Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

What Year Do You Want The Senators Pick?

• 2018: Since they won't be as bad as in 2019

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • 2019: Since they should retool making them worse off

Votes: 51 34.7%
  • Don't care, either year works for me

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hey Av's fans, Q,

If for whatever reason Ottawa surrenders this years pick to you, is it at all in play?
Probably not
  1. team that wants the pick could just negotiate with the Senators
  2. The prospect of another three way trade has to make Dorion curl up in the fetal position and cry hysterically
  3. It would be harder to negotiate a deal with the pick being flux on the Avs end until it's on the clock
  4. Whomever is available after Dahlin, Svechnikov and the #3 should have at least one guy the Avs really like and won't be able to get later.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is weird, but did Bob McKenzie have a reveal show for his final rankings? Seems like something he has every year, but I can't find it on TSN?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Hey Av's fans, Q,

If for whatever reason Ottawa surrenders this years pick to you, is it at all in play?

For a more serious response, I'd say thats the same as any other top 5 pick. They are historically never moved for a reason, because few deals make sense.

Now if NYR wanted to take the 9th and move up, then maybe but you would have to add something like Filip Chytil for the Avs to bite and unless NYR really liked a guy like Dobson I dont see it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
For a more serious response, I'd say thats the same as any other top 5 pick. They are historically never moved for a reason, because few deals make sense.

Now if NYR wanted to take the 9th and move up, then maybe but you would have to add something like Filip Chytil for the Avs to bite and unless NYR really liked a guy like Dobson I dont see it.
Meh, if we get the 4th, talk it, or really good player comes back. Not sure if we’d entertain anything from NYR

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Well that Kaut thing is something else. So according to McKenzie he was flagged with a heart condition at the combine, flew to his home country to get a surgery, got the surgery and then the doctors over there say he never had a heart condition? What the hell is going on here? Poor kid.

Didn't you hear? Unnecessary surgery is all the rage with the kids nowadays... :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad