The 2018 Panthers off-season thread- Part II

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
First preseason games are the double header on the 17th so maybe around the week of the 10th?

-ghoste

This is what happens when your team has zero beat writers. I mean I love all the fans covering the team and posting news on twitter etc but someone like George Richards is really missed

I haven't seen a single peep about our training camp anywhere like we use to

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This is what happens when your team has zero beat writers. I mean I love all the fans covering the team and posting news on twitter etc but someone like George Richards is really missed

Yep. Been looking for it for a bit now. Heck, rookie camp should at least get a mention, that starts even before training camp. We're almost on top of it. But yeah, get tired of looking for info on this stuff every year, and can't find any until it's almost time to start.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

The athletic has already hired someone to cover the Panthers beat. He should be announced soon.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yep. Been looking for it for a bit now. Heck, rookie camp should at least get a mention, that starts even before training camp. We're almost on top of it. But yeah, get tired of looking for info on this stuff every year, and can't find any until it's almost time to start.

They aren't doing the rookie tournament this year.

-ghoste

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
They still hopeing Bjugstad turn out to be a Top six Player, wooow. Its really hard to believe, hard hard to guess what they see in him, what other don´t see.

From i like Big Center And Nick will be one of them, to he will be a great Winger after all the Time, still believe that he is a top six Player. A Player who scored on 5 inches away from the Net a few single movements. When this makes anyone in this League top 6 Player, there are much more Top 6 Player in the League that we already have.

What they fear from the Prospect Tournament?? It was always a goof first indicator who looks ready who looks better then the rest. And the Fans loved the Prospect Tournament. Or did they believe Prospect who already played Prospect Camp have not the energy to play the same NHL Level. Sorry i get a bit confused from this developing in this Area.

Btw i hope the missing Prospect Camp and Tournament has nothing to do with it, that the current Roster of the Springfiels are 18 Players and it looks that a few from the NHL must fill the holes in the AHL Roster, but i only guess.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They still hopeing Bjugstad turn out to be a Top six Player, wooow. Its really hard to believe, hard hard to guess what they see in him, what other don´t see.
Sigh. Frankly, I’m getting tired of this tone about Bjugstad here from quite a few posters.

I’m not talking about having a negative opinion about Nick. I get that we have different opinions.

I’m getting tired of the underlying assumption that “of course Nick sucks”.... if he does well it’s “accidental” and that’s the time to “hurry up and trade him” cause he’s only gonna get worse.

That isn’t supported by data. What is supported is that Nick got better and better throughout last season, and that he was coming from two seasons ravaged by injuries. Back, migraines, hand, concussion.

The odds are actually that Nick will become better than his contract - sort of what many thought after his first year.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Sigh. Frankly, I’m getting tired of this tone about Bjugstad here from quite a few posters.

I’m not talking about having a negative opinion about Nick. I get that we have different opinions.

I’m getting tired of the underlying assumption that “of course Nick sucks”.... if he does well it’s “accidental” and that’s the time to “hurry up and trade him” cause he’s only gonna get worse.

That isn’t supported by data. What is supported is that Nick got better and better throughout last season, and that he was coming from two seasons ravaged by injuries. Back, migraines, hand, concussion.

The odds are actually that Nick will become better than his contract - sort of what many thought after his first year.

Yeah that is the different Point of View, like you said you also can look at the stats in different views.
You mean the stats that his Points and stats raised after he was placed with Barkov and Dadonov, yeah that is a prove with stats he is a real Top6 Player.

And as much you a tired of it, it will always be a point of Discussion.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yeah that is the different Point of View, like you said you also can look at the stats in different views.
You mean the stats that his Points and stats raised after he was placed with Barkov and Dadonov, yeah that is a prove with stats he is a real Top6 Player.

And as much you a tired of it, it will always be a point of Discussion.

But the production of Barkov and Dadonov also increased lol.

The fact that it keeps getting left out is just hilarious. Anytime someone mentions it, it's crickets lmao.

It's not even opinion. It's backed up by raw numbers. Not even advanced stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad