Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Since junior hockey is starting sometime next week, including European leagues wanted to start this.

Sunrise, Florida

WHEN
June 26th and 27th, 2015

MOCK DRAFTS
http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2015/

BOB McKENZIE'S RANKINGS
Preliminary - http://www.tsn.ca/teen-titans-mcdavid-eichel-top-mckenzie-s-draft-ranking-1.83478
Midterm - http://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-the-unanimous-no-1-in-tsn-s-mid-season-ranking-1.193058

CRAIG BUTTON'S RANKINGS
September - http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=124661
October - http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-october-ranking-mcdavid-leads-the-pack-1.100255
November - http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-november-ranking-mcdavid-still-leads-eichel-1.132206
December - http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-december-ranking-mcdavid-and-eichel-on-even-terms-1.154887

AVS PICKS
1st Round: Kept
2nd Round: Kept
3rd Round: Kept
4th Round: Kept
5th Round: *Status: Traded to Montreal*
6th Round: Kept
7th Round: Kept

Two Headed Monster
sC4lJ12.jpg

Jack-Eichel.jpg

If there is a draft to tank, it's this one. Some elite, franchise potential defensemen are going to be available in the top 10.

I effed up on the poll, forgot to add Sniper or playmaker so please wait until it's updated if you would like to choose one of these options.

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
ryan pilon is who I want so 2-way d-man

future d-core:
pilon-johnson
bigras-barrie
siemens-wood
geertsen

not bad

Last edited:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Im so envious of teams like the Sharks or Hawks. They seem to always have guys ready to come in when its time for the old ones to leave and they dont miss a beat. As much as I want that stud dman I think we need to plan for those 2 spots in our top 6 that will most likely be vacant in 3 yrs.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Draft in Florida, wanna bet the DP somehow finds their way to cover this one?

Anyway, depends on the location of the pick and needs obviously. But right now I'd say if it's top 10 to look for D otherwise it's probably best to look for another winger prospect as we have a lot of options on D in the system now.

I like your spiffy threads SEPH. Hope you make one for camp too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm confused, did we trade it or are you commenting about how Avs are throwing away draft picks?

Draft in Florida, wanna bet the DP somehow finds their way to cover this one?

Anyway, depends on the location of the pick and needs obviously. But right now I'd say if it's top 10 to look for D otherwise it's probably best to look for another winger prospect as we have a lot of options on D in the system now.

I like your spiffy threads SEPH. Hope you make one for camp too.

Thanks and sure I will if everyone else is fine with it!:)

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Went with 2way forward. Honestly, I think we should seriously go with the best available player. I think we are in a position to actually do that instead of focusing on a certain position. We have a solid group of guys at all 3 units (F, D, and G). But if the the prospects are equal, go with the 2 way forward. I have a little more faith in our current D group, and don't want to see anymore undersized guys.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Went with two-way D.

Elliott and Barrie are mainly offensive Ds, Johnson is two way, Siemens and Bigras IMO will be more shutdown Ds. So another two-way D would be great.

I think we'll have to look for wingers as well considering Tanguay and Iginla are in our top 6 right now. I don't feel bad about bringing Ginner in the top 6 eventually, but it would be great to add another stud on the wings. Not sure Bleackley can become a top 6 winger, always pictured him at that 3C spot. Hishon? Possible... Not too likely though. Bourke? Maybe... But I don't think it's safe to assume he ends up in our top 6 at this point.

I guess we've still got a few years left of Tangs and Iggy so it should be okay for now, but that's a hole we'll have to fill soon enough. Brière will probably leave soon as well.

We need wingers, but our D has to improve as well. I guess we'll have to sign a good free agent at one of the two positions again in 2 years or so.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Bigras is more two-way, he just had to take on a much more defensive role last year.

The way I see it that to add a blue chip fast track type of prospect it would be nice to take a D high but if it's someone that needs time developing then I have confidence in our D prospect pool. There is a bit of everything there and might get a gem in Geertsen, Wood or Butcher. I would like to see more wingers in our pool so that's probably the direction they go in.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I look it at it this way.
If we can get just one of Bigras or Siemens to pan out then we can easily
fill out the other 3. Its that top 3 D you have to get going. Most good teams have that 3 headed monster on D and the other 3 guys are like
FA pick ups, AHL ers, etc.

So lets say next year

Bigras---EJ
Barrie---FA pick up (Sekera --he had 44 pts last year? whoa or Staal, god willing)
Redmond --Holden

that s a decent top 6. And who knows if Siemens is a gamer too well
that actually puts us ahead for once in the D dept.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Personally, I think the Avalanche have a realistic shot at picking up Matthew Spencer who I think would fit in with the team really well.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Depends where we draft. If we can get a lefty TWD with top pairing upside, then that. Otherwise, I'd like a sniper/powerforward RW to replace Iggy in a few years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Super excited for this draft... it is freaking deep! As for what the Avs should draft... right now I would say a wing or a center that will be converted to wing, but it is way too early. As long as the Avs stay away from a player like Gropp in the 1st, I'll probably be pretty happy.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I think we need to go forward again. Preferably someone comfortable with the right side. By the time we're competing, it's our forward prospects that will be competing for a roster spot. Any defenders we take in 2015 I'd assume to be at least 4+ years out from making an impact.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Any captains or players that scream "Avs type" yet? Absent any real information, I feel like the Avs would look at either Roy from the Q.

Matteo Gennaro immediately springs to mind. Not sure if he a 1st round sort of talent (more like mid 2nd-3rd... every year some of those players move up though), but has size, work ethic, and leadership written all over him.

For goalies... my favorite goalie is Callum Booth. I really think he will be an Av by the end of the 2nd round...

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have picked a forward first every draft since 2009. I think they prefer players with a shorter route to the NHL and players it's easier to project with their first picks. They seem to prefer drafting defenders, who normally require more developing, in the second/third round.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Avs have picked a forward first every draft since 2009. I think they prefer players with a shorter route to the NHL and players it's easier to project with their first picks. They seem to prefer drafting defenders, who normally require more developing, in the second/third round.

It does make sense though. Most of the times offense is easier to predict than defense/goaltender. Look at how many great defenseman have been drafted in second/third whatever round. It seems pretty random to me.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

To be fair, the Avs have had top 3 picks in 3/5 of those drafts. As we start to draft later, I expect the Avs to start pulling the trigger on the 20's defenders that slip some. If they don't I'll be disappointed, since there's a sweet spot for defenders in that 20-40's range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad