The 2018 Panthers off-season thread- Part II

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Toronto is a near perfect test case for the Jake theory. So let’s see it. They should go 72-5-5. All those 40-goal capable offensive stars.
yea except really just 2 capable and in reality they'll have only mathews hit 40. 72-5-5 is just a bad joke. redact that and edit ur personality. and yes actually. they do pass the jake test. their lineup is far superior to ours even without tavares. with him they are a cup contender and were a wildcard team. ur ok with that after 25 years of nothingness and I'm not. must be weird having zero ambition for the team u supposedly root for. I want the panthers to win. they havent and aren't. this annoys me as a fan. it should annoy u.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Barkov got 46 000 € fine for speeding. 105 km/h on a road with 60km/h speed limit.

And so? It´s the usual Way you drive i german. There is a Street long and Empty let it drive. But the fee :D it´s a joke 1k for every 1 km/h not even switzerland ot Italia are this expensive.
Sasha next Time you wanna drive, put yout car into a Airplane and drive german Highways. Even if yout get caught with 40 km/h more never must pay that amount of money.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I have watched hockey for over 20 years and this is the biggest disparity in the conference I've ever seen. The top 8 vs the bottom 8 is a huge gap in talent.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
yea except really just 2 capable and in reality they'll have only mathews hit 40. 72-5-5 is just a bad joke. redact that and edit ur personality. and yes actually. they do pass the jake test. their lineup is far superior to ours even without tavares. with him they are a cup contender and were a wildcard team. ur ok with that after 25 years of nothingness and I'm not. must be weird having zero ambition for the team u supposedly root for. I want the panthers to win. they havent and aren't. this annoys me as a fan. it should annoy u.

Everyone is annoyed. If you were here long enough, you would have seen it. You just want to piss on everyone’s parade because nobody agrees with your overreacting assessment of this team.

And the Leafs are not a far superior team from Panthers. They have holes just like we do. Our depth up front is just as good, if not deeper, both of our defenses are questionable at times, as is both teams goaltending. Both teams are projected to be 100+ point teams, so unless they all of a sudden added to their D, and traded for Price, they aren’t head and shoulders ahead of us.

Their top two centers do not scare me. Barkov is better than Matthews, and while they have Tavares, Trocheck is no slouch. I have a hard time seeing Kadri hitting 30 again with the addition of Tavares, and while they have Marner and Marleau, we are better with Huberdeau, Hoffman, and Dadonov. What separated the two teams more than anything last year was the Leafs were the 2nd best team on the PP last season, while we fought to be average. And even with that, the Leafs still scored only 29 more goals than us last year.

Last edited:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Everyone is annoyed. If you were here long enough, you would have seen it. You just want to piss on everyone’s parade because nobody agrees with your overreacting assessment of this team.

And the Leafs are not a far superior team from Panthers. They have holes just like we do. Our depth up front is just as good, if not deeper, both of our defenses are questionable at times, as is both teams goaltending. Both teams are projected to be 100+ point teams, so unless they all of a sudden added to their D, and traded for Price, they aren’t head and shoulders ahead of us.

Their top two centers do not scare me. Barkov is better than Matthews, and while they have Tavares, Trocheck is no slouch. I have a hard time seeing Kadri hitting 30 again with the addition of Tavares, and while they have Marner and Marleau, we are better with Huberdeau, Hoffman, and Dadonov. What separated the two teams more than anything last year was the Leafs were the 2nd best team on the PP last season, while we fought to be average. And even with that, the Leafs still scored only 29 more goals than us last year.
literally everything about that is wrong. almost noone seems annoyed. people here are gushing over our best roster ever and our "depth". the panthers will not get 100 pts this year unless a miracle happens and they have 0 injuries. they will struggle to repeat the 96 pts they got last year (most of which was pure luck in 1 goal games. they aren't a good team. I'm not pissing on anyones parade. this is an extremely mediocre roster. go tell anyone u think we have a better one two punch than toronto and they'll laugh u out of the room. and I'd take nylander and marner over huby/dads any freaking day. the leafs have bad D. so what? they score a ton and will now score a ton more. with that offense they can afford bad D. we cannot. and yet we still have bad D with no elite offense to cover for it. toronto will finish 2nd in the atlantic and I'd be shocked if we finished anything above wc1. its like u don't underatand what makes a roster superior. did u not see our luck with injuries last year? and we still were no match for them. now add tavares for them and hoffman for us. do u think that closes the gap or further widens it? this is easy. understand it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
literally everything about that is wrong. almost noone seems annoyed. people here are gushing over our best roster ever and our "depth". the panthers will not get 100 pts this year unless a miracle happens and they have 0 injuries. they will struggle to repeat the 96 pts they got last year (most of which was pure luck in 1 goal games. they aren't a good team. I'm not pissing on anyones parade. this is an extremely mediocre roster. go tell anyone u think we have a better one two punch than toronto and they'll laugh u out of the room. and I'd take nylander and marner over huby/dads any freaking day. the leafs have bad D. so what? they score a ton and will now score a ton more. with that offense they can afford bad D. we cannot. and yet we still have bad D with no elite offense to cover for it. toronto will finish 2nd in the atlantic and I'd be shocked if we finished anything above wc1. its like u don't underatand what makes a roster superior. did u not see our luck with injuries last year? and we still were no match for them. now add tavares for them and hoffman for us. do u think that closes the gap or further widens it? this is easy. understand it.

2 Wins in 4 games is no match for them?

No wonder you are unhappy.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Don’t tell me what is wrong or right. You’ve been here six months, I’ve been here nearly two decades. I’ve seen seen my share of negative posts regarding this team. You keep wanting to preach to us, like we are all drinking the cool aid, yet you haven’t been here long enough to talk like you know what went on here all these years.

We have an extremely mediocre roster? We have a bad team? Cmon man. Enough with this crap already. If you are so unhappy with this this so called mediocrity, there is the door. I think it’s safe to say that everyone is tired of us apparently being so wrong, and you knowing everything. I explain why I think the team competes against Toronto, and instead of you giving your reasons, you come up with this crap about people laughing me out the room or how I don’t see this or that. Give it a rest man.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
citing a sample size of 4 regular season games and ignoring the fact that they outplayed most teams that we lost to during that same regular season shows me why u r happy.

Your the one that said we were no match :)
Btw, if you are playing NHL math, we 3-1ed Boston who 4-3ed Toronto.

I'm happy cause my life isnt just hockey but thanks for noticing.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Your the one that said we were no match :)
Btw, if you are playing NHL math, we 3-1ed Boston who 4-3ed Toronto.

I'm happy cause my life isnt just hockey but thanks for noticing.
oh you're right. that must mean we were better than boston and toronto and this is boxing so if we beat the guy who beat the other guy in a single match, were world champs now. the season is 82 games. we were worse than both teams by quite a massive margin. and I don't know if u even watched those boston games, but we got our asses handed to us and won by a statistical anomoly. which is exactly what our end of the season run was. an anomoly which will not carry over to this year. we didn't crush most of the teams we beat in that run and we lost to a bunch of terrible teams showing just how fluky it was. we were outplayed badly in a bunch of the wins too. seriously is the argument here that were better than boston and toronto? jesus if so its worse than I thought.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
[mod]

And if you knew anything about people's posting history on this site, you'd know how critical most have been here of Tallon and the ownership and specific players. Just look up my comments about Tallon after the expansion draft and you'll see that your pathetic criticism of DT and the owners pales in comparison to what I expressed.

And then, I realized that my tantrums were not only stupid and having no effect on the team, but slowly started to take away from my enjoyment of the team and the game. I decided that I'm not going to let Tallon or the owners do that to me. Things have been better since. I suspect some others have had a similar path. So I'm still with the team as a fan, because I'm a fan of the team of players and their coach, even if I don't really care for Tallon and his clueless salary providers.

You do what you want to do. I'm telling you what I did is better for me. As to the team's chances, I expect playoffs, and as past seasons have shown, at that point you never know. Players grow through a season. A key acquisition could be made. Luongo could stay more healthy this season. I'm looking forward to this season, but not expecting all that much. It's not a bad place to be - opportunity without the misery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
oh you're right. that must mean we were better than boston and toronto and this is boxing so if we beat the guy who beat the other guy in a single match, were world champs now. the season is 82 games. we were worse than both teams by quite a massive margin. and I don't know if u even watched those boston games, but we got our asses handed to us and won by a statistical anomoly. which is exactly what our end of the season run was. an anomoly which will not carry over to this year. we didn't crush most of the teams we beat in that run and we lost to a bunch of terrible teams showing just how fluky it was. we were outplayed badly in a bunch of the wins too. seriously is the argument here that were better than boston and toronto? jesus if so its worse than I thought.

Nope, the argument here is you said we were no match and claimed some NHL math even though we won 2 games against Toronto.

Massive margin?

I'll tell you what isnt an anomaly, your hyperbolic behavior.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
absolutely preposterous as usual. the devils won most if not all of their games against the lightning in the reg. season and were quite obviously no match for them when the real season started. no hindsight was needed to know tampa would annihilate them. and if u don't see the chasm in the standings between toronto/boston and us, ain't no anomaly gonna help u out.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
[mod]

And if you knew anything about people's posting history on this site, you'd know how critical most have been here of Tallon and the ownership and specific players. Just look up my comments about Tallon after the expansion draft and you'll see that your pathetic criticism of DT and the owners pales in comparison to what I expressed.

And then, I realized that my tantrums were not only stupid and having no effect on the team, but slowly started to take away from my enjoyment of the team and the game. I decided that I'm not going to let Tallon or the owners do that to me. Things have been better since. I suspect some others have had a similar path. So I'm still with the team as a fan, because I'm a fan of the team of players and their coach, even if I don't really care for Tallon and his clueless salary providers.

You do what you want to do. I'm telling you what I did is better for me. As to the team's chances, I expect playoffs, and as past seasons have shown, at that point you never know. Players grow through a season. A key acquisition could be made. Luongo could stay more healthy this season. I'm looking forward to this season, but not expecting all that much. It's not a bad place to be - opportunity without the misery.
[mod] I'm just posting correct things about a hockey team on that hockey teams page as I have done and will continue to do because it entertains me how clueless our fans are. as for my tallon hatred, sorry but this isn't a contest and if it was ud be crushed into a fine powder. I don't care what u think ur post history is, u do not come close to reviling that fat headed moron the way I do. my disdain for him and the owners is righteous and pure. and sorry but things have not been going better since u let go of the supposed negativity I never saw. the team missed the playoffs for the billionth time and have not done nearly enough to put together the roster we deserve after long last. sorry but wildcard playoff seeding isn't enough for 25 yrs of the worst team in nhl history. bring me panarin I don't care what "future" we have to give up for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Damn that 5 game insurmountable chasm.

Need a 40 goal scorer to make up the difference. Might as well give up hope already.

Are we cup contenders? No...our defense need to be fixed first. No denying that. But the obsession of adding 40 goal scorers as the only means to an end is just comical :laugh:

Reactions: I am not exposed

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
bring me panarin I don't care what "future" we have to give up for him.

I thought it was Kucherov you wanted at all costs, and that everyone was an idiot for not agreeing with you?

I swear to god, you have got to be the most toxic poster I've ever seen on this board. As someone mentioned above, some of us have been posting here for 15+ years and want to see the team succeed as much as you do. But the way you talk to people, with your attitude, and your arrogance, and self-righteousness over being the arbiter of who is and isn't outraged enough at our lack of success is enough to make me gag.

For the sake of everyone who posts here, can you please take a moment of self-reflection and understand that we come here to have fun and talk about hockey and that your terrible attitude is fostering a toxic environment?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
A 2nd, 3rd, heponiemi for Skinner, bounce some guys around, and that balance (can't now, failed, but look at what it could've been for what buff wanted).

Dale got fired in Chicago, same thing could happen here if he doesn't sacrifice some of the youth. He said it himself, not all these kids can be Panthers.

Panarin makes a lot of sense as long as we don't give up a roster player. Some combo including 3 of the following things: 1st, 2 2nds, heponeimi, tippett.. Whatever it takes. Panarin is sick.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Hoffman
Skinner/Panarin - Trocheck - Dadonov
Sceviour - McCann - Bjugstad
Vatrano - Borgstrom - Malgin

Sick power play lines

Hoffman - Barkov - Bjugstad
Yandle - Huberdeau (plays point)

Ekblad - Matheson

Last edited:

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
A 2nd, 3rd, heponiemi for Skinner, bounce some guys around, and that balance (can't now, failed, but look at what it could've been for what buff wanted).

Dale got fired in Chicago, same thing could happen here if he doesn't sacrifice some of the youth. He said it himself, not all these kids can be Panthers.

Panarin makes a lot of sense as long as we don't give up a roster player. Some combo including 3 of the following things: 1st, 2 2nds, heponeimi, tippett.. Whatever it takes. Panarin is sick.

Sick power play lines

Ekblad - Matheson

I like the thought of acquiring Panarin....

But Bjugstad on the top power play over literally anyone on the second unit.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Sick power play lines

Ekblad - Matheson
Skinner could very well be a one-year rental. I wouldn't do this.
Hepo could be a star one day - let him marinate in Liiga for now and keep our picks. With Huberdeau, Barkov, Dadonov, Hoffman, Trocheck, we have one possible opening in the top 6. Let Malgin, Vatrano, Bjugstad, Borgstrom, Tippett, McCann etc. fight it out.

I'd be interested in Panarin if we can get him re-signed; otherwise let's keep our assets for now. We might need a quality Dman or a starting goalie soon.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Panarin will probably sign a one or two year extension deal with the BJs and that's that. The only complain from Panarin is that he doesn't want to sign a long term contract with the BJs which is exactly what the 'lumbus brass wants. It's not that Panarin doesn't want to play for the BJs and I'm not sure what is so hard to understand i.e. Panarin doesn't want a long term contract with the BJs somehow equates to Panarin wants to play for the Cats and also wants a long term contract. Wanna look stupid af? Trade one or two blue chippers and extra picks for one year of Panarin and then he signs with the Hawks to rekindle the Kane-Panarin connection.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Panarin will probably sign a one or two year extension deal with the BJs and that's that. The only complain from Panarin is that he doesn't want to sign a long term contract with the BJs which is exactly what the 'lumbus brass wants. It's not that Panarin doesn't want to play for the BJs and I'm not sure what is so hard to understand i.e. Panarin doesn't want a long term contract with the BJs somehow equates to Panarin wants to play for the Cats and also wants a long term contract. Wanna look stupid af? Trade one or two blue chippers and extra picks for one year of Panarin and then he signs with the Hawks to rekindle the Kane-Panarin connection.

Or he can come to Florida and play with his former linemate Dadonov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad