GDT: The 2016 NHL Entry Draft | June 24-25, 2016 | 7 p.m. ET (NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
i thin you will all come back to this and say wow we did it right

i see a lot of toews attributes yep has to work on offensive side but has leadership skills should become captain without point next year I expect a jump myself.

He has great size plays the game right is very safe and very interesting if can match the drive to the size? he could be a super pick at 27.

In ways he has a lot more upside to me than vladdy or last years pick. He plays a good 200 foot game

only know cause i always notice him when viewing point online. We will see how we develop him and if he has that next gear and that edge he needs if so is a home run.

If not he is a lot like killorn which aint bad either:)

You can copy and paste this about Stephens from last year. We heard all the same intangibles talk with limited offensive upside. They clearly like a specific type of player, I get that, but you only have so many spots for those guys. We need some different elements to go along with them.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
You can copy and paste this about Stephens from last year. We heard all the same intangibles talk with limited offensive upside. They clearly like a specific type of player, I get that, but you only have so many spots for those guys. We need some different elements to go along with them.

This exactly why I am not a fan of this pick. Will we see Brett make the NHL? I would say 95% yes, which is very high for a late first rounder, but both him and Stevens will fight for the exact same spot(s) within 2 or 3 years. And looking at his brother, whos scouting report were pretty similar and he did not make it as the supposed 40point two-way guy, that might get a year or two with 50 or even 60 points. Maybe he still gets there, but for now, he is a bottom 6 guy and I hope Brett doesn't follow the same path.

Would have prefered a more unpolished potential diamond. Cirelli, Jospeh, Stevens and now Howden all in the same mold. Funny enough Joseph is the one I belief could make the biggest splash as he has yet to add the weight.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I always have questions when a 1st round pick doesn't go ppg in his draft year and they aren't a defenseman. It's a safe pick as his floor is much higher than most but we need more offensive potential. Our top offensive prospects didn't light it in Erne and Yan, Point did great but need to see how he handles the AHL a bit before thinking he's a top 6 player.

he was 4 points below ppg in 64 games lol. He will make a jump

this is bigtime BS from you to me. I always say things out in left field I def didnt say stephens had any of toews in him if I did maybe check the meds:) I like stephens safe pick second line center ??? doubtful better than vladdy NO. I actually think Brett Howden has all those attributes to get bigger stronger. NOW can we get him to play with an edge? to match the size? Full time right now hes good at net in corners etc.. he has the ability to become a good second line reliable center. I do not see him making a top line center though not a ppg guy but a guy like killorn who can go up down the line up if injured etc... I do think this kid can be as good or better than vladdy in future. But saw a lot i personally liked while viewing point. Think also he is a leader and that has value in itself but really like his play on both ends of ice in corners and in front of net. He is a north south player like palat.

What he becomes is up to him. He can be a very good nhl player or he can be just another guy. Hopefully he has the drive needed to become that very good nhl player:)

Yep. People are under-selling Howden - we need size and skill (especially down the middle) and that's what Howden is. Plus he's good on the dot which is something we could use.

hes good at everything nothing stands out i remember a guy nick lidstrom was kinda looked at that way haha

he picked up his game with higher talent that is probably biggest factor on us drafting him or one of them

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
kulikov to buffalo not sure cost of the deal yet

dammnnnn florida killing it got pysyk and picks back for kulikov good move to me

General Fanager ‏@generalfanager 8s8 seconds ago View translation
To Buffalo:
Dmitry Kulikov
2016 BUF 2 (#38)
2016 STL 3 (#89)

To Florida:
Mark Pysyk
2016 VAN 2 (#33)

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
he was 4 points below ppg in 64 games lol. He will make a jump

this is bigtime BS from you to me. I always say things out in left field I def didnt say stephens had any of toews in him if I did maybe check the meds:) I like stephens safe pick second line center ??? doubtful better than vladdy NO. I actually think Brett Howden has all those attributes to get bigger stronger. NOW can we get him to play with an edge? to match the size? Full time right now hes good at net in corners etc.. he has the ability to become a good second line reliable center. I do not see him making a top line center though not a ppg guy but a guy like killorn who can go up down the line up if injured etc... I do think this kid can be as good or better than vladdy in future. But saw a lot i personally liked while viewing point. Think also he is a leader and that has value in itself but really like his play on both ends of ice in corners and in front of net. He is a north south player like palat.

What he becomes is up to him. He can be a very good nhl player or he can be just another guy. Hopefully he has the drive needed to become that very good nhl player:)

hes good at everything nothing stands out i remember a guy nick lidstrom was kinda looked at that way haha

he picked up his game with higher talent that is probably biggest factor on us drafting him or one of them

Still below ppg and it wasn't his rookie year in the dub. He only improved his goal scoring by 2 from his 16 to 17 year old season. So I have concerns about his offensive game.

Stephens wasn't compared to Toews it was Callahan another high intangible guy. Obviously if Howden becomes Toews and Stephens a pre 15-16 Callahan than we did good but doubt it. Watching his tape nothing really stood out. He had a couple of nice shots but wasn't picking corners, made one power move but didn't look like a power center, the best I seen was him following up on rebounds, did a good job of reading the play and being there to knock in the rebound. Everyone talks about his size but 6'2 isn't huge and I didn't see him utilizing his size all that much.

Again I don't hate the pick I'm just not wowed by it. It leaves a lot to be desired because we've added so many similar players. His brother was considered faster with more scoring upside and higher potential when drafted and hasn't reached it so that is a worry too.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Taylor Raddysh

I like this pick. Decent size, might grow a little, rh, and a rw. We are surprisingly short on that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Raddysh is our Kucherov for the draft. The kid is undeniably talented. Could easily be a 20 goal scoring winger at the NHL level but he's got to make the jump. Yzerman is a lucky dog right now. Chances are he will be the best player we get out of this draft if he can translate his game. Depending on what happens he could score 100 points in the OHL next year.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Is Cederholm still available? He's the RD I want in the 3rd, might have to trade up for him though.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i hope is a goalie out there that is unknown we pick up out of some country lol

also want a flyer a guy with bonanza type of abilities in scoring still

happy so far we've added grit size two way play is safe etc..

if we think we have all we need in outrageous talent this makes sense for this year and last.

So I am ok with it and hope it works out

i can root for the raddysh haha

Yzlamic Preacher*

i hope is a goalie out there that is unknown we pick up out of some country lol

also want a flyer a guy with bonanza type of abilities in scoring still

happy so far we've added grit size two way play is safe etc..

if we think we have all we need in outrageous talent this makes sense for this year and last.

So I am ok with it and hope it works out

i can root for the raddysh haha

Got your goalie. Connor Ingram from Finland.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What a second round for the Lightning. I would have been happy if the Coyotes selected any of those 3 players with the 37th pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad