not worry my friend, this will all be forgotten when we all bear witness as Dorion hands Lafreniere a retro Senators jersey in June.

Reactions: DJB

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Do not worry my friend, this will all be forgotten when we all bear witness as Dorion hands Lafreniere a retro Senators jersey in June.

tenor.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
we really need first line talent. That is usually the first pick or two in the draft. I am hoping for the best but expecting the known probabilities of the drafting positions of the Senators and SJ picks.

I think there are 4 first line ability players: Laf, By, Stutz, Ray, Holtz

Lundell, Rossi, Perf are top 6 but lower chance of top line.

But the whole top 20 is amazing, you have guys who have top line ability but much higher risk like Jarvis, Gunler, Amirov, Quinn, Zary, Mysak, Bourque

Drysdale has number 1 potential.

One pick in each group and I'm doing back flips. Two picks in the 1st group and I'm doing front flips.

My mentality too.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Damnit Thanks a lot Pens and Leafs.

Ok change of plan : go Devils, Sabres, Hawks, Habs

Really hoping that the Sharks pick doesn't go over 5th/6th last. Not bad, teams ahead had a bit of a cushion but still, that has to stop!

It's not just top-4. If we get 5th I think there's a strong possibility a team in front of us go with Drysdale so we still get one of the big 4 forwards.

If the Senators draft Lafreniere plus one of Stuzle, Byfield, Raymond and Drysdale, I will do a quadruple axel:

In my dreams! :)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
but we own CLB' 2ND this year.

And with all the players they lost recently, if there’s one Eastern team from above us that I wouldn’t mind winning the lottery (if we don’t of course) it’s them.

The best scenario would obviously be Ottawa twice and a western team, followed by Ottawa and 2 western teams, etc. I think a decent scenario if we don’t win would be Columbus and 2 Western teams in the top-3.

And seriously, they had so many injuries this year it’s crazy. Reminiscent of some Sens season in the past, many key injuries, you play like it’s the playoffs most out of the season and then you end up running out of gas

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
If the Senators draft Lafreniere plus one of Stuzle, Byfield, Raymond and Drysdale, I will do a quadruple axel:

In my dreams! :)

NO NO..you have just issued your own version of FYOUS.

Come June and if it happens, please name the arena, date and time.

Reactions: Cosmix

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Can’t drive ya crazy if you’re already crazy! Ima stop taking my meds

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad