The 2018 Panthers off-season thread- Part II

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Hey there,

i was bored so i was surfing around and ended in the german Version of the NHL Page. What i found there was an Barkov Interview, maybe connected to the upcoming season and World Tour.
There was some nice Answers to find there. But the most interisting word that catched me was.

He was asked about leading Role on the Team and does he must do or think about for some personal changing?
The Answer was like. He will be always a Leader on the Ice, when he get his IceTime. That´s his Game and the Way to do it, to demonstrate and lead by action. He thought about maybe, he could be better by saying something or screaming in the Locker Room, if its needed. But current that is not his natural been and acting. Maybe later in his Carrer, he will be better at this Point but not current.

Does this mean that Barkov more or less said he would pass to be the Captain on the Team. When you heard Boughner and Tallon talking about McK, then they always praise him to be the locker Room Leader and works every shift. But when the Locker Position is a big Factor, then Barkov will not be the Captain.
Maybe a A for his Leadership on the Ice, but definetly not C on Jersey. So will Trocheck get the C then?

As a captain you need guys that are very vocal in the locker room. I think prime options are Trocheck (my choice), Ekblad and Matheson

Sparkman112

Jul 22, 2013
Pembroke pines
Dont take it personal Eddie.

But Olli Jokinen was a true captain, and for some time, sole reason to watch the Panthers. Eddie was decent for 6 months. If there is one person in that photo that deserves a C on the chest its Olli.

Criminally taken for granted around even here.

Third best player in team history.

I agree with you. If Olli didn't have a C it would bother me too, but he clearly does.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I was thinking forwards but didnt exactly say it.

Bure
Barkov
Jokinen

Some may argue Barky ahead at this point, but his defensive game makes up for the one 90 point season by Olli IMO.

If we include all skaters, no goalies.... I got

Barkov, Bure, Soupy.

Come at me.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Im here with a Question i have in my Head for a few Days now, maybe i oversaw it already.

Will teh Panthers have a Special Jersey for the World Tour, there two Games in Finnland?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad