GDT: The 2016 NHL Entry Draft | June 24-25, 2016 | 7 p.m. ET (NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Gudlevskis is a pretty solid prospect for what it's worth.

so is wilcox but so far are not showing they are a 1A

we are going to lose vasy/bish one of two imho for sure im resigned to that fate i dont see any way around it

so we need the future backup not now meaning in 5-7 years who can take over if needed and be a true 1A like vasy is going to be

i do not even put guds or wilcox in 1b category

they are not going to be starters or major starters in nhl

they both can be long term back ups imho but not 1A guys

and yes both still have plenty of time i dont judge goalies till they are 25 than start thinking what they can be.

in no way do i think vasy can take bishops job and have one of these two as back ups and keep us from falling backward at this time why we should be thinking a goalie if possible for the future

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
Dimitry Sokolov is a very good player who put up good numbers for the Wolves this past season. Despite being out of shape or not in as good of shape as he could be, on a down team, numbers are very good. Have a friend from there who goes to every game, and he thinks he will be a steal. Predicting 2nd round or late 1st. Big guy who can score with solid skating.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Dimitry Sokolov is a very good player who put up good numbers for the Wolves this past season. Despite being out of shape or not in as good of shape as he could be, on a down team, numbers are very good. Have a friend from there who goes to every game, and he thinks he will be a steal. Predicting 2nd round or late 1st. Big guy who can score with solid skating.

ive got him going in late late second round or even middle 3rd round thinking might be steal if can get him at that range like point was
he needs to work harder he might wind up a good power forward but needs to work on defense and his stamina and when he doesnt have the puck needs to want it more meaning charge the net

at one point dmitri was picked to be the next great russian he has disappointed to most and is dropping

id take a flyer on him with one of our two second rounders all day worst case he plays a similar role as killorn best case you got a top line power forward with grit and size

something we solely lack right now in the system

if can get him with the russians and get him to have kucherov vasi type work ethic to me this kid would be a true diamond in rough and go very far indeed

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Would anyone be mad at our first three picks being Riley Tufte, Adam Macherin and Sean Day? Not sure if we will even have the opportunity to get all those guys, but I think it is a definite possibility and I think that would be pretty good.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Would anyone be mad at our first three picks being Riley Tufte, Adam Macherin and Sean Day? Not sure if we will even have the opportunity to get all those guys, but I think it is a definite possibility and I think that would be pretty good.

mascherin is trending upwards he will go early second imho so not available to us

day should be available to us in our second round pick not traded one we will use that for someone else imho

id take nathan bastian for for size and all around game over mascherin

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Would love to use our late first on Will Bitten. High hockey IQ, fast using his speed and brains to dissect team's defense's. Great passer, finds himself consistently in scoring position. Wears his heart on his sleeve and a never say die attitude. Definitely a player would love to see the Bolts grab.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Would love to use our late first on Will Bitten. High hockey IQ, fast using his speed and brains to dissect team's defense's. Great passer, finds himself consistently in scoring position. Wears his heart on his sleeve and a never say die attitude. Definitely a player would love to see the Bolts grab.

probably could have him in late second

i dont get why we would want another speedy playmaking guy with limited size

we got plenty of those. he is another johnson though fearless etc..

is a lot of guys same ranges id like more basically want to shore up defense for future as much as possible

he could be this years point though if we wanted to go that route

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
TBH, I want us to flip our 1st into two seconds. I like how we've been drafting and we could definitely find some more steals in the second round like Kucherov.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
TBH, I want us to flip our 1st into two seconds. I like how we've been drafting and we could definitely find some more steals in the second round like Kucherov.

we have two seconds already

i see no kucherovs in the second this year

is some super steady safe picks

is some guys that dropped for whatever reason

if teams had known kucherov was coming he would have been 10th overall or top ten that year no one knew:) we won the lottery there lol

i see top 4 of solid picks than 5-20 are basically same guys 21-60 same

i see no guy that started year say 60th moving to top ten do see guys started top five moving to 35th though

those are interesting cases and why we got to trust the process which so far has proven to me awesome:)

is some guys in 10-20 who are projects than more 21-60 but is also safe guys i named a few defenders etc..

every guy that has been named here? either is rising fast or has fallen this year and the few i named which are the solid safe picks

id be happy with anyone mentioned so far myself. faith in system and our structure crew to make them nhl players:)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Kucherov was drafted in 2011. We haven't had a 2nd rounder make the NHL since than yet. It's still early for many but there seems to be more busts than booms. Stephens, Masin, Erne and Blujus look like safer picks, guys who'll be depth more than impact while Hart and Macloed look like busts to me. I'd rather draft someone in the late 1st who has top 6 top pair potential than more depth players.

It's why I'd trade up. It depends on how the board falls and who's available.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Kucherov was drafted in 2011. We haven't had a 2nd rounder make the NHL since than yet. It's still early for many but there seems to be more busts than booms. Stephens, Masin, Erne and Blujus look like safer picks, guys who'll be depth more than impact while Hart and Macloed look like busts to me. I'd rather draft someone in the late 1st who has top 6 top pair potential than more depth players.

little early on macleod he played on a good team with guys ahead of him all in all he is fine no more seniors but one for next season where hes a junior i expect him to move up we will see how he does

boston university is always a top team in college hockey so not surprising they go when can with guys by years etc..

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

The only team currently with two 2nd's who we could make a deal with is Calgary. 27th for 35th + 53rd. It would be close to the value we got in 2014 and better than 2015 when we traded out of the 1st.

It would depend who falls, if Tufte is there I take him. If we dropped I'd target Tage Thompson, Kale Clague, Cam Dineen or Pascal Labarge at 35. At 44 Cliff Pu, Carl Grundstrom, Will Bitten or Sam Steel. At 53 and 58 Tim Gettinger, Sean Day, Taylor Raddish, Jacob Cederholm or Dennis Cholowski.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016

I agree. We have, at least in my opinion, plenty of guys who we pretty much know what we have and they will be solid bottom 6 or bottom pairing players.

However, I think what we lack are gamebreakers, or kids with real potential.

In this draft I would like to target quality over quantity, and pinpoint a guy that we are confident will achieve his high ceiling rather than drafting a bunch of guys and hoping for the best. That is why I like Rubstov and wouldn't mind trading up for him; I think he could be that guy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
little early on macleod he played on a good team with guys ahead of him all in all he is fine no more seniors but one for next season where hes a junior i expect him to move up we will see how he does

boston university is always a top team in college hockey so not surprising they go when can with guys by years etc..

If they have no seniors that doesn't bode well for him. He was scratched a lot last year and unless there are injuries or he does a 180 with his play he could sit a lot next year too.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary

There was a lot of guys on the board who could be top 6 players before we picked Stephens. But looking at entire drafts the last couple years, they ahve been plenty of solid players who come out of the 2nd, not as many as the 1st but we could get two shots at finding them in the 2nd. ROR, Josi, Faulk, Saad, Kucherov etc. all out of the 2nd.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If they have no seniors that doesn't bode well for him. He was scratched a lot last year and unless there are injuries or he does a 180 with his play he could sit a lot next year too.

they graduated seniors meaning this is his time now he will be in top four

he will have two years to prove he was a 2nd round pick

he is also a shut down so dont expect big numbers he has a heavy shot though so will see how he develops

i expect him on the lightning one day to play like garrison with masin i think macleod winds up taking spot from sustr one day think is
hedman tony d at least getting power play time would love to keep stralman till very old
masin macleod
koekkoek sustr
blujus tony d

amazing might wind up rh heavy lol masin macleod will be the shut down pair

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm curious... what do you guys think of us drafting former exceptional status pick Sean Day? Would be a curious project for us to work on.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
What do you guys think about taking Pascal Laberge with our first? He seems like a Yzerman/Murray type of guy - good work ethic, high hockey IQ, leadership qualities, etc. Plays a bit of a gritty game and has decent size as well at 6'1. He also put up some decent numbers while playing on a rather mediocre team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
AlwaysSunnyInTampa I'm curious... what do you guys think of us drafting former exceptional status pick Sean Day? Would be a curious project for us to work on.\\

below we spoke a bit on day earlier too I think but here is some talk id gamble on him every day of week with our last second round pick. I like him get him in system teach him a bit see if can get him into that top form again

no but those guys will go earlier than can pick mascherin probably really early like 20th day should be around for our last second rounder with luck

mascherin is trending upwards he will go early second imho so not available to us

day should be available to us in our second round pick not traded one we will use that for someone else imho

id take nathan bastian for for size and all around game over mascherin

id gamble on day every day of week with a second rounder
day is playing better defense im not concerned as others on him becoming paul coffey is more he can easily be a top four in nhl is he a number one doesnt look like it but the right team teaching him? maybe he hits that level which was expected when was 15?

The only team currently with two 2nd's who we could make a deal with is Calgary. 27th for 35th + 53rd. It would be close to the value we got in 2014 and better than 2015 when we traded out of the 1st.

It would depend who falls, if Tufte is there I take him. If we dropped I'd target Tage Thompson, Kale Clague, Cam Dineen or Pascal Labarge at 35. At 44 Cliff Pu, Carl Grundstrom, Will Bitten or Sam Steel. At 53 and 58 Tim Gettinger, Sean Day, Taylor Raddish, Jacob Cederholm or Dennis Cholowski.

bunch of good names

What do you guys think about taking Pascal Laberge with our first? He seems like a Yzerman/Murray type of guy - good work ethic, high hockey IQ, leadership qualities, etc. Plays a bit of a gritty game and has decent size as well at 6'1. He also put up some decent numbers while playing on a rather mediocre team.

hes a playmaker best case top line forward worst case is a tanner richard id be wary of picking him up with our first rounder and i actually think hes gone when we draft

reminds me of callahan has motor and grit of power forward but too small for that style

his game is not as simplistic as ondrej palat defensively hitting etc. north south he goes to net but is not automatic like palat and he prefers to pass and over pass over shooting the puck

i had eye on him as he moved up this year cause thought he would be in our range but im wary cringy cause of lack of size for style and he is not a selke two way player like say palat has a lot of work

is he a bottom six nhl guy YES resounding YES but do we want to spend our first on guys like that at this time?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://www.nhl.com/news/tampa-bay-lightning-shift-focus-to-nhl-draft/c-280993074
"We'd like to get bigger, stronger in certain positions," Murray said. "We have certain attributes we look for and want in a player, and we'll locate and select players that have a combination of those attributes."
"We certainly feel we'll get a good prospect with our first-round pick, or so we hope," he said. "I also think that if everybody else leaves the players alone, we can get good ones in the third, fourth, fifth and sixth rounds.

"We believe the draft is strong at the top of the first round, but we also feel there's good depth in the second round."

Murray said the 2016 draft might be unique in that teams selecting in the top half of the first round could opt for a positional need rather than best player available.

"I don't think we're at that point with our pick in the first round," he said, "but if you were in the top 10 I think that way because a lot of the players are interchangeable. I think this is one year where you could pick a player of need. Sometimes you can overthink things a little too much or put too much stock in one event such as the Memorial Cup, so you have to be careful that way because it's a compilation of summer tournaments, World Juniors, regular season and second-half play."

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Use one of the 2nds on Golyshev -- the overager who was one of the KHL's top scorers last season -- and gamble you'll have him crossing the pond in a couple seasons.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad