The 2017 NBA Finals Thread: Golden State vs Cleveland

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Durant just gives the Warriors that extra fire power.
He's determine not to screw up his chance.

If Steph/Klay/Draymond go cold, Durant shows, if he does the other 3 can step in plus the role players.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Kevin Durant is the star tonight.
The next one could be him or Klay/Steph/Draymond.

Cavs defense is bad, what the heck are they doing.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
tenor.gif

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
will be interesting to see what changes the Cavs make in the 2nd. felt like they just let it go without doing much else.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I don't know how you stop this Cavs lineup

They've got Derron Williams, they're got Derrick Williams, they've got all the Williams

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The Warriors did Warriors things in the 3rd quarter and blew the doors off, Game 1 was a good sample of how this series should be expected to go

Lebron will get a win somehow in this series, but Golden State looks unstoppable

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It ended up being a beatdown but you can't count LeBron out after one game.

If things do keep going this way, the only hope might be Klay saying he's not there to be the 3rd/4th wheel and getting out of there. We're still two years away from that though.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Another blowout just like last year's series with the exception of Game 7.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's only one game but I'm regretting not putting a few bucks on the sweep at 6:1. Feel good about GS in 6 games or less that I took. Too much firepower.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I feel guilty playing a franchise with any top 5 team in any sports game, this is real life and a team that went to back to back finals, including one championship win, added Kevin freaking Durant. Lebron is incredible but come on. They're a great team but being able to add Durant to everything they already have in a cap league is truly a rare occurrence.

It's like playing a video game with an all star team vs a really good team.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I feel guilty playing a franchise with any top 5 team in any sports game, this is real life and a team that went to back to back finals, including one championship win, added Kevin freaking Durant. Lebron is incredible but come on. They're a great team but being able to add Durant to everything they already have in a cap league is truly a rare occurrence.

It's insane.

Closest equivalent we've seen in the NHL was the year Marian Hossa played with Detroit he wanted a Cup.

And even THAT doesn't compare.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
He wants to be a star and is using his global position to try and be that. Isn't he supposed to be in the new space jam nonsense?

No different then Shaq. He clearly never wanted to be in Orlando regardless of how they painted that picture in the 30 for 30. He always wanted to be a star and market himself through music and all that. Leaves for LA as a free agent and becomes a star on multiple levels. It kind of shows how pro sports is kind of fake. If you know enough about the business of pro sports it does kill your morale. I definitely enjoy college athletics more these days.

uhhhh what

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Durant has taken over the Warriors.
Steph and company are just there for the support.

28, 10 and 6 with .5 fg% and shooting .545 from deep.

Those are co-star numbers. Not just "support". There was one lethal in and out crossover that left Lebron staggered. Guaranteed his got ice bags on his ankles as we speak.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
All I could think last night was that this is KD's team. When he goes to the rack he looks like Larry Bird out there. Solid hook shot, passes when 2 or 3 collapse on him for the wide open shot. I don't know if there's going to be much that Lebron can do if they can keep him going like this. Obviously Lebron will try to lock it down and if he is able to do that, KD will struggle a little more. If he gets help though Steph and Klay will make the Cavs pay. KD is second in the league as far as I'm concerned and that's only because I think in one on ones Kawhi is a better player.

And all that without mentioning Draymond's name.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
How the hell are you suppose to stop this team?I know it's only one game and anything can happen but adding KD is just unfair.Who the hell other then Lebron can guard KD? He's too big to be guarded by guards and too fast one on one for pretty much any forwards. The only hope Cleveland has IMO is to double team KD and Curry consistently and when they find the open man just pray that they keep missing.I will say one thing about Klay, he's struggling alot offensively but his defense is just world-class. If he get's it going in the next game GS might rout Cleveland in every game. Tristan Thompson needs to get on the boards for Cleveland, I hardly even noticed him last night.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

CLE actually has a higher payroll, something like 20 million more.

Also, loved seeing KD put LBJ on skates. Best part about G1 :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad