Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

What Year Do You Want The Senators Pick?

• 2018: Since they won't be as bad as in 2019

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • 2019: Since they should retool making them worse off

Votes: 51 34.7%
  • Don't care, either year works for me

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Hmph. Gonna miss the draft cause 90% of Finns (including me) are going to be drunk when the draft is being held.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I have a strange feeling that I'm going to be disappointed with the 1st pick this year again. Not so much the Jost situation where I badly wanted Sergachev and soon after came around on and accepted him, but more like another Makar situation.

Really hope I'm wrong and we end up with a Mikko scenario though.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I have a strange feeling that I'm going to be disappointed with the 1st pick this year again. Not so much the Jost situation where I badly wanted Sergachev and soon after came around on and accepted him, but more like another Makar situation.

Really hope I'm wrong and we end up with a Mikko scenario though.

I liked both the Jost and Makar picks, so I can't relate on those, but I do have a feeling that the Avs may make a pick that I am not entirely on board with at 16. I think we are going to see a lot of picks after 12 or 13 that may surprise people, because I think the individual rankings for teams will be all over the place.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Day of Mock. Hedged my bets with the Avs pick.

1. Buffalo - Rasmus Dahlin - D
2. Carolina - Andrei Svechnikov - RW
3. Montreal - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - C
4. Ottawa - Filip Zadina - RW
5. Arizona - Brady Tkachuk - LW
6. Detroit - Quinton Hughes - D
7. Vancouver - Noah Dobson - D
8. Chicago - Evan Bouchard - D
9. NY Rangers - Oliver Wahlstrom - F
10. Edmonton - Adam Boqvist - D
11. NY Islanders - Barrett Hayton - C
12. NY Islanders - K'Andre Miller - D
13. Dallas - Joe Veleno - C
14. Philadelphia - Bode Wilde - D
15. Florida - Ty Smith - D
16. Colorado - Joel Farabee - LW /Ty Dellandrea - C/Vitali Kravtsov - RW/Ryan McLeod - C

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Don’t think Wilde goes that high but like the call with Miller, some team(s) up high are going to be enamoured with his upside as a long-term project even if the general consensus is he’s more of a late first guy.

Having a choice between Farabee and Kravtsov would be a dead perfect scenario for me at #16. I could even get behind Della, he’s got an infectious style of play and was great at the U18s. McLeod would leave me extremely disappointed. He’s one guy I definitely don’t want at 16.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Don’t think Wilde goes that high but like the call with Miller, some team(s) up high are going to be enamoured with his upside as a long-term project even if the general consensus is he’s more of a late first guy.

I tend to agree with you on Wilde, but I thought that Philly may reach a bit for a RHD prospect that has the toolbox. Wilde may have fallen further due to concerns about off ice conditioning and he just de-committed from his second NCAA school.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Along with McLeod, Lundestrom is another I want to avoid at #16. If we picked a guy like Lundestrom or McLeod and dynamic wingers like Bokk and Berggren are still sitting there...especially considering we have the likes of Bowers and Kamenev in the system...would just be boneheaded.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I love how much talent their is from the US in the top end of the draft this year. I could get behind any of Wilde, Miller or Farabee.

Obviously Wahlstrom and Hughes there too, but I don't see the Avs grabbing either of them with where they're slotted to go.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Along with McLeod, Lundestrom is another I want to avoid at #16. If we picked a guy like Lundestrom or McLeod and dynamic wingers like Bokk and Berggren are still sitting there...especially considering we have the likes of Bowers and Kamenev in the system...would just be boneheaded.

I like Lundestrom and McLeod as prospects, although I understand concerns about their offensive ceilings. I would draft centers and defensemen in the first round virtually every year if it was up to me, given the importance and value of those positions. Unless a winger looks like a can't miss star, I would pass on drafting a wing prospect in the first round.

Bokk and Kaut (with his recent health issues - even if cleared for now) are two prospects that I hope the Avs stay away from at 16.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Havent paid much attention at all but my ideal pick at 16 is whomever the highest offensive upside winger available is

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
If we get 4th overall and Zadina is on the board.... They should pick Hughes.

I’m not sure I agree with that, I like Hughes, but I think when there are comparable prospects and one fits an organizational need, you go with that.

Is Hughes going to be better than Girard and Makar? Maybe, but I can almost guarantee Zadina will be better than Compher, Andrighetto, Kerfoot, Nieto and Jost. Heck he might be already.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not sure I agree with that, I like Hughes, but I think when there are comparable prospects and one fits an organizational need, you go with that.

Is Hughes going to be better than Girard and Makar? Maybe, but I can almost guarantee Zadina will be better than Compher, Andrighetto, Kerfoot, Nieto and Jost. Heck he might be already.

Yes. Everything I've seen from Hughes screams top pairing D man with possible #1 potential. And we can use a potential #1 dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad