The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part VI

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
5-0 Sharks, what an embarrassing loss for the Penguins.

Well, it is bittersweet as I do enjoy watching the Pens get slaughtered once in a while.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
LA has a very heavy home schedule remaining and a decent home record. We've got a heavy road schedule and a crappy road record.

If the home and away percentages hold for both teams, they"ll catch us.

We're pacing to pick up 13 more points

They are pacing to pick up almost 17 more points

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
LA has a very heavy home schedule remaining and a decent home record. We've got a heavy road schedule and a crappy road record.

If the home and away percentages hold for both teams, they"ll catch us.

We're pacing to pick up 13 more points

They are pacing to pick up almost 17 more points

Tankathon added a remaining strength of schedule page a little while back, we have the 6th toughest SOS, while LA is middle of the road at 16th by whatever metric they are using.

Also of note, Detroit has the toughest schedule, NJD is 4th, SJ is 11th, and Anaheim is 18th

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
New Jersey, Chicago and Buffalo are realistically not passable at this point, so it's down to Ottawa and the California teams for that coveted "2 seed".

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Tankathon added a remaining strength of schedule page a little while back, we have the 6th toughest SOS, while LA is middle of the road at 16th by whatever metric they are using.

Also of note, Detroit has the toughest schedule, NJD is 4th, SJ is 11th, and Anaheim is 18th

Idk what factors in to that schedule ranking

I just looked at home and away records and the W/L records

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Idk what factors in to that schedule ranking

I just looked at home and away records and the W/L records

Yeah, they don't go into it, but it looks more like an opposition based thing as opposed to a home vs road thing. Just adds more fuel to your point though, LA should have an easier path to wins than us, whether looking at home/road or looking at specific opponents remaining.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Gonna stop looking at the standings for the next week or so. See you guys soon. Tank on broskis !!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Devils 6-2-2 in their last 10 . Have to like that.

Sharks have to get back in the tank

Kings 2 pts behind us.. 30th still in reach. Bench Connor Brown

Reactions: h2

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I wish Gary Bettman would get on HF boards and see all of this. Between Ottawa and the other 10 teams, he should be embarrassed by the talk that goes on.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I wish Gary Bettman would get on HF boards and see all of this. Between Ottawa and the other 10 teams, he should be embarrassed by the talk that goes on.

What do you suggest? Abolish the lottery and give the 1st overall pick to the Stanley cup champions?

By implementing a salary cap, the NHL has evolved into an entirely different league where building a team through trades and free agency has basically become impossible.

I remember the days when trading a 1st round pick meant almost nothing to some teams, but now they hold a tremendous amount of value unless you are team that thinks making the finals is a very strong possibility.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
What do you suggest? Abolish the lottery and give the 1st overall pick to the Stanley cup champions?

By implementing a salary cap, the NHL has evolved into an entirely different league where building a team through trades and free agency has basically become impossible.

I remember the days when trading a 1st round pick meant almost nothing to some teams, but now they hold a tremendous amount of value unless you are team that thinks making the finals is a very strong possibility.

No Debator...Have you any idea of the insanity of us in Ottawa and the other 10 cities, hoping for, wishing for, our team to lose and other teams to win. And then rejoicing when it happens. We have a solid 10-12 guys on here, who chastise fans for not being loyal, or supportive, etc. I would love to see how many of them, are cheering for a loss!!!!

What was once our shame is our joy?

What do people at the Arena do? Cheer when the other team scores and boo when the Sens score. Do they whistle at the ref's when he calls a penalty on the visitors and cheer when he penalizes the Sens.

We need a better method. A means by which tanking is not encouraged. In fact penalized. You can probably propose a 1/2 dozens systems. All would have some merit. We need to encourage teams to bust their hump and not tank.

My God..It would like me being happy me kid is doing poorly in school..Now I won't have to pay for university !!!! F'ng great.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
No Debator...Have you any idea of the insanity of us in Ottawa and the other 10 cities, hoping for, wishing for, our team to lose and other teams to win. And then rejoicing when it happens. We have a solid 10-12 guys on here, who chastise fans for not being loyal, or supportive, etc. I would love to see how many of them, are cheering for a loss!!!!

What do people at the Arena do? Cheer when the other team scores and boo when the Sens score. Do they whistle at the ref's when he calls a penalty on the visitors and cheer when he penalizes the Sens.

We need a better method. A means by which tanking is not encouraged. In fact penalized. You can probably propose a 1/2 dozens systems. All would have some merit. We need to encourage teams to bust their hump and not tank.

My God..It would like me being happy me kid is doing poorly in school..Now I won't have to pay for university !!!! F'ng great.
The cheering for losses is looking at the bigger picture.

No one wants to do this for the lifetime of their fandom.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not sure how you can jump to that parallel.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The whole tank thing is great for the league. It makes it so that teams out of the playoffs have a reason to care and tune in. It's almost like a playoff run in itself.

Cheering them on to lose is the most exciting hockey and reason to watch that we've had in 3 years.

Look at last year for a comparison with no pick in tow. It was miserable for Senators fans and they really had no intriguing reason to watch.

Some don't like to cheer on losses, but I look at it from the perspective that I'm cheering for the betterment of the franchise, which just happens to put losing ahead of winning in importance. I still see it as ultimately cheering FOR the Senators.

The importance placed on wins during these down years is just fools gold and will mean nothing in the end but to hurt the draft pick imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->