Post-Game Talk: The 2015 IIHF World Men Championships [1st: CAN 2nd: RUS 3rd:USA]

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Brent Burns will always post points but man I don't like him. P.S no way Smith or Giroux should be named player of the tournament over any of Spezza, Hall or Duchene.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
should've been ovechkin saying that instead of panarin.

HF and hockey twitter would've exploded.

awesome show in so many ways.

And now I'm not going to be productive during this weekend that I was going to do so much cleaning because I have to rewatch the season where Prez becomes a teacher.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So out of nowhere, Turkmenistan is the next to join IIHF.

5b.jpg

buz_k%C3%B6%C5%9Fk%C3%BC-b%281%29.jpg

Oil money can buy a lot of things, look at the club box for the President.

E: I am watching the Russia/USA game on a stream, and the language is Portuguese. It is beyond strange listening to Portuguese announcers for a hockey game, but it really is not that bad.

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
That crease violation whistle is the dumbest call in the world next to delay of game for a puck over the boards. US could've just buried one if not for a whistle there.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Since I, for reasons that are unclear to me at this point, voted for USA in the poll I'm cheering for them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Czech's got screwed on that call but after a pretty scary first five minutes or so, and some sporadic chances throughout, it was clear Canada was the better team.

Haven't seen a NA international team click this well in a long time. All the game's I've seen from Canada, all three of the top lines no matter what they've been have had tremendous chemistry, known where each other is on the ice, didn't overpass, managed the puck extremely well, and played very inspired hockey.

The new lines have seem to gel really well too, but I'm surprised they broke up the Crosby-MacK line, and the Duchene and Oilers lines. They both looked great early on. Barrie's been very good for the most part. Distributing the puck very well, jumping into the zone for dangerous chances, just doesn't seem to have an finish. Perhaps a bit of nerves still.

ROR's just been crushing. Everywhere. What else is new. I'm sure Pit and Dallas have taken notice of how well he plays with their star players though.

Great performance by Canada so far, and I'm sure a great learning experience for the young Av players, minus Duchene's who's kinda been there done that overseas.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Russia powerplays are hilarious. There's one guy on the half-boards with the puck while 4 other players have their sticks up in the air winding for the one timer just praying they are the recipient of the pass lol.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That was one of the better games I've seen in a while. USA needed to get the first goal. Hope they get a medal at least. Canada should pick apart Russia's defense but they can let them get on a roll. I hope USA hockey tells the guys that declined to stay home next time.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like how MacKinnon is going around acting like the goon on his line. Anyone touches Duchene after the whistle and there's MacKinnon in the middle of a scrum. :laugh:

Duchene is playing really hard and looks good defensively. It was like that in the Olympics as well. Why does he look so....ummm....not so good defensively (I'm being nice) for the Avs?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I really hope this more physical play follows MacKinnon back across the pond.

So the USA game isn't on TV whatsoever, not even tape delay. Way to support the team and sport. NBC. And y'all wonder why Americans don't care about this tournament.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I really hope this more physical play follows MacKinnon back across the pond.

So the USA game isn't on TV whatsoever, not even tape delay. Way to support the team and sport. NBC. And y'all wonder why Americans don't care about this tournament.

What a dumb call by NBC. They're gonna medal and all.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I like how MacKinnon is going around acting like the goon on his line. Anyone touches Duchene after the whistle and there's MacKinnon in the middle of a scrum. :laugh:

Duchene is playing really hard and looks good defensively. It was like that in the Olympics as well. Why does he look so....ummm....not so good defensively (I'm being nice) for the Avs?

Duchene was fine defensively for Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad