Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Have a feeling we are going to see a win tonight; our guys are trying too hard and the Lakers appear to be in full tank mode.

Going to be hard to stay near the bottom five at this pace. Danny must have a different plan.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I am extremely disappointed in Danny doing NOTHING at the deadline.

Not trading Rondo, I get. I've been flip-flopping on Rondo all year long, and I still don't know how I feel about him, but I understand waiting until the off-season to deal him, or if they prefer, trying to extend him and moving forward with him as a major piece.

I heard Danny say that they still had "all of their bullets" heading into the off-season and draft. Rondo is their biggest asset or bullet, so you want to maximize his value. But their next biggest asset is their 2014 1st round draft pick. They needed to maximize that asset coming out of this deadline, and they didn't do that.

Green and Bass have no business being on this team. What are they going to fetch in the off-season? Whatever it is, it's not worth them being here now and helping the team win games, thus devaluing your 1st round pick. Shipping them out of town, even for less than their value, was worth it because you are making your second best asset more valuable.

With Rondo back full time, and Bradley coming back soon, this team is too good. Never mind worrying about getting into the top 3, we have to worry about this collection of guys making a late-season push to the 7 or 8 seed in the East.

I don't get it, and I am frustrated as hell by it. Hopefully Danny will make me eat my words in the off-season.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Huge loss tonight. The Lakers were lower than the Celtics in the standings, but not anymore.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Huge loss tonight. The Lakers were lower than the Celtics in the standings, but not anymore.

could be one of the best losses of the season next to the buzzer beater against the sixers. a loss tomorrow and they are 4th and only 4 games out of 2nd. good possibility they are top 3 soon.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know it's a small sample size, but Rondo hasn't shot this well from distance in any sample size ever. 35% ain't too shabby at all, let's hope he keeps up a similar figure (next year at least).

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
there should be a nice march madness of tanking by the celtics. entirely possible they win 1 game the entire month.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I personally love Simmons. I'm actually watching his Grantland podcast with Jeselnik right now. I thought he did well.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
If he wasn't so rich and successful I would want him to take over for Tommy

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
A loss tonight in Sacramento will give the Celtics the 4th worst record in the league:

Current Standings
1 - Milwaukee ( 10-44 ) .185
2 - Philadelphia ( 15-41 ) .268
3 - Orlando ( 17-40 ) .298
4 - Sacramento ( 18-36 ) .333
5 - Boston ( 19-37 ) .339
6 - LA Lakers ( 19-36 ) .345
7 - Utah ( 19-35 ) .352
8 - New York ( 21-34 ) .382
9 - Cleveland ( 22-34 ) .393
10 - Detroit ( 23-32 ) .418

So right now ( barring any changes with the lottery ) the Celtics would be picking at the following spots in the 2014 NBA Draft:
# 5 ( their own pick )
# 17 ( Brooklyn's spot )

Philadelphia is now 10 games out of the last Playoff spot in the East so there's no way that we'll get their pick this year but hopefully the 76ers can squeeze into the Playoffs next season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Julius Randle is the guy I'd love to see the Celtics get- but an interesting player who just seems like he fits what we want as a Celtics player is the kid from Creighton- McDermott. Seems like he has a lot of Bird-like traits

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
I believe that we can lose, I believe that we can lose

With a little luck and some hard work, this team could be the sorriest group of losers in the league. Now isn't that something we can all get behind?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Suspend Brad Stevens the rest of the year and bring back ML Carr

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't want us to tank. It seems everyone is hung up on this draft. There is no guarantee that the players will pan out. I'd be leery on it.

Still think Kevin Love is coming here. If he does, watch out.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
ainge won't admit it but the tank is full steam ahead. i'm surprised he wasn't sitting with jabari's mom at the BC game.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I don't want us to tank. It seems everyone is hung up on this draft. There is no guarantee that the players will pan out. I'd be leery on it.

You're right to be leery of it, but what is the better option? Do you want them to push towards the playoffs and have a pick at the end of the lottery or even out of the lottery? Even if they make the post-season, they are going one-and-done. Whatever you think of the players, the #4 pick is a better asset than the #12 pick, as an example. If you are going to make the pick, there is a better chance of picking a better player at 4 than later in the draft. If Danny doesn't believe in the players in the draft, then the #4 pick is a much more valuable trade chip than one later in the draft. Having a high lottery pick benefits this team moving forward more than not having one. There's really no benefit to not having a high lottery pick, in fact.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

Even if the draft isn't that great, what's better, the 3rd pick or the 9th? I don't think playoffs are a realistic option (with more talented teams like NY and Cleveland ahead of us, but still out of the playoffs), and winning a playoff round certainly isn't realistic.

I mean, if all of a sudden we're on the doorstep of making the playoffs, I'd root for wins and if we make the playoffs, obviously I'll root for us, but if we're gonna suck (which we do), let's get the best pick we can.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Ainge doesn't have to draft a player with whatever pick we get. He could trade it in a package for an all-star. It's all about the asset. Either way, I want the Celtics to have as many ping pong balls as possible, and therefore the opportunity to get best asset possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest