Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I want Crouse but if Bob is saying he's clear second tier with Marner and Strome it's not going to happen. Probably Provorov, makes the most sense. Although I can't shake Barzal would be a BPA pick at where he's slotted. He makes less sense for us in particular but if you want talent/skill/upside that's fallen he would be the pick.

Jeremy Roy fell pretty far. I like a lot of guys in the late first, early second. If just a couple fall could be really nice.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I like Provorvov for sure.. Still a gut feeling Kylingtons gonna be a stud.. Be very happy with one of those 2. Our defense is gonna have some wheels in a few years that will be a nice change!
Seems every second year we have a great draft so here's hoping we don't throw our 2nd round pick at some old defense. Also here's hoping minny don't pick before us

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yea, right now I'm liking Rantanen and Provorov the most as guys that might be around where we'll pick. Haven't seen enough of Kylington.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bittner being in the top 15 is like Crouse in the top 10. Scouts always wet their pants with prospects that have size, even if do not have the talent level to show match it.

McKenzie's list (from scouts opinions) is an accurate measurement if the draft was taking place today. I don't agree with everything like Zacha over Rantanen or Merkley that low (I have no reason why this is the case). One thing I do not understand is how Barzal is injured for the last two months and keeps his draft position while Kylington gets injured in a pre-tournament game and falls. Sounds like Bob's ten scouts he uses are heavily North American.

Lastly, I HIGHLY disagree with anyone saying Zacha is overrated (from the past few pages). Trust me, I thought he was in Crouse/Bittner world of a bigger guy who has size and uses it, though doesn't really have a high talent level. But the kid really does have a solid talent. His ability to make plays at high speeds, especially stickhandling is just under McDavid's level. Very good player, very similar to Voráček IMO.

With some math skillz, here is who the Avs would be drafting based on his list...

11th overall: Oliver Kylington, D
41st overall: Filip Ahl, LW

I would (still) prefer Pilon or Siegenthaler at 41st than Ahl.
Erie vs Kingston on Sportsnet tomorrow night. Mcdavid/strome vs crouse

Yawn, Sportsnet have already shown like 20 Otter games this season. I wonder if they forgot that there are two other leagues and 19 other teams in the OHL. I would love to see some Q action.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I doubt Kylington falls that low.

It's clear the prospects game made a difference. Merkley wasn't that good and he didn't do well in the on ice testing. Jeremy Roy also had a bit of a rough game. Bittner had a good game and there you have it. Barzal was mentioned as top 5 talent not too long ago, it's what's kept him up there.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I doubt Kylington falls that low.

It's clear the prospects game made a difference. Merkley wasn't that good and he didn't do well in the on ice testing. Jeremy Roy also had a bit of a rough game. Bittner had a good game and there you have it. Barzal was mentioned as top 5 talent not too long ago, it's what's kept him up there.

I could see kylington falling into 11+ range like karlsson did in 2008.(both didn't play in wjc in draft year).

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Karlsson was not ranked high until the end of the year, he was a late riser. I'm not sure the two are comparable.

basing it more of raw ability/style of play/place they played. NHL teams seem to like to take the more "sure thing"(N.A based vs Europe based) with high picks and take risks the later the pick.(if prospects are considered equal in talent)

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Why not? I have not seen much of him at all. He certainly looks good on paper.

Just my opinion and I know some people would disagree with me, but I haven't seen as much growth in him compared to other prospects of his draft.

He's got a great shot at the WHL level but It's nothing special by NHL/AHL standards. He's unnoticeable away from the puck much like a guy like Eberle.

Alot of his success comes on him being bigger than other players when he takes that step up and plays against men his physical attributes won't give him as much of an edge in a higher level pro compared to juniors.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
My preference order is: Werenski, Kylington, Rantanen, Provarov, Connor, Konecny.

If any of those guys are still around and they pick someone off the list, I will be disappointed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Choosing at or after the 11th and 41st spots on that list I would choose Kylington or Provorov at 11, with a slight thought to Connor or White. Provorov is closer to NHL ready, but doesn't have quite as high of ceiling. I could see the Avs favoring him. At 41 I'm going JF Karlsson.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Damn Bittner really came up, it was that Prospects game, huh?

No, NHL scouts don't change their opinion drastically based around one game. That's the problem with the Top Prospects game. People jump to wild conclusions and base an entire year worth of knowledge on one game.

And I'm pretty sure Bittner was in Bob's top 15 at the start of the year...so it's safe to say his movement has been minimal on Bob's list.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No, NHL scouts don't change their opinion drastically based around one game. That's the problem with the Top Prospects game. People jump to wild conclusions and base an entire year worth of knowledge on one game.

One game probably wasn't the sole reason for Bittner's jump, but to be fair you said the same thing about the Mem Cup and scouts not swapping Jones with MacKinnon because of it, and we know from McKenzie that a few scouts did that very same thing based on Nate's performance in those few games in the Mem Cup.

The prospects game isn't the end all be all, but it clearly is something to help separate prospects. Otherwise every amateur scout in the league wouldn't be there. It's another opportunity to see how they handle what's become a big time pressure situation on a big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig