Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

What Year Do You Want The Senators Pick?

• 2018: Since they won't be as bad as in 2019

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • 2019: Since they should retool making them worse off

Votes: 51 34.7%
  • Don't care, either year works for me

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Fully sucked in to the Berggren hype, chances are most likely low for us taking him but I guess what Sakic has been wanting almost closely fits his scouting report.

Am I alone in buying into the hype ? :laugh:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Meh, if we get the 4th, talk it, or really good player comes back. Not sure if we’d entertain anything from NYR

That would be a very expensive add to move up 4 spots but its the type of move that is the most common. The highest pick I can remember being moved for a player in recent memory would be 9 for Schneider. In this case to evaluate it we would need to get very specific though.

As an example lets say Zadina goes at 3. In that case the 3 best options would be Dobson, Kotkaniemi and Tkachuk. Well if you view a guy like Hayton or Bouchard as similar to these guys then trading down 5 spots and picking up a big asset would be a wise move.

I don't think it is something that would happen though as it doesn't make enough sense from all sides for me to see it happening but just trying to place some context around it that could be realistic.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
For the second round.. if a Miller/Alexeyev/McIsaac falls think we should look into trading up to grab them?
Maybe like 47+78 for ~35ish?
Still have pick 58 for a goalie

Reactions: McMetal

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I wouldn't mind if things played out that way. Also, in the video on that page Friedman says he doesn't know what Dorion will do but he'd give up the 4th pick if it were him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
For the second round.. if a Miller/Alexeyev/McIsaac falls think we should look into trading up to grab them?
Maybe like 47+78 for ~35ish?
Still have pick 58 for a goalie
That makes sense. There's going to be a lot of value in the early 2nd. 25-45 is pretty wide open, too. If a team at ~35 realizes that everybody they want there is already gone and the Avs have a target, that would seem like a good move for both sides.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Fully sucked in to the Berggren hype, chances are most likely low for us taking him but I guess what Sakic has been wanting almost closely fits his scouting report.

Am I alone in buying into the hype ? :laugh:

Hype? More like he's been underrated and people are starting to come around. I have him at #13 and I debated about ranking him higher. He's the guy I want at #16 if Noel is off the board.

Blame the referee

Aug 24, 2014
Granby
We just made a quick 4 rounds mock, on the mock draft forum and I pick for Colorado. After three round you have
#16 Dominik Bokk
#47 Jay O’Brien
#58 Scott Perunovich
#78 Lukas Dostal

Would you like that draft if it Was yours come sunday?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We just made a quick 4 rounds mock, on the mock draft forum and I pick for Colorado. After three round you have
#16 Dominik Bokk
#47 Jay O’Brien
#58 Scott Perunovich
#78 Lukas Dostal

I'd be good with Bokk in the first. Yes please on Dostal at #78.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
#16 Dominik Bokk
#47 Jay O’Brien
#58 Scott Perunovich
#78 Lukas Dostal

Hell yes I would like this. Perunovich is a tad too high considering he's an overager and I think you can get him in the 3rd round, but he has all the makings of becoming Shayne Gostibehere.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
#16 Dominik Bokk
#47 Jay O’Brien
#58 Scott Perunovich
#78 Lukas Dostal

Ill have to confer with Bender's scouting bible on these and then ill get back to you ;)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
#16 Dominik Bokk
#47 Jay O’Brien
#58 Scott Perunovich
#78 Lukas Dostal

Would love it. Would be excited by Bokk’s upside, think JOB is a steal anywhere beyond the late 1st round, Perunovich is a gem...small but tailor made for the modern NHL and we grab potentially one of the top goalies in the draft? Yes please.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Montreal taking Kotka? Wonder which wing they'll put him on. Putting C's on the wing and wing's @ C.

Once it got out there they are getting the media to try SO hard to get people to believe they are taking someone else. Looks like the trade down isn't an option any longer.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Hey, anybody post the Chris Johnston rumour where Sens appear to still be sticking with #4 in the end?

I think the only thing we can assume is Ott is a burning house attached to a loose cannon that likes to use the media to spread whatever agenda they're pushing. We should all know this from the Duchene rumor days.

Between that 1st rounder and EK, both of which are very tied together I think it be foolish to say any of us have a clue what will happen. Mostly because I don't think Ott themselves has any idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad