The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread -Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So i guess we are just going to sign middle of the road vets to teach the young players how to be pros? Vets who are not good enough to be in demand for playoff teams? The league's left overs?

Or maybe the plan is too let Brady, White, and Chabot mentor the youngins?

I think the good young ones can teach some of the old ones a thing or two about effort, energy and competitiveness.

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
Nice losses today by the Sens and SJ

now holding 3 and 4

Hopefully Anaheim can hold on to their lead and beat Edmonton

Reactions: Cosmix

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think the good young ones can teach some of the old ones a thing or two about effort, energy and competitiveness.

That's not how it works. Young guys all have energy to burn but if they don't have experienced vets to show them how to fight through adversity, apathy can set in incredibly fast. Oilers, Devils and Sabres a good example of that.

Reactions: PlayersLtd

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I've seen this play by Anaheim before. They're going to go into the 3rd with a 2 goal lead, then lose the game 5-3

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Edmonton wanted a point to go catch the islanders.. now you can lay down edmonton please.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That's not how it works. Young guys all have energy to burn but if they don't have experienced vets to show them how to fight through adversity, apathy can set in incredibly fast. Oilers, Devils and Sabres a good example of that.

“Some” includes guys like Boedker, Oduya, etc.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Ducks win!
Sonny Milano would've been a nice reclamation project. Could've been had for a Namestnikov or Ennis probably.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
LvNyZWk.png

#WINNING

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ducks win!
Sonny Milano would've been a nice reclamation project. Could've been had for a Namestnikov or Ennis probably.

Doubt it.

Shore is a bottom 6 role player, much like Namestnikov, but he's still only 25 and a RFA so has more value than both Namestnikov and Ennis. Both Namestnikov and Shore put up about 30 points a season.

Now obviously this year was a bit different for Namestnikov, he had a bigger role here than he would have on any other team which resulted in higher output. The season he played with Kuch as well.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sens made some real good tank moves at the deadline

also Blackwood and Gibson are playing well

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
So, are we hoping for Pageau to have success next year with the Isles so the 1st from NYI is better for Ottawa this year?

If yes, last night was perfect.

Sens loss
Sharks loss
Ducks win
Devils win
Isles loss

Lovely! Only thing that would have put it over the top would have been a Leafs loss. Still though, I'm not complaining about the perfect tank night.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So, are we hoping for Pageau to have success next year with the Isles so the 1st from NYI is better for Ottawa this year?

Sens loss
Sharks loss
Ducks win
Devils win
Isles loss

Lovely! Only thing that would have put it over the top would have been a Leafs loss. Still though, I'm not complaining about the perfect tank night.
yup we need islanders to lose this year

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If we could stop getting so many loser points that would be great. We’re tied for 2nd in the league in loser points and would be below LA in the standings if we had the same amount of loser points they do.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
yep.. but not win any of the top 3 picks in the lottery... would be nice if they did a slump and got to 10th last or so
I want the sens, sharks and isles to win the lottery this year, and then the isles to win the lottery next season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's not happening. Hopefully the pick is around 20th.

Oddly, slipping to 15th is about as likely as 20th. If everybody else stays on the same pace save a team that bumps them out, and NYI finish with 95 pts, they end up drafting 14th-15th (to account for rounding a tie breakers). If they finish with 96 pts and maintain the wc spot because of tie breakers, they draft 18-19th. One pt is all it takes to slide a lot of spots because as it stands, 4 teams in the west will make the playoffs with 92 to 96 pts, while in the east, the cutoff is 98 pts

Ideal world (for us) is they miss the playoffs with NY or Clb bumping them out, but they've got about a 4 to 5 pts pace to make up.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Sens loss
Sharks loss
Ducks win
Devils win
Isles loss

What do you mean by that? The pick only defers to next year if the Isles win the lottery this year...which is not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad