The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread -Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Ottawa, Anaheim, New Jersey, LA, and SJ were all active over the past 2 weeks making themselves worse. Who improved their tank ability the most?
1 Ottawa
2 NJ
3 Anaheim
4 SJ
5 LA

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So i guess we are just going to sign middle of the road vets to teach the young players how to be pros? Vets who are not good enough to be in demand for playoff teams? The league's left overs?

Or maybe the plan is too let Brady, White, and Chabot mentor the youngins?

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So i guess we are just going to sign middle of the road vets to teach the young players how to be pros? Vets who are not good enough to be in demand for playoff teams? The league's left overs?

Dorion is going full HF board "picks and prospects will lead the way" style.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

These prospects have been taught how to play since the moment they could walk by trainers and former players melnyk only dreams he could pay. They will be fine they dont need pageau to teach them how to be a pro

Reactions: milkbag

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We lose Karlsson, we lose Stone, we lose Duchene but we can't lose Pageau for some reason. He is the most replaceable of all of them. Don't get me wrong but .. that was a return Dorion could not say no to. Its a better return than we got for Stone ... a much better player

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
We lose Karlsson, we lose Stone, we lose Duchene but we can't lose Pageau for some reason. He is the most replaceable of all of them. Don't get me wrong but .. that was a return Dorion could not say no to. Its a better return than we got for Stone ... a much better player
It's close but no. Brannstrom was worth more than a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Sweatred

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

I am fine if they all decide to play like Brady, but having more skill does not make you a better example of how to be professional
They have seemed to pick guys based on worth ethic and attitude the last few years anyway I seriously doubt Pageau would tilt the scale enough to justify him chewing up 5 million for the next six years, every guy on the team better then him would demand more money than he gets and once he goes back to 14 goals and 30+ points that is a problem.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I won't get a lot of agreement with this, but Hoffman was also a bigger loss than Pageau imo. He was our one pure goal scorer up front.

After losing so many other big time players and the whole thing getting nuked, I fail to muster any emotion for Pageau.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Evanc23

Nov 20, 2018
Sharks down 3-1 with a couple of minutes left in the second. Looking like a loss for them

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I am fine if they all decide to play like Brady, but having more skill does not make you a better example of how to be professional
They have seemed to pick guys based on worth ethic and attitude the last few years anyway I seriously doubt Pageau would tilt the scale enough to justify him chewing up 5 million for the next six years, every guy on the team better then him would demand more money than he gets and once he goes back to 14 goals and 30+ points that is a problem.
It's not about Pageau though. In general, when you look at Edmonton, they had a bunch of high draft picks and for years didn't have anyone on the team who stabilized the structure of the environment. When we drafted Karlsson, Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, etc, we had Phillips, Spezza, Alfie, Neil etc to to guide them. Right now we have Boro. There is no way the rest of our vets are re-signed with the exception of Boro. As bad a Detroit is they have many vets in the locker room. Helm, Abdelkadar, Filppula, Ericsson, and Howard are either lifers or played most of their careers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad