The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread -Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I feel pretty good about having two top 7 picks before lottery at this point.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Devils played Schneider who has sucked for years now, sat their hot goalie for this one.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Terrible night for the tank. This is gonna be a roller coaster to the end.

We've been within striking distance of the Kings and then screw it up each time.

Reactions: Cosmix

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We aren’t catching the kings lol
We've been so close. It's not over yet for us, although it's unlikely they catch San Jose.

Before the win last night, they were only 2 points back, with a game in hand and the tiebreaker.

All they had to do was win their game in hand and they would have bumped us down. They have more wins than the Senators with the same goal differential, so beyond loser points, they are arguably the better team.

If we can lose our head to head match with the Kings, that would obviously be huge.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Something has gone seriously wrong if we are rebuilding for 10 years.

I can't speak for others, but I'm fine being crappy for three years as long as we are acquiring elite talent at the top of the draft.

Analytic,

I wrote a page long response. Then deleted it. No need to engage in a debate that has no value. As with all issues regarding this team, there is a clock and an end zone. I love Eugene for this. He put a clock on himself...and an end zone.

His FYOUS in 2021 is beautiful. We can all sit and wait. I will give him credit and say the 2021/2022 season and his "Unparalleled success", I will go with the minimum of say a round or two of playoff success from 2021/22-25/26 inclusive. Peaking at say; a conference final at some point in that run.

Lets pick this up in December of 2021..We should have a good feel for where things stand. Then we can judge yearly thereafter.

My feeling at this moment is, No. this is not achievable and the fyous is most likely starting 23/24. And that assumes that we don't have relapses and other catastrophes.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I want more than Holtz and Perf.... that would be disappointing.

Yea, in a draft like this, we really need to capitalize and get the highest picks possible.

Getting 2 top 5 picks can make us come out of our rebuild by next year, while 2 top 10 picks means we might even need another tank season. We need superstar talent, imo that's found in the top 4 of this draft.

DJ smith playing Chabot 27 mins needs to stop.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Honestly I'm happy with 6 and 7 if we f*** it up beyond that then I'm gonna be disappointed as a fan.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yea, in a draft like this, we really need to capitalize and get the highest picks possible.

Getting 2 top 5 picks can make us come out of our rebuild by next year, while 2 top 10 picks means we might even need another tank season. We need superstar talent, imo that's found in the top 4 of this draft.

DJ smith playing Chabot 27 mins needs to stop.

It will energize the fan base too which is needed desperately. We missed the playoffs the first years of Diagle/Yashin but their was so much optimism.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Honestly I'm happy with 6 and 7 if we f*** it up beyond that then I'm gonna be disappointed as a fan.

Walking away with Lundell and Holtz the first 2 picks is still excellent, imo.

But we really, really need a top 3 pick to really escalate this rebuild. Laferniere is the dream. Him and Chabot would do wonders to gain the attraction of young French Canadian fans to root for the Sens. He'd put us back on the map as early as next season and in the year after that we can contend for a playoff spot.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I would honestly be disappointed in that result but understand it's a high possibility.

Given everything the fans have gone through the past few seasons a little luck would be welcomed.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I would honestly be disappointed in that result but understand it's a high possibility.

Given everything the fans have gone through the past few seasons a little luck would be welcomed.

If at the beginning of the season you were asked a hypothetical question to choose between pick # 3 (Sens) and 27 (Sharks)

Or

Picks #6 (Sens) and #7 (Sharks)

What would you have picked? I only suggest the 3rd overall because we have finished 2nd last and last two years in a row and have only landed the 4th overall, so 1-2 were probably a longshot at the beginning of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad