The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tkachuk is a one of a kind player, he might never put up "elite" offensive numbers but what he brings is much more valuable to a contending team than points. Once this team becomes more competitive and hopefully one day a playoff contender, a guy like Tkachuk will be invaluable.

If there is a God, we'll see Brady in a seven game series against the Leafs one day in the very near future. That would be absolutely glorious...

Reactions: tardigrade81

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Devils fire their coach. This is great news for the tank. Hopefully it shoots them up the standings.

Usually new coaches provide a shot in the arm. But in this case John Hynes was absolute trash. Like worse than Boucher bad.

To have that much talent and unable to score is clearly coaching. I understand goaltending is a different issue so hopefully this helps improve them for sure

Reactions: Sun God Nika

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
When most of us realized Karlsson was on his last year here it sure seemed to have affected the teams play that year. I wonder if all the rumours around Hall are affecting the Devils play as much as their coaching

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
When most of us realized Karlsson was on his last year here it sure seemed to have affected the teams play that year. I wonder if all the rumours around Hall are affecting the Devils play as much as their coaching

100%

Hall wants to win so bad he’ll be willing to throw tens of millions away on his next contract to play for a legit contender.

Regardless, dumping Hynes will breath new life into the entire team, with or without Taylor going forward.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
2FA8ADD5-6E62-4166-B932-1A49225E17E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Sharks are only 1 point ahead of the Wild and Habs both of whom have a game in hand.

And for those that will come in and say "The Sharks will never finish at the bottom!" I am not say that they will. There is a chance that they will miss the playoffs and if they do it becomes a lotto pick.

Reactions: aragorn

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm sure the Devils will get a bit of a bump from the new coach, but that will (eventually) be off-set by guys being shipped off (i.e Taylor Hall).

Feels like this team is firmly entrenched as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th worst team in the league (thanks a lot Detroit).

Reactions: Variable26

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Sharks are only 1 point ahead of the Wild and Habs both of whom have a game in hand.

And for those that will come in and say "The Sharks will never finish at the bottom!" I am not say that they will. There is a chance that they will miss the playoffs and if they do it becomes a lotto pick.

Sharks have also had the 2nd easiest schedule so far.

NHL Strength of Schedule Rankings

Reactions: SanderSen

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Looks like Pacific Division in general has the easiest schedule to start the season so they will all need to show they can play against tougher competition and keep their positions.

History shows that being out of the playoffs at this point does not bode well for being at the dance when the season finishes - of course anything can happen but the dream is still alive for 2 lottery picks.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
We are currently on pace to equal Tampa's 97/98 record for worst powerplay percentage in a season. Sitting at 9% right now..

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I hope McDavid rips this team a new one tonight and destroys the D's confidence for the rest of the year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I hope McDavid rips this team a new one tonight and destroys the D's confidence for the rest of the year.

You know i want to get the #1 pick as much as the rest of you, but what i don't want is to destroy the confidence of all our young players in the process.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens have won 1 less game than the Leafs with a game in hand :huh: We have Connor Brown, Tyler Ennis, Ron Hainsey and Nikita Zaitsev... vs Matthews Marner Tavares Nylander Reilly Barrie

Lost 5 won 1... If we can keep that up in 6 game segments we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad