The 2017 NBA Finals Thread: Golden State vs Cleveland

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm not convinced this wasn't a setup. Not saying he was in on it or that racism isn't real but of course stupid ESPN and the media eat this garbage up. Then they beat the story to death. Sad? I suppose but the dude ain't hurting. Its not really a story that needed reporting which is an example of why there's no reason to watch the news anymore, so negative.

The only thing that interests me is that he has a home in LA when he doesn't play there and never has. Clippers couldn't afford him within the cap space but the Lakers sure could but he'd have nobody to play with. This is more evidence though of the intertwining worlds of sports, Hollywood and politics and kind of why its all becoming a joke at the professional level.

Lol what

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Basketball can be alot of fun but man is the nba a gong show....why so many 2 day breaks? Booo

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Basketball can be alot of fun but man is the nba a gong show....why so many 2 day breaks? Booo

The NHL has one in there too I believe(or are there 2 built in the schedule)

Baseball used to play everyday. Football used to have no bye week between conference championship week and the SB.

They coddle these guys so much but at the same time I think this fits into the predictable category. Its not like these pro leagues are all that real. They are predictable and even kind of scripted in my opinion. I'm not saying that games and outcomes individually or all are fixed or anything but sports is entertainment with a score. I mean guy for the Warriors makes the dirtiest basketball type play in basketball, no foul called, best player on the spurs leaves, series over. I'm not saying at all the NBA let an injury just happen but the spurs were a threat to the rematch that everyone wanted so badly.

You could even look at the NHL. I believe I heard they could have had the 12 and 16 seed play in the final. One from Canada and the south. Network nightmare for ratings. Sports is entertainment with a score. Now if the matchup isn't appealing they atleast have the villain for people to root against. Ratings are everything, its why there's so much funny money in sports now and joke contracts. Its why even the worst run teams actually turn profits in atleast the mlb and NFL.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

He wants to be a star and is using his global position to try and be that. Isn't he supposed to be in the new space jam nonsense?

No different then Shaq. He clearly never wanted to be in Orlando regardless of how they painted that picture in the 30 for 30. He always wanted to be a star and market himself through music and all that. Leaves for LA as a free agent and becomes a star on multiple levels. It kind of shows how pro sports is kind of fake. If you know enough about the business of pro sports it does kill your morale. I definitely enjoy college athletics more these days.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
He wants to be a star and is using his global position to try and be that. Isn't he supposed to be in the new space jam nonsense?

No different then Shaq. He clearly never wanted to be in Orlando regardless of how they painted that picture in the 30 for 30. He always wanted to be a star and market himself through music and all that. Leaves for LA as a free agent and becomes a star on multiple levels. It kind of shows how pro sports is kind of fake. If you know enough about the business of pro sports it does kill your morale. I definitely enjoy college athletics more these days.

"Try and be that" lol? he is that. LeBron doesn't need to go to LA to be a star.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Almost time........

I'd like to see LeBron win but I really just want this to be a competitive series. Hopefully it's not a blowout either way.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm not convinced this wasn't a setup. Not saying he was in on it or that racism isn't real but of course stupid ESPN and the media eat this garbage up. Then they beat the story to death. Sad? I suppose but the dude ain't hurting. Its not really a story that needed reporting which is an example of why there's no reason to watch the news anymore, so negative.

The only thing that interests me is that he has a home in LA when he doesn't play there and never has. Clippers couldn't afford him within the cap space but the Lakers sure could but he'd have nobody to play with. This is more evidence though of the intertwining worlds of sports, Hollywood and politics and kind of why its all becoming a joke at the professional level.

What the **** did i just read?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Good riddance on what?

I wish we could hide the poll.

It's satisfying watching the Cavs not have the calls go their way.

Generally, the Cavs get the benefit of the doubt vs inferior teams, but that doesn't get in the way of LeBron whining for calls. It's nice to see calls go the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00