The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Zaitsev potentially being out long term helps the tank. He's played well considering the task of shutting down the opposing teams top players each night

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Zaitsev potentially being out long term helps the tank. He's played well considering the task of shutting down the opposing teams top players each night
It is confirmed he gonna be out

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Gonna be hard to out-tank the Wings, but I think we have it in us.

No chance. Unfortunately for the tank we just don’t suck.

We lack skill and polish to finish our chances consistently, and we don’t have the skill for an effective PP yet, but we work to hard to suck worse than the truly bad teams.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Gonna be hard to out-tank the Wings, but I think we have it in us.

It's actually really close:
overallPick-1-2019-12-06.png

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
San Jose lose , Canucks win, Dallas winning,... San Jose back to looking like they could miss

Oh they are beyond definitely looking like they could miss

I remember a few years back i looked at the impact of goal differential on making the playoffs. I dont recall the exact stats but it was something like over a 12 year span a positive differential was a 95% indicator of making the playoffs and a negative differential was a 95% indicator of not. SJ is negative 19 right now...nowhere close.... and we are getting beyond small sample size...i remember the 5% outliers being within 3 to 5 of goals of going from positive to negative or vice versa.

I was pretty surprised at how clear an indicator it was.

And the team with games in hand and a positive differential is Nashville

Reactions: Tuna99

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I remember a few years back i looked at the impact of goal differential on making the playoffs. I dont recall the exact stats but it was something like over a 12 year span a positive differential was a 95% indicator of making the playoffs and a negative differential was a 95% indicator of not. SJ is negative 19 right now...nowhere close.... and we are getting beyond small sample size...i remember the 5% outliers being within 3 to 5 of goals of going from positive to negative or vice versa.

It should not surprise you all that much really. It is a pretty simple formula in sports; score more than the other team scores on you and, you will win the game. Win enough games= playoffs. Allow more goals than your opponents and you lose games; lose enough games= no playoffs.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

The pythagorean!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Of course San Jose is going to miss.

They had a win streak playing some of the worst teams in the league at home for like the whole month. Big f***ing whoop.

Reactions: Tuna99

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Dorion isn't going to backdoor luck his way into another lotto pick. SJ has a good chance of making the dance. And even if they don't, the odds of them winning a lotto slot is slim.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It should not surprise you all that much really. It is a pretty simple formula in sports; score more than the other team scores on you and, you will win the game. Win enough games= playoffs. Allow more goals than your opponents and you lose games; lose enough games= no playoffs.

What surprised me was just how reliable that indicator was

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
Dorion isn't going to backdoor luck his way into another lotto pick. SJ has a good chance of making the dance. And even if they don't, the odds of them winning a lotto slot is slim.
Regardless a pick in the teens is alot nicer then a pick in the 20s. If they scrape in and lose and we get the 18 that is almost ten spots higher then thier pick last year and in a better draft

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Regardless a pick in the teens is alot nicer then a pick in the 20s. If they scrape in and lose and we get the 18 that is almost ten spots higher then thier pick last year and in a better draft

SJ has won I don’t know how many OT games, and scored in the last minutes to get these games to OT. That’s a classic indicator of an EK team, never in control of the game but never out of it.

SJ just loses so ugly sometimes they can’t make the playoffs. I think their game is what it is. And they’ll be on the bubble all season.

Burns is only playing 20 minutes a night, but since he his minutes have been reduced and EK is he ice time leader the team has been winning. So maybe Burns is injured or he’s better at his game only playing 20 minutes? All that being said is they have elite skill, just poor depth and goaltending. I don’t see them as a team that can sustain an injury to any of their key players

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
PickTeamRecordPtsPPGROWStreakL10Top 3#1 Ovr
up
sj.png

San Jose
OTT
ott.png
15-14-2321.03213Lost 35-4-116.0%5.0%
up
ott.png

Ottawa
12-17-1250.83312Lost 14-6-028.8%9.5%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This Detroit is so bad they may never win again

Yeah... I actually don't think we can out-suck the Wings this year. We're going to have to bribe the Draft Lottery gods if we want the 1st overall pick, because Detroit aren't going to do us any favours in the standings.

That team is just objectively terrible.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Detroit may wind up with the worst record this century. They are unquestionably the worst team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad