Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

What Year Do You Want The Senators Pick?

• 2018: Since they won't be as bad as in 2019

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • 2019: Since they should retool making them worse off

Votes: 51 34.7%
  • Don't care, either year works for me

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What happened to McIsaac? Wasn’t he projected to be a top pick a year or two ago?

McIsaac had a mixed season. He dropped from Top 15 to low 1st round pick,

Started poorly. Recovered somewhat, but was uneven rest of the season. Still would love to have the AVs draft this player to either trade down or move up in the 2nd round.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is this another Chychrun situation?
I don't think so. Chychrun just got nit picked to bits in his draft year (same with Liljegren). McIsaac just didn't impress much. Good prospect, but instead of "high end #1" his potential is now seen as closer to "defensive 3/4". A valuable player but not before pick 20 in this draft at the earliest.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I don't think so. Chychrun just got nit picked to bits in his draft year (same with Liljegren). McIsaac just didn't impress much. Good prospect, but instead of "high end #1" his potential is now seen as closer to "defensive 3/4". A valuable player but not before pick 20 in this draft at the earliest.

McIsaac is a huge disappointment. Draft year and he struggled. Still believe the potential. I think he will be a good player and hoping he’ll be similar to a Chychrun fall and become available with AVs 2nd rounders.

Last edited:

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I wasn't able to watch the draft last year. Does anyone know if NHL.tv carries it, or am I going to have to stream on my laptop?
I think NBCsports carries it for the nhl not 100% positive though. If you have cable tv you can login to their website or app if you have a smart tv.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
McIsaac is a huge disappointment. Draft year and he struggled. Still believe the potential. I think he will be a good player and hoping he’ll be similar to a Chychrun fall and become available with AVs 2nd rounders.
He's not as dynamic or a toolsy as Chychrun was though. To me he's more a second pairing guy that plays on your kill and PP2.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The first round is usually on NBCSN in the US, the second day you have to go find a stream for. I don't know if it's against the rules to look for streams here for something that isn't even broadcast in my area. I'll try at any rate.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I know, I would much rather not stream it off the laptop. Too much temptation to check twitter and spoil pretty much the entire thing.

Lets be real, you'd be checking twitter on your phone anyways. Its always on twitter 5 min before they announce it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad