The 2018 Panthers off-season thread- Part II

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I remember hearing Tallon mentioned he likes having "line pairs" with the third guy being a moveable part. I think he mentioned Dadonov-Barkov and Huby-Trocheck as examples, where they should stay on a line and move other pieces around throughout the year to see what fits

And Bjugstad scored his most Points with Dadonov or Huberdeau, i think everything belongs to Hoffmann and who he finds chemisty with.
If Hoffmann can score more cause he can use the excellent passes from Dadonov and Barkov or the rush Game with Trocheck is the better option. And Trocheck and Huberdeau score a few Goals in Situation where they make more selfish play, special Trocheck.
So i could see Hoffmann ending on Barkov Line, look on the Hoffmann highlights, how often he scored with the puck landing on his Stick and scored.

Reactions: BeezKnees

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
And Bjugstad scored his most Points with Dadonov or Huberdeau, i think everything belongs to Hoffmann and who he finds chemisty with.
If Hoffmann can score more cause he can use the excellent passes from Dadonov and Barkov or the rush Game with Trocheck is the better option. And Trocheck and Huberdeau score a few Goals in Situation where they make more selfish play, special Trocheck.
So i could see Hoffmann ending on Barkov Line, look on the Hoffmann highlights, how often he scored with the puck landing on his Stick and scored.

I agree. I'd like to see Hoffman try RW on the top line for us. Or maybe stay at LW and let Dadonov move back to being RW.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if hoffman can play rw, and i dont see why not, he scores most of his goals on one-timers and shouldnt be a rough transition, then go out and get pacioretty:

Pacioretty-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Hoffman

with Borgstrom centering line 3? with Yandle, Ekblad, and Matheson on the backend? all while retaining Tippett and Denisenko? its about time this team became legit. get it done.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Why do most here want to trade assets for Pacioretty when it is a possible one year rental?

Bjugstad had 49 points last year and Pac had 37 in a shortened season (64 games). He's been averaging in the 60 point range for a few years. So it would be around a 15-20 point improvement at best. For a possible one year rental. If re-signed he would cost a lot more than Bjugstad too.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Why do most here want to trade assets for Pacioretty when it is a possible one year rental?

Bjugstad had 49 points last year and Pac had 37 in a shortened season (64 games). He's been averaging in the 60 point range for a few years. So it would be around a 15-20 point improvement at best. For a possible one year rental. If re-signed he would cost a lot more than Bjugstad too.

Pacioretty is 10x better than Bjugstad and he was playing with garbage linemates.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Grow a pair Tallon and deal Bjugstad, picks, etc for Pac. Team's chances at a Cup THIS year go way up. And if we sign him then our window doesn't get hurt.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Hoffman - Trocheck - Pacioretty
Vatrano - Borgström - Sceviour
Mamin - McCann - Malgin

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Disagree x10
10 times is an exageretion, but Patch is better than Bjug. If we are getting Patch as a rental, imo it's because we are gunning for the Cup and imo it's better to send McGinn + Mack + pick than Bjug.
Getting Patch for McGinn is a much better improvement of the roster than Patch for Bjug.
Patch-Barkov-Dadonov
Hoffman-Tro-Malgin
Huberdeau-Borg-Bjug
Mamin-McCann-Vatrano/Ssceviour

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Because he lives in Florida, wants to play here, if we have a good year (we have to) then it'll be no problem, and it's worth the risk if you believe we've seen the best from Bjugstad already.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Because he lives in Florida, wants to play here, if we have a good year (we have to) then it'll be no problem, and it's worth the risk if you believe we've seen the best from Bjugstad already.

Not saying I wouldn't say him in FL, just don't want to sell off players for a possible 1 year rental.

Sign and trade? Depends on term as he either is 30 or will be this season. Will he want 7 years?

A lot of questions that need answers first.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
10 times is an exageretion, but Patch is better than Bjug. If we are getting Patch as a rental, imo it's because we are gunning for the Cup and imo it's better to send McGinn + Mack + pick than Bjug.
Getting Patch for McGinn is a much better improvement of the roster than Patch for Bjug.
Patch-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Tro-Malgin
Vatrano-Borg-Bjug
Mamin-McCann-Sceviour
Haley

I know its Bergevin but Montreal runs.

Pacioretty's next contract will be rough in 3 years I'd rather not.

Reactions: PSLguy

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Patch-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Tro-Malgin
Vatrano-Borg-Bjug
Mamin-McCann-Sceviour
Haley

I mean he’s better than Bjugs at every facet of the game.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Yes an Argument that count in here, its only the Contract Situation and the Points. What speaks for him 5 Season with over 35 Goals, so what know is to guess or to think about, was last Season only a single bad Season or the first sign of Pacioretty are already over the Mountain. Next Question if we trade for him is how long want he the next extension.
The next Question then is how much does he want if he re-signs, i mean its speaks for him that he scored from 6 Season 4 Season over 30 Goals.
Only that you all understand James Neal get 5,750 Million and has a few Goals and Point less then Pacioretty, so Pacioretty could ask for 6 Million or more.

A Point that speaks against your Argument, even Bjugstad sayed it in the Interview, Barkov and Dadonov make it pretty easy for him to score and get more Points. For that look about the other/older Discussion about Bjugstad when or how he scored. The Problem for Bjugstad no one knows how much Points he could get or how much more can he bring in. The last 4 Season, with two middle time Injuries doesnt help to see, what is the Max. Also that in no Season he scored more then 25 Goals doesnt help him.

So current i would say, it would be easier if the Panthers already know what Pacioretty aims in his next extension. And how much you can get out of him in the next 3.5 Years.
But if its able to make the Deal i would make it. Not i dont like Bjugstad, more the fact with Pacioretty there is a more sure or secure chance to add another 60 Points Player.

For those who say only 15 Points more. 15 Points means at least 5-9 more Goals, that means for me 2.4 more wins and that means 4-8 Points more and in the End as we saw this Season every Point count.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Will Pacioretty and 3 other guys (Trocheck, Hoffman, Dadonov) all score 30+ goals though? Honest question. Are we going to average 4 goals a game?

I'm on the train to wait for him in free agency if he really wants to come here. Trade the 2019 1st + Pysyk/Petrovic + 2nd/prospect for a RD upgrade.
I believe our offense is strong enough as is to compete.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Patch-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Tro-Malgin
Vatrano-Borg-Bjug
Mamin-McCann-Sceviour
Haley
hoffman*

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Time to pump the brakes on the hype train. LOL
well those are actual statistics. now if you think that after this season hes on the downturn then thats a different story but i dont see anything to assume that. hes not THAT old, hes 29 going on 30, hes play with plekanecs forever, imagine barkov? and dadonov as well (very very under rated distributer/passer)? i dont see him having any issue hitting 30+ goals consistently.

Reactions: BeezKnees

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
well those are actual statistics. now if you think that after this season hes on the downturn then thats a different story but i dont see anything to assume that. hes not THAT old, hes 29 going on 30, hes play with plekanecs forever, imagine barkov? and dadonov as well (very very under rated distributer/passer)? i dont see him having any issue hitting 30+ goals consistently.
I meant the brakes for Big Nick.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Pacioretty is also one of the best defensive wingers in the game. It would be a massive upgrade on Bjugstad.

If we do get Pacioretty, I hope we don't call him Patches (shudders). I really hate that nickname.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Does it make sense to give up assets for Patches when we should only keep him for a year?

Tallon never struck me as a rental type GM and his trades tend to get someone for pennies on the dollar. Patches at market value can't be that intriguing to Tallon.

Reactions: PSLguy

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Pacioretty is also one of the best defensive wingers in the game. It would be a massive upgrade on Bjugstad.

If we do get Pacioretty, I hope we don't call him Patches (shudders). I really hate that nickname.

But...But

if-you-can-dodge-a-wrench-gif.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad