The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
It's.....not 2016 anymore.

I get that some of you folks are itching to make sure we're reminded of Benning's incompetence and the failures of the past, but it's the past. Things are looking up now, even if far from perfect. Let's just move on.
I’ve never hated on Benning and I don’t think he is as unintelligent as some people say. But some one posted on here that he is like Forest Gump and I like the idea. He basically lucked into rebuilding with two Amazing players after trying to push for the playoffs. But I just don’t understand at this stage why some fans don’t want to sit back and enjoy the show. I will not be mad if Benning Forest Gumps his way to meeting the President. And gets a number retired in doing so. And I give him full credit for the moves he has made this year

Reactions: dps

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I don’t know who we match up best against in the playoffs, I just hope Green doesn’t crap the bed in a series, and he is smart enough to change on the fly, last thing we need is an AV in 2012 or a WD situation.

Haveing said that peak McDavid will beat any team IMO

Reactions: mossey3535

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t know who we match up best against in the playoffs, I just hope Green doesn’t crap the bed in a series, and he is smart enough to change on the fly, last thing we need is an AV in 2012 or a WD situation.

Edmonton is easily beatable and probably our best match up.

Reactions: I am toxic

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

That’s a no from me again.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
1-Kpc0-Nqsjt-QEWn-SKl-UWx1yg-1.jpg

Playoffs?!?!!?!?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

If the regular season is any indication, he'll most likely match up Horvat and Beagle against the opponent's top 2 lines. I think Horvat could probably do a decent job against top centers... I just have no faith in our 4th line to take on secondary offensive lines. Or Green to recognize that and go to Pettersson instead.

For the record, I think I'd rather face EDM than VGK if I had to choose. McDrai is scary as a 1-2 punch but as a team I think we stand a better chance overall of beating them in a 7 game series. Vegas? Not so much.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
If the regular season is any indication, he'll most likely match up Horvat and Beagle against the opponent's top 2 lines. I think Horvat could probably do a decent job against top centers... I just have no faith in our 4th line to take on secondary offensive lines. Or Green to recognize that and go to Pettersson instead.

For the record, I think I'd rather face EDM than VGK if I had to choose. McDrai is scary as a 1-2 punch but as a team I think we stand a better chance overall of beating them in a 7 game series. Vegas? Not so much.
Yes, it’s what will Green do when what normally does doesn’t work that is yet to be seen. After WD and his 1234 I don’t need those flashbacks.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I have to wonder what route Edm goes with for the Markstrom-Is-Injured parade. 101 St would theoretically cause a giant traffic problem.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Pacific division (excluding California teams) ranked from best to worst opponents for the Canucks in a Playoff series:

1) Arizona
-----------
2) Calgary
3) Edmonton
--------------
4) Vegas

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Ok cool
But you telling me that Toronto spent the day on math and acquiring a 5th round pick instead of adding pieces to compete or trading Barrier away?

What a wasted season and terrible trade

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Pacific division (excluding California teams) ranked from best to worst opponents for the Canucks in a Playoff series:

1) Arizona
-----------
2) Calgary
3) Edmonton
--------------
4) Vegas

we could also get the blues if we end up in a wildcard spot. i actually think we stack up slightly better with the blues than vegas just due to vegas having owned us so often.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so did the kings think schaller might get taken?

or did they paper him down for the reign playoffs.

or did they really have no roster room for the guy even to get a game.

inquiring minds.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
so did the kings think schaller might get taken?

or did they paper him down for the reign playoffs.

or did they really have no roster room for the guy even to get a game.

inquiring minds.
They played Schaller in two games already.

It doesn't seem like anything complicated is going on. They just didn't want him on their NHL roster.

They did make a deadline paper transaction to make Petersen AHL eligible. Schaller on the other hand is just a straight demotion with no recall.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Kyle Dubas isn’t very good. I think he needed more experience

He was hand picked and hyped up cause Shanahan pumped his tires as the next genius.

He’s like some fantasy GM, get the best players up front hoping your rest of the team does it job

Leafs have a terrible defense and depth forwards. Jason Spezza isn’t Spezza from the late 2000’s.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

It doesn't seem like anything complicated is going on. They just didn't want him on their NHL roster.

They did make a deadline paper transaction to make Petersen AHL eligible. Schaller on the other hand is just a straight demotion with no recall.

interesting. he still shows on the big team roster on cap friendly. they also only have 22 players.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
interesting. he still shows on the big team roster on cap friendly. they also only have 22 players.

in fact, if you subtract vilardi and peterson (who the ahl site also shows as sent down but still show on the cap friendly kings roster), the main roster has only 1 goalie and 20 players.

i think at least two of those three got papered.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

So you tell me that it only took them 2 games to figure out something that Green has not figure out yet???

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
It’s a cool trade
But consider what just happened a few days ago and how weak they look compare to their first round opponent AND the Kadri trade looking worse and worse, it s a punch to the gut for their fans

hey they got calle rosen back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad