The 2017 NBA Finals Thread: Golden State vs Cleveland

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hardly anyone is picking the Cavs to win despite the team last season coming back from 3-1 down in the series to win it all.

Green has been keeping his play in check so they will have him the whole series this time and now they have KD. Good luck guarding all four of them.

A 3-1 choke is nothing, especially when it's in the finals against an all-time great player

We're Shark fans, we understand true disappointment

Honestly, the Falcons were up 28-3 with like 12 minutes left. So I would consider that much worse.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
LeBron James has never won a Championship if Alabama doesn't win the National Championship that year

2011-2012: Alabama wins title, LeBron wins title
2012-2013: Alabama wins title, LeBron wins title
2013-2014: Alabama loses Sugar Bowl, LeBron loses Finals
2014-2015: Alabama loses Semifinals, LeBron loses Finals
2015-2016: Alabama wins title, LeBron wins Finals 2016-2017: Alabama loses Title Game, LeBron???

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
LeBron can go God-mode but that alone won't be enough. The Cavs need Kyrie and Love to be great also. Kyrie has been a guy that really rises to the occasion when it matters most. He's going to have to do that again.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Tired of the "if Green wasn't suspended" stuff still going on, he was, he's the type of player where that might happen, and he came back and they still lost.

Further to that, if we want to play the "what if" card, what if LeBron had Love and a healthy Irving the year prior? maybe it's 2-0 Cavs instead.

We've all heard this circle go round and round hundreds of times at this point.

Agree. I also don't think GS lost G5 cause of the suspension but more so cause their heads weren't in the right place. They went up 3-1 and thought they had it on lock down and started mocking Lebron. I'm willing to bet we won't see as many tweets from bench players or wives this year and no one comfy until the clock runs out in that 4th W.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Dubs in 6. I loved the Warriors last year but adding KD has made me not enjoy them as much. It doesn't sit well with me. On the other hand, I've never rooted for LeBron either, so I'm not sure who to root for. Hopefully it's a great series though.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Cavs in 6. Warriors losing would be the more excited storyline for next season.

I don't think GS gets back next year. Probably won't have Durant. Paul could become a Spur. I think if healthy this year the Spurs could have won or made it real interesting.

Personally I think Durant is overrated in this equation. They still can't guard LBJ. Thompson has been horrendous. He's shooting 38% this postseason. I think Cleveland wins game 1. That rest will hurt GS more than help them. They've looked awful in every game 1. Only beat Spurs because of a dirty illegal play. The Cavs are better than the Spurs. I guess we will see but we know who the media adores and its GS. Simple fact is most of the league is not good. Neither team was pushed, maybe for a half or one game I guess.

Pressure is all on GS though.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Green has been keeping his play in check so they will have him the whole series this time and now they have KD. Good luck guarding all four of them.

Honestly, the Falcons were up 28-3 with like 12 minutes left. So I would consider that much worse.

Longer than that. NE scored a TD before the 3rd ended.

Thompson is shooting **** poor this postseason. I also would let Green shoot wide open long balls, he's not that amazing. There is one ball to go around here and people forget this. The Cavs can counter with Irving, Love and nobody can guard LBJ. Smith to me is the X factor here. If he gets hot he can propel them big time.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
LeBron James has never won a Championship if Alabama doesn't win the National Championship that year

2015-2016: Alabama wins title, LeBron wins Finals 2016-2017: Alabama loses Title Game, LeBron???

Nothing but an interesting talking point lol. You did leave off 07 where Alabama didn't win though.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan

Confirmed. Saban and LeBron shop together for 2-for-1 deals with the devil.
No doubt the same deal that the SF Giants and Taylor Swift usually get.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I don't think GS gets back next year. Probably won't have Durant. Paul could become a Spur. I think if healthy this year the Spurs could have won or made it real interesting.

Personally I think Durant is overrated in this equation. They still can't guard LBJ. Thompson has been horrendous. He's shooting 38% this postseason. I think Cleveland wins game 1. That rest will hurt GS more than help them. They've looked awful in every game 1. Only beat Spurs because of a dirty illegal play. The Cavs are better than the Spurs. I guess we will see but we know who the media adores and its GS. Simple fact is most of the league is not good. Neither team was pushed, maybe for a half or one game I guess.

Well I guess we can clearly see the bias here. If Lebron guards KD he might keep him in check but he will definately have to work much harder then previous rounds. That leaves Curry, Thompson and Green who will all have mismatches. As good as Irving and Love are offensively, they are two of the worst defenders at their respective positions. Thompson to me is the x-factor for the Cavs

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Well I guess we can clearly see the bias here. If Lebron guards KD he might keep him in check but he will definately have to work much harder then previous rounds. That leaves Curry, Thompson and Green who will all have mismatches. As good as Irving and Love are offensively, they are two of the worst defenders at their respective positions. Thompson to me is the x-factor for the Cavs

Don't like either team but GS is easier to hate even if LBJ is the player I hate the most haha.

Thompson isn't shooting well this postseason. Interesting x factor it could be.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I'm not convinced this wasn't a setup. Not saying he was in on it or that racism isn't real but of course stupid ESPN and the media eat this garbage up. Then they beat the story to death. Sad? I suppose but the dude ain't hurting. Its not really a story that needed reporting which is an example of why there's no reason to watch the news anymore, so negative.

The only thing that interests me is that he has a home in LA when he doesn't play there and never has. Clippers couldn't afford him within the cap space but the Lakers sure could but he'd have nobody to play with. This is more evidence though of the intertwining worlds of sports, Hollywood and politics and kind of why its all becoming a joke at the professional level.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Anybody listen to the Road Trippin' podcast with Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye? It's pretty damn awesome. Anyways, they more or less confirmed that Ty Lue creates a game plan but that LeBron can and will adjust it. Even DWill admitted in the latest episode: "I don't want to call him (LeBron) a coach, but..."

Oh and RJ revealed this: "Whenever LeBron backs down a smaller defender on the block, our entire bench just starts yelling 'Get that baby out the street!' and 'Whose baby is that?' It really pisses off the defender. Gerald Green really got hot after that." :laugh:

http://www.revolverpodcasts.com/shows/road-trippin-with-rj-channing/

I'm not convinced this wasn't a setup. Not saying he was in on it or that racism isn't real but of course stupid ESPN and the media eat this garbage up. Then they beat the story to death. Sad? I suppose but the dude ain't hurting. Its not really a story that needed reporting which is an example of why there's no reason to watch the news anymore, so negative.

The only thing that interests me is that he has a home in LA when he doesn't play there and never has. Clippers couldn't afford him within the cap space but the Lakers sure could but he'd have nobody to play with. This is more evidence though of the intertwining worlds of sports, Hollywood and politics and kind of why its all becoming a joke at the professional level.

Man, wtf are you even talking about? :shakehead

15c583b6e57e2ceebecb3a446cad0120edf7c619_hq.gif

Last edited:

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Don't like either team but GS is easier to hate even if LBJ is the player I hate the most haha.

Thompson isn't shooting well this postseason. Interesting x factor it could be.

Isn't that because Thompson (inb4wrongThompson) hasn't gotten touches with Durant and Curry taking on more of the offensive load during the postseason? If the Cavs decide to let Thompson shoot as part of their defensive strategy, that could be playing with fire as he's shown he has the ability to go ham and score ridiculous points in one quarter.

By all indications it seems Durant is interested in staying in Golden State, would be an interesting situation if that were to be the case given that Curry's contract is also up. Even if GS can't guard Lebron, you can still cause havoc by guarding Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving and making it difficult for them to get their rhythm going. Also, I don't think the rest is a big deal, only 3 days separate GSW and Cleveland's final games in their respective conference finals. Not to mention, Cleveland will also have had significant time to rest too.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Tired of the "if Green wasn't suspended" stuff still going on, he was, he's the type of player where that might happen, and he came back and they still lost.

Further to that, if we want to play the "what if" card, what if LeBron had Love and a healthy Irving the year prior? maybe it's 2-0 Cavs instead.

We've all heard this circle go round and round hundreds of times at this point.

KD meanwhile, that's obviously an entirely new factor to this series.

The Warriors should be the favorites. On paper they are the superior team and they've performed the better of the two throughout the year. LeBron will need to go superhuman again, fortunately for the Cavs he is superhuman so let's see.

The real problem was that green shouldn't have been suspended. He did way worse in previous rounds. That suspension was a joke. But you know he kicks some guy in the nuts is ok but how dare he not let lebron step over him

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
But he was suspended for an accumulation of fouls, not for that act alone.

Was he? I didnt follow it just knew he got suspended and I started watching the game late. So if he was then that's totally fine

I'm reading an article by ESPN now that says he just got suspended for the lbj foul.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Was he? I didnt follow it just knew he got suspended and I started watching the game late. So if he was then that's totally fine

I'm reading an article by ESPN now that says he just got suspended for the lbj foul.
Yup. He was given a flagrant or tech after post game review, and that put him over the limit for the playoffs which = 1 game suspension. He did it to himself. No sympathy at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad