The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
WPG just lost to BUF. One surprise long shot down, 3 to go.

All we need now is CGY to lose to DET, EDM to lose to LAK, and VGK to lose to ANA
I actually don't mind if Vegas keeps winning. Ideally both Vegas and Vancouver finish #1 and 2 in the division. I don't care who actually wins the division because both would have home ice in round 1 and wouldn't face each other. Imagine if Vancouver wins the division and Vegas wins some/loses some only to finish in the top wild card spot and face us. Nah. Both teams continuing to win while everyone else loses is ideal for me.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I actually don't mind if Vegas keeps winning. Ideally both Vegas and Vancouver finish #1 and 2 in the division. I don't care who actually wins the division because both would have home ice in round 1 and wouldn't face each other. Imagine if Vancouver wins the division and Vegas wins some/loses some only to finish in the top wild card spot and face us. Nah. Both teams continuing to win while everyone else loses is ideal for me.
I would rather face Vegas than McDrai

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Sadly, this is the most hockey thing ever

The fluke on ice.

Why is the Miracle on ice so hyped but the Summit series isn't?
Summit series is much more impressive/intense. Best vs Best.

Also, if you guys haven't, watch the Red Army documentary it's so good.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers up 1-0 but LA is playing them hard. Hopefully the injury bug keeps spreading for them

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
The fluke on ice.

Because the USA doesn't have many great hockey moments to look back on. Canada has several tournaments and series to reminisce about. Basically a college team beat a KHL team that slept on their opponents. Not likely to happen, but it isn't a complete shocker either.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Because the USA doesn't have many great hockey moments to look back on. Canada has several tournaments and series to reminisce about. Basically a college team beat a KHL team that slept on their opponents. Not likely to happen, but it isn't a complete shocker either.
Russian coach was a schmuck that put in an inexperienced backup goalie sometime during the game.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Uh what? Vegas will annihilate us, I think we take Edmonton in a 7 game series.
IDK, I think Edmonton is completely beatable.
But with Draisaitl and McDavid, they could just pop off.

I don't think that Oilers team is good, at all. But those two can win 4 games. Won't win 16 games, but they can win 4.
The players they have around Draisaitl and McDavid are so ass it's not even funny. They would be so good with actual run support.

If they got a good defender for Hall, kept Eberle or Strome, picked Barzal instead of trading for Reinhart. Then that team would be in so much better position that they are now.

They traded Eberle for Strome for Spooner.
Strome has 55 points in 61 games for the Rags this year.
How do you f*** up that badly.

Last edited:

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
The fluke on ice.

you should watch the Russian 5 as well, so good

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The other option is to do nothing with your players and letting them go to free agency while you don't make the playoffs.

oh wait
It's.....not 2016 anymore.

I get that some of you folks are itching to make sure we're reminded of Benning's incompetence and the failures of the past, but it's the past. Things are looking up now, even if far from perfect. Let's just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad