Post-Game Talk: The 2015 IIHF World Men Championships [1st: CAN 2nd: RUS 3rd:USA]

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Nice to see Redmond, in his first appearance for Team USA Hockey, get a medal. Something I'm sure he'll remember for the rest of his life.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good to see the US medal. Was trying to focus a bit on Reilly playing against full grown pros with him being a pending UFA now, as this was the first US game I was able to catch. Thought he looked ok, though he was basically played as a 7th D man. Split duties between Jones and Connor Murphy's partner. Basically didn't play at all in the 3rd with a three goal lead, as I think I only saw him for a couple shifts, both about ten seconds or so before an icing by the Czech's.

Seemed as though he was still getting used to the higher speed of play, but recovered well when he made a small mistake. Didn't seem to have too much trouble battling physically with forwards, and didn't give them too much room which to me is always a sign of a guy who isn't confident in his defensive abilities when he does passively give them that room. Offensive instincts were definitely showing, even though he wasn't able to display much in his brief shifts.

Anybody else get to watch him more earlier in the tourney? How did his overall game look containing forwards in the D zone behind the goal line and in the corners?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Canada looks great to start. Really fast pace.

Ovechkin tried to go right through O'Reilly. Not happening.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was just going to make fun of Eakin for that between the legs move and then he scores.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Replays are too damn fast for me (I'm so effing jet lagged from the travel the last couple of days), but it's hard to see if it went off of Eakin or Mironov, at least for me it is.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Can anyone hook me up with a stream for this? TIA

Edit: Nevermind, it's on NBC.com

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Blow it open!

Barrie starts the play and then a great pass by Giroux.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know how Spezza is leading in points. In a few of these games I thought he was the worst player on the team. Somehow still racking up the points though.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't know how Spezza is leading in points. In a few of these games I thought he was the worst player on the team. Somehow still racking up the points though.

Spezza holds onto the puck too long, skates slower than his linemates and is bad defensively which makes him very easy to pick out as not looking good. On the other hand his hands are insane and he knows exactly where to be in the offensive zone better than probably anybody else in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad