Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Yawn, Sportsnet have already shown like 20 Otter games this season. I wonder if they forgot that there are two other leagues and 19 other teams in the OHL. I would love to see some Q action.

Well let's be honest who's going to attract more viewers? Some obsolete Q game, or the best prospect in hockey.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
One game probably wasn't the sole reason for Bittner's jump, but to be fair you said the same thing about the Mem Cup and scouts not swapping Jones with MacKinnon because of it, and we know from McKenzie that a few scouts did that very same thing based on Nate's performance in those few games in the Mem Cup.

The prospects game isn't the end all be all, but it clearly is something to help separate prospects. Otherwise every amateur scout in the league wouldn't be there. It's another opportunity to see how they handle what's become a big time pressure situation on a big stage.

Those are two 100% different examples.

The Memorial Cup is a massive stage. Multiple games on the biggest stage the CHL provides. Arguably the toughest title in any sport to win...to win your own league, then a "best of the best" among leagues.

The Top Prospects game is a one-game All-Star game. Yes, it is usually fairly competitive as guys are looking to make a name for themselves but this year in particular really lacked emotion and intrigue.

Not at all comparable.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Those are two 100% different examples.

The Memorial Cup is a massive stage. Multiple games on the biggest stage the CHL provides. Arguably the toughest title in any sport to win...to win your own league, then a "best of the best" among leagues.

The Top Prospects game is a one-game All-Star game. Yes, it is usually fairly competitive as guys are looking to make a name for themselves but this year in particular really lacked emotion and intrigue.

Not at all comparable.

They're very different situations. My point was that both sometimes get downplayed so much in terms of their importance, they relegate them to not having much influence in the final rankings, and we've seen in the past thats not really the case.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Karlsson was not ranked high until the end of the year, he was a late riser. I'm not sure the two are comparable.

Karlsson Final Rankings :

TSN - 20th
Central Scouting - 4th European Skater
ISS - 22nd
Redline - 41st
McKeens - 10th
The Hockey News - 71st
I had him ranked - 24th on my list

Don't remember if he fell or if he rose but scouts were pretty much all over the board on him.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Man would I love for the Avs to use a middle round pick on Dmytro Timashov on the Remparts. Guy is a scoring machine. Obviously his size is an issue, but I don't think using a 4th rounder on him is too much.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sounds like Kylington, who was loaned to tier 2 team AIK, has to switch clubs again. AIK weren't happy with his play because he was taking too many risks. He'll play with Färjestads U20 team for the time being.

Rough season for him, missing WJC and his troubles finding a team he fits with in Sweden. I wonder how this affects his draft stock.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Sounds like Kylington, who was loaned to tier 2 team AIK, has to switch clubs again. AIK weren't happy with his play because he was taking too many risks. He'll play with Färjestads U20 team for the time being.

Rough season for him, missing WJC and his troubles finding a team he fits with in Sweden. I wonder how this affects his draft stock.

I really don't want Colorado to draft him. There's just something about picking a Euro that high that sketches me out because of the development over there. I'd feel more comfortable with a North American pick and just picking a Euro in the latter rounds or signing one as a FA. If they do end up picking a D in the first, which I've expressed before I don't think they should, I'd want it to be Provorov or Werenski.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They won't. People don't want to hear it but they won't. I'm sure whoever drafts him will be happy with the pick but he just doesn't fit the Avs MO. I'm nit sure they'd take an offensive D anyway.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
4 point night for provorov. If we do take a d-man hope it's him. Doubt he'll be available where he pick though

I just don't think Colorado is going to scratch their way into the playoffs so that will help their draft spot. If I had predict where they pick I'd say in the 9-12 range. They're too good to be that low but I'm fairly certain they won't make the playoffs. With how Provorov is playing and his stock seemingly rising, he might not be available. Werenski however might be. If they're taking a Dman I'd want it to be one of them. But like I said a lot of times, I think this team would be better off picking Rantanen (more comfortable drafting a Euro already playing at their highest respective level) Bittner, or Connor. Then use their second on say Pilon, Juulsen, or Spencer or Spenver if available.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Seems like Provorov is raising his draft stock which is not good news for us. If he ends up as a top 5 player we lose out on him even if we start losing now.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I wonder with so many teams needing defense and the costs of defensemen climbing, the Avs might have one of those big FWDS slide to them if they pick around #10-12.

Zacha and Rantanen look interesting and seem to both play C and Wing which I think the Avs need more of.

Still reading up on all these guys (and I admit I started with the FWDs with size) but that is the position where I think the Avs will look first since there is a chance ROR, Tanguay, McGinn, and Iginla will all be gone in the next few years.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
They won't. People don't want to hear it but they won't. I'm sure whoever drafts him will be happy with the pick but he just doesn't fit the Avs MO. I'm nit sure they'd take an offensive D anyway.

No way can we take an offensive D. It's got to be someone who is a very good defender. Obviously it would be nice to add a guy with big production potential, but with roster we got to think defense. Hedja and Stuart are getting old. And then for offense we have EJ, Barrie, Redmond and too an extent Holden. Plus Elliott and Noreau.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I think there is a chance that Provorov falls because of the Russian factor. If the Avs are in a playoff spot, or just outside and he falls to us we better take him. Has potential to be the best D from this draft with his hockey sense.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I think there is a chance that Provorov falls because of the Russian factor. If the Avs are in a playoff spot, or just outside and he falls to us we better take him. Has potential to be the best D from this draft with his hockey sense.

He's the one I realistically want, but I don't see him going outside of the top-10 and I don't know that the Avs will be securely within the top ten picks. We shall see.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Provorov won't go that high and if he does we'll just take Crouse ;) But seriously, I know his stock is going up but they all can't be top 10 picks.

IMO

1-mcdavid
2-eichel
3/4/5-hanifin/marner/strome (order depending on team)
6/7/8-crouse/werenski/provorov (order depending on team)

9th pick and after is where it gets tricky to predict

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00