The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread -Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Complaining about two shorties on one power play??

BT tunes up Subban, Hog on fire, and Boro with a 4 minute missed call? f*** NJ that game.

Naw, sometimes you just have to enjoy it and hope for the worst another time.

Reactions: NyQuil

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Good opportunity to go 0-3 for the rest of the week but I’m sure we’ll have an upcoming UFA’s score some clutch goals for some reason.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Complaining about two shorties on one power play??

BT tunes up Subban, Hog on fire, and Boro with a 4 minute missed call? **** NJ that game.

Naw, sometimes you just have to enjoy it and hope for the worst another time.

But I hear some variation of this every time we win. These loser points are ruining the tank.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Sucking bad enough to get a high draft pick but also showing promise is a fine art and we're painting a Picasso this year.

A lot of our loser points come form heroic plays by guys not likely to be around.... it would be different if Batherson or Brady lead the charge back but its often Ennis, Brown, Names types ...

It took me 8 spins this morning to get a pick in the top 5 :( I don’t even want to look at those odds .

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You guys have to think about loser points in a different way.

Haven’t we lost every shootout this year?

A lot of those loser points could have been wins.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
A lot of our loser points come form heroic plays by guys not likely to be around.... it would be different if Batherson or Brady lead the charge back but its often Ennis, Brown, Names types ...

It took me 8 spins this morning to get a pick in the top 5 :( I don’t even want to look at those odds .
Yea it’s looking grim right now

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sucking bad enough to get a high draft pick but also showing promise is a fine art and we're painting a Picasso this year.
Shortening the bench and playing players that have no future in the organization to get loser points in a tank season is showing promise? I dunno. Not what im looking for, I am interested in winning a cup not finishing 5th last for no reason. Time to start making some trades and play Craig Anderson. If the teams gonna be terrible and they certainly are, dont be the 6th most terrible team or you end up like Arizona.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You are not highlighting anything to anyone. You have not said anything I don't already know. Your critiques are not revolutionary new ideas.

Just cycling back on this with you....first off please drop the condescending and rude tone

Imo you've done somewhat of a drive by stat review, looked at a few stats and made an assertion based on them. You've cobbled together stats A, D, G, X and Y kind of thing and said zaitsev is the worst at these, show me anyone else that is the worst at these. You can't, therefore he's the worst.

Your analysis would need to run much deeper to statistically prove your hypothesis, if it is at all provable with stats which it likely isn't

You'd want to look at score effects
Shooting percentages
Shooting percentages with score effects
Home and away
Deployment in home and away

You referenced Zaitsev dragging guys down. You'd want to look in to situations where stats are down or up in general and Zaitsev's presence or absence in those situations. Is he more or less present in stat elevating situations ? More or less present in stat depressing situations? Relevant to his team mates

You mentioned QoC. More valuable would be QoT. How those Ts do at zone tìme relative to their teammates and how ofen those Ts are matched with Z and how often not and how that impacts the results

You also said if we have better stats guys than other teams we'll have better estimations which is a competitive advantage. That's not true at all. What is true is if we can determine what data is reliably more relevant and we have access to that data we have a competitive advantage. There's a difference in those two statements

This is a rabbit hole that there really isn't enough data to go down.

To be clear i told you the other day i wasn't interested in the Zaitsev discussion and I'm not. I'm not saying you are right or wrong. I am highlighting a few things you'd need to dive further into to "prove" your point

Speaking of your point, Zaitsev got us a point last night which is not good for the tank. The play he made on the PK to get underneath the NJ stick to prevent a goal resulted in a shortie about 7 seconds later. He was thrilled on the bench as were his teammates that recognized the goal saving play. I wonder how that play shows up in advanced stats? Goal prevention / 60.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Just cycling back on this with you....first off please drop the condescending and rude tone

Imo you've done somewhat of a drive by stat review, looked at a few stats and made an assertion based on them. You've cobbled together stats A, D, G, X and Y kind of thing and said zaitsev is the worst at these, show me anyone else that is the worst at these. You can't, therefore he's the worst.

Your analysis would need to run much deeper to statistically prove your hypothesis, if it is at all provable with stats which it likely isn't

You'd want to look at score effects
Shooting percentages
Shooting percentages with score effects
Home and away
Deployment in home and away

You referenced Zaitsev dragging guys down. You'd want to look in to situations where stats are down or up in general and Zaitsev's presence or absence in those situations. Is he more or less present in stat elevating situations ? More or less present in stat depressing situations? Relevant to his team mates

You mentioned QoC. More valuable would be QoT. How those Ts do at zone tìme relative to their teammates and how ofen those Ts are matched with Z and how often not and how that impacts the results

You also said if we have better stats guys than other teams we'll have better estimations which is a competitive advantage. That's not true at all. What is true is if we can determine what data is reliably more relevant and we have access to that data we have a competitive advantage. There's a difference in those two statements

This is a rabbit hole that there really isn't enough data to go down.

To be clear i told you the other day i wasn't interested in the Zaitsev discussion and I'm not. I'm not saying you are right or wrong. I am highlighting a few things you'd need to dive further into to "prove" your point

Speaking of your point, Zaitsev got us a point last night which is not good for the tank. The play he made on the PK to get underneath the NJ stick to prevent a goal resulted in a shortie about 7 seconds later. He was thrilled on the bench as were his teammates that recognized the goal saving play. I wonder how that play shows up in advanced stats? Goal prevention / 60.

This has been a good discussion.
I hope you have a great day.

Last edited:
Reactions: BatherSeason

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Shortening the bench and playing players that have no future in the organization to get loser points in a tank season is showing promise? I dunno. Not what im looking for, I am interested in winning a cup not finishing 5th last for no reason. Time to start making some trades and play Craig Anderson. If the teams gonna be terrible and they certainly are, dont be the 6th most terrible team or you end up like Arizona.
This is exactly it, Dorion needs to get back from his 2 week Euro trip and start moving bodies.

Reactions: h2 and Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
do we do it at the expense of Belleville?

If Ryan and Paul come back any time soon they can actually trade all the UFA's (Pageau, Ennis, Namestinikov, Hainsey, Demelo, Boro, Anderson) and Tierney. Ideally they take a couple warm bodies back for cap purposes and filling the roster. Does anyone have a time line on Pauls injury?

For the remainder of the season run with this, will assure a bottom 4 position. Then at the end of the season send down Balcers Chlapik and Beaudin.

Ottawa

Tkachuk White Duclair
Balcers Anisimov Brown
Paul Chlapik Ryan
Boedker Beaudin Sabourin

Chabot Zaitsev
Wolanin Englund
Rielly Goloubef

Nilson
Hogberg

Belleville

Formenton Norris Batherson
Klimchuk Brown Abramov
Labate Szwarz Carcone
Veronneau Kelly Davidsson
Aspirot Clapperton

Lajoie Brannstrom
Murray Jaros
Doughertey Corrado
Percy

Daccord
Gustavsson

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
do we do it at the expense of Belleville?
What do you mean? If you meant that players will be called up, then yes, at the expense of Belleville. But really, just make sure you get a warm body back in the trade, anybody really, then you don't need to call up as many players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad